• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Tern

Yes. But it's hard to resist when that nutter keeps insisting the champ Tern is a stable brute of a driver...at < 300 ft? :wink:

I'm a bit of a Tern Fan so I purchased,well ordered another Champion Tern. I wanted to get another 167 for when my other gets a bit beat so I could just phase it out or use it for something else.Well here is the funny thing,I may be kicking out my 175 Champion Tern instead. This new one has a higher PLH than both of my other Champion Terns. It's a thing of beauty(orange of course) and it feels so much better in the hand than the other two.

Since the PLH is higher this new Tern will(should) fly more stable than my heavy 175 Tern.I'm down with a more stable Tern. I've got 3 holes here at the local courses and this monster downhill hole an hour and half away from me on this other course that this new Tern will love. I can't wait to get over this stomach flu so I can get back on the course to try this baby. It's gonna be sweet. :D

And another thing is Scott Papa signed the invoice sheet. I thought that was cool as hell.

No doubt there are some more stable Terns, as with any disc...PLH, dome, plastic. Hope your new one with higher PLH works out well for you.

But if you really want a more stable Tern, maybe check out the Crank. They're just as big distance, but a little straighter flight(i.e. tighter S curve).

BentElbow11 said:
No doubt there are some more stable Terns, as with any disc...PLH, dome, plastic. Hope your new one with higher PLH works out well for you.

But if you really want a more stable Tern, maybe check out the Crank. They're just as big distance, but a little straighter flight(i.e. tighter S curve).

You know as much As I would love to try the Crank I'm really trying to stick to using less molds. If I need a little more stability out of my Tern I usually adjust the Hyzer Angle so it don't flip up too flat on me. I might find one in the used bin one of these day though. If so I'll for sure try one. I've found some good plastic in the used bin. :D

The Crank does look and feel like an Awesome disc. When they released the Big Z plastic a couple of weeks back I got a chance to feel the Crank in that plastic. It felt so much better than regular Z

Yeh, sounds like you're pretty committed to the Tern. I liked the feel of the Crank too, more streamlined than other Discraft max D drivers.

BentElbow11 said:
Yeh, sounds like you're pretty committed to the Tern. I liked the feel of the Crank too, more streamlined than other Discraft max D drivers.

Yeah that is the word i was thinking of for it the other day, Streamlined. :thumbup:

JR said:
Innova is not above if it looks like and flies like an Ape maybe it is a PD2 ;-) Or a misstamped whatever...

You're forgetting about Discraft/DGA?

Or PMantle, who should probably change the name on the top of his disc from Tern to Teerex. :wink:

UncleBrother2001 said:
BentElbow11 said:

Yeah that is the word i was thinking of for it the other day, Streamlined. :thumbup:

It has a shallower rim, 1.1cm vs 1.2cm of other Discraft drivers. I think that's the main difference in feel.

Starting to finally feel better so I'm gonna get a chance to test my new Champion Tern out tomorrow.

In my mind I feel it's gonna be just really straight with fade,maybe just a bit of turn but not much

How does the dome on it compare to your other champ Terns? Higher PLH should do it, but dome can make a difference too. Typically, flat = less stable, domey = more stable.

Yeh, hope you feel better soon!

Hey Bent my buddy. Threw a bunch of discs yesterday. My two Champ Terns flew basically like -0.5 2. Every Renegade I had(three plastics) flew the same for me and I would say they are easily -2 1.

BTW, just from reading your posts, it looks to be like you haven't actually thrown any of these and are just going off numbers. :lol:

Back to the Sorcerer:

Except that the Sorcerer is more understable than the numbers, or inbounds says.

Been throwing a Trespass for awhile and have only thrown the Sorcerer one round, but it's pretty obvious that the Trespass is beefier than the Sorcerer.

It has a good amount of turn, can be a long disc if you dont get a trespass to fly straight/turn.

I was throwing Sorcerers again, today. These are have more turn than even my Cranks. I would put the Sorcerer (in TP) at like -1.5 or so.

Unique posters. None me.

PMantle said:
Hey Bent my buddy. Threw a bunch of discs yesterday. My two Champ Terns flew basically like -0.5 2. Every Renegade I had(three plastics) flew the same for me and I would say they are easily -2 1.

BTW, just from reading your posts, it looks to be like you haven't actually thrown any of these and are just going off numbers. :lol:

PMantle, really, do you read the posts?

I've stated more than once that I have 2 first run champ Terns, and that the Renegade is one of the drivers in my bag.

-0.5, 2 doesn't sound right for the champ Tern, unless seriously underpowered.

And now you've gone from the Renegade being "way more understable" than -3, to -2.

Whatever, believe what you will...

PMantle said:
Back to the Sorcerer:

Except that the Sorcerer is more understable than the numbers, or inbounds says.

Been throwing a Trespass for awhile and have only thrown the Sorcerer one round, but it's pretty obvious that the Trespass is beefier than the Sorcerer.

It has a good amount of turn, can be a long disc if you dont get a trespass to fly straight/turn.

I was throwing Sorcerers again, today. These are have more turn than even my Cranks. I would put the Sorcerer (in TP) at like -1.5 or so.

Unique posters. None me.

Cherry picking a handful of reviews doesn't help your argument, it compromises it even further. But, even then, it looks like they're saying it has more turn than a Trespass which shouldn't be surprising. As for the Crank, TP Sorcerer vs what Crank?...ESP or Z?

General descriptions from the majority of reviews(from multiple sources) is straight with fade, with maybe -1 turn.

BTW, here are Inbounds #'s for the 3: Trespass -14%, 56%...Crank -29%, 44%...Sorcerer -8%, 37%.

Insisting that every driver out there is more understable than your Tern doesn't make it so, it's just strange.

Feeling better and did good with the Terns. Nailed a big turnover with the Star for 380ft. Hit a crazy S-Shot for around 410ft then hit 390ft with the champion and one just a bit over 400ft with the Champion.

The Champion did turnout to be more stable and I like it. I can really rip on it flat instead of having to adjust my hyzer angle like I did with the other one. So yeah I like it

Latest posts