• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova's Tsunami?...

mike

* Ace Member *
So im a fanboy of the tsunami but am looking for its Innova comparable disc...

Tsunami Thrown Hard Goes straight and holds a hyzer line forever...

I also love throw low and hard expecting and getting the rainbow-flared skip...

Hit me up with any and all thoughts!

i vote for c-pd. i don't think an sl will give you the skip when you need it.

i don't know if the firebird-l is in regular production anymore.

problem is, cpd will give the skip but it wont hold straight for as long as the tsunami, kinda why i didnt suggest it. a spd might fit the bill .

a broken in cpd would be a close match but i was considering out the box and no seasoning required

An old fashioned Firebird is a pretty close match. An SL is way longer but way more flippy.

I'm thinking pd and a max. They may fit the bill.

Thoughts on the max.

how about a tsunami? You sponsored by Innova? no? then throw the DGA disc.

I have some max protos I usta throw from the golden state classic. LikE 06 or 07

discgolfcenter say Teerex what you lookeen fo

...and that's not a very accurate suggestion. The Tsunami is quite a bit slower and easier to throw than the Teerex. The PD suggestions are good...I was a big Tsunami thrower at one point and now I use PDs in their place for most the same shots. Another good suggestion is the Star Monster-L...That may be as close as you can get, especially with a little deflashing/seasoning.

...and that's not a very accurate suggestion. The Tsunami is quite a bit slower and easier to throw than the Teerex. The PD suggestions are good...I was a big Tsunami thrower at one point and now I use PDs in their place for most the same shots. Another good suggestion is the Star Monster-L...That may be as close as you can get, especially with a little deflashing/seasoning.

then again, I don't throw hardly any innova. good catch.

well...after the current advise....heres what imma grab to field test...

172 Proto Max
171 DGR CPD
173 DGR SPD
some 11x firebirds
169 ce fx
pearly monster-l

172 Proto Max
171 DGR CPD
173 DGR SPD
some 11x firebirds
169 ce fx
pearly monster-l

Totally forgot bout the monsta, that was my workhorse back in '06. Sheesh!

Firebird will cover the tsunami slot. Will need to work em in.

I used to throw star fl's and now the the tsunami. very similar flghts. the champ starfire is also very close.

A max is pretty darn hard to throw straight for me. Tsunami flies more like a firebird for me where thrown into a wind or thrown with a lot of power will fly straight.

172 Proto Max
171 DGR CPD
173 DGR SPD
some 11x firebirds
169 ce fx
pearly monster-l

The current Star Monsters are the L mold, the pearly champ proline Monsters(if that's what you are testing) are the original mold. They don't fly that different, but the Stars are much cheaper and easy to get. In general the old ones turn and fade more where the Stars are a bit straighter overall (like a slightly faster FL, which also describes the Tsunami).

Latest posts