• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Tern

Reviews I've seen say the champ Tern is more stable than the Star, sure. That doesn't make it Destroyer-like. It's still an understable driver.

Look, PMantle, I like you. I'm not trying to be an "ass". But something's not right if you think the Renegade is "way more understable than the Tern." The only plausible explanation, IMO, is a "speed stable"/distance issue. Maybe go back to the Renegade and try throwing it without 45 degrees anhyzer?

Star Tern...-4,2
G-Star Tern...-3,2
Champion Tern...-2,2
All Destroyers...-1,3

These are Innova's numbers!

Renegade -1.5, 2.5...

limonsock said:
So the GStar Tern is closer in stability to the champ?
Mine is. Fit's right in between which is wonderful. If my Star begins a right move, it never comes back unless a good bit of downwind. GStar comes back.

Discs in the same run of the same plastic and weight vary often and a lot in the opposite ends of the stability spectrum. Outer edge and dome height differences possibly with different curves in the wings anyone? Pics might resolve the issue if they are profile ones.

Another supposedly overstable one from the Tri companies that is more understable than Champ Terns.....
Sorcerer. Bought it to be a driver for head winds that my heavier champ Tern can not handle. Nope, turns with ease. Good disc though. Like a every so slightly longer Renegade. I think it's time that Lat/West either revamped their numbers or came out with an explanation of what they mean. They are obviously different than Innova's.

Lat has to my knowledge never claimed to have numbers compatibility to any other company. Aside of Vibram no attempt at having the numbers describe something measurable has been made by any company. Lat just puts a number higher than that of Innova to speed. If most customers were informed they would steer clear of fast discs and surpassing the number of the competition would hurt sales. Since does it go to eleven sells more we know how well informed the majority of disc golfers are.

Speaking of new Westsides Worlds of the initial 1000 first runs had two distinctly different general types with some falling in between. Have not seen regular production ones yet. Frs had flatter high plh Boss os or faster Force type of flight. There were variations in plh of the domier ones that looked much less overstable. The high plh flattish Worlds took headwinds fh easily meaning in stiff headwinds bh they hooked hard fairly early. Say Teerex in calm conditions kind of fade. Meaning trx of all the variations. Bigger arms than me could get the domier ones to turn slowly. So the headwind handling could be iffy. I am interested in the less beefy variation so i may buy one eventually.

12, whatever that rim size is, is my limit. I can get the occasional bomb from larger, but I just don't get good releases often enough with larger. The exception is my Air King. I only use it where max down wind distance is needed. It's the longest disc I've ever thrown by a good margin, but I can only use it a couple times or so a round. Sometimes none-just depends on wind.

PMantle said:
Another supposedly overstable one from the Tri companies that is more understable than Champ Terns.....
Sorcerer. <<Bought it to be a driver for head winds that my heavier champ Tern can not handle.>> Nope, turns with ease. Good disc though. Like a every so slightly longer Renegade. I think it's time that Lat/West either revamped their numbers or came out with an explanation of what they mean. They are obviously different than Innova's.

Why would you think a champ Tern would be good in a headwind in the first place? Crazy!

Please just get a dedicated OS driver so you'll stop trashing every driver here but the Tern.

Tons of misinformation coming from you...not good.

BentElbow11 said:
PMantle said:
Sorcerer. <<Bought it to be a driver for head winds that my heavier champ Tern can not handle.>> Nope, turns with ease. Good disc though. Like a every so slightly longer Renegade. I think it's time that Lat/West either revamped their numbers or came out with an explanation of what they mean. They are obviously different than Innova's.

Why would you think a champ Tern would be good in a headwind in the first place? Crazy!

Please just get a dedicated OS driver so you'll stop trashing every driver here but the Tern.

Tons of misinformation coming from you...not good.
Because it is.

I have to think you're laughing as you type this because even at my best, I cannot troll this poorly :lol:

I have trashed one driver in my life:Flow. Hate it.

I carry a Crush for overstable duties, but where I play it's very rare to have a severe headwind. It just doesn't happen.

PMantle said:
Sorcerer. Bought it to be a driver for head winds that my heavier champ Tern can not handle. Nope, turns with ease. Good disc though. Like a every so slightly longer Renegade. I think it's time that Lat/West either revamped their numbers or came out with an explanation of what they mean. They are obviously different than Innova's.

Interesting...only you and one other poster considers the Sorcerer flippy understable, out of 8 pages on DGCR. And he admits he must have gotten a couple freak Sorcerers. He also claims he has OAT, but not too bad. LOL.

Read the reviews...everybody liking the Sorcerer, straight with minimal turn(maybe -1), always hooks up in the end. But PMantle and the other torque monkey can't keep it in the air? A speed 13 Driver rated at 0, 2?

I don't consider it flippy. You should choose your words more wisely. It's just more understable than the meathook(you're gonna love that one) Champion Tern. Not only that, you're wrong about what you claim to have read. Many saying it has more turn than advertised. Can't keep in air? :lol: never said that.

BTW, I have the cleanest release in the history of disc golf. I can keep anything in the air except for my beat Unlace. Now that's a flippy driver.

PMantle said:
I don't consider it flippy. You should choose your words more wisely. It's just more understable than the meathook(you're gonna love that one) Champion Tern. Not only that, you're wrong about what you claim to have read. Many saying it has more turn than advertised. Can't keep in air? :lol: never said that.

BTW, I have the cleanest release in the history of disc golf. I can keep anything in the air except for my beat Unlace. Now that's a flippy driver.

Yes, more turn than advertised, -1. That's not flippy understable, and it's less turn than ANY Tern.

Everybody knows the Tern isn't -4,2, except maybe lighter Stars. Yet you keep claiming it's more stable than a bunch of drivers that are rated more overstable than the Tern, and clearly are.

You love your Terns, said you have a crush for OS duty...so why do you keep buying every new driver that comes out? And then proceed to trash it on DG boards when compared to the Tern? This is the "misinformation" I'm talking about and it's a disservice to others. Knock it off already.

PMantle: I'm shutting this discussion down from my end as of now.

GL with your Terns.

BentElbow11 said:
Everybody knows the Tern isn't -4,2, except maybe lighter Stars. Yet you keep claiming it's more stable than a bunch of drivers that are rated more overstable than the Tern, and clearly are.

You love your Terns, said you have a crush for OS duty...so why do you keep buying every new driver that comes out? And then proceed to trash it on DG boards when compared to the Tern? This is the "misinformation" I'm talking about and it's a disservice to others. Knock it off already.
None of the above is even close to true other than I do carry those discs. I'll say it one more time. You can't talk about stability of a "Tern". It's not one disc. The Star is faily understable. Pretty true to the -4 2 numbers. Most people agree on that. The Champion is not understable. It's not -2 2 as labled. Remember, the champ was never listed as -4 2. pretty much everyone but you says it's more stable than expected. The GStar? Not totally sure on it yet, but for now it's in between as advertised.

I buy discs because I like to.

This is the second time you've claimed that I have trashed a driver. I have not done that, and if you can't see it, then I can't help you. There has been no misinformation provided in these threads other than the outright lies you have said about me and my words. Search "way" and my handle. I never said any dfisc was way understable. I said Renegades(all) are more understable than Champion Terns. That's it-end of discussion. I apologize if my communication skills do not mess with a high functioning retard like yourself. :lol:

PMantle said:
Just posted by another somewhere else:

The sorcerer is much less stable than the numbers in VIP as well. Id say closer to a -2, 2.

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Look at the reviews for the Sorcerer on "InfiniteDiscs". Outside of 1 guy, they're all saying Sorcerer is straight with fade.

As to your other comments, all I can say is Wow! Breakdown in your arguments results in name calling, several times. Congrats!

And yes, you did describe the Renegade as way more understable than the champ Tern. Here's a direct quote from page 8 of this thread:

PMantle: "My Renegades are way more understable than my Champ Terns."

The more you go on, the less sense you make here.

Adios!

PMantle said:
Just posted by another somewhere else:

The sorcerer is much less stable than the numbers in VIP as well. Id say closer to a -2, 2.

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Just posted by another "somewhere else"? Gee, really? Let me guess, your own fabricated quote.

Stop it now PMantle, and go take a nap or something.