• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, IMO what we're going to see is team Prodigy pushing the whip, and creating the "legit" pro tour by showing up at the same tourney most weeks, like I was saying.

Trickle down effect:

If where Team Prodigy (or teams like them) determines where the "real event" is each week, then if I was an event director I should take this into account and position my event to best meet their needs. Maybe jockey to get my event to a weekend that makes sense geographically (de facto alignment of the tour smartly by event director self action). Same as always, but now theres some more organized "lumps" of players - makes it easier to arrange than trying to snake off one "pro" that wants to be the only pro as a tasty payout lock. Or counter argument is that they may split ways to cover more ground, allowing each to work their own sales commission better in each town. (depends if they feel that prominence and group member performance trumps plastic sales, or the other way around)

Team DD is also really smartly positioned, with event savy and skills in this area, I'd expect more event change emphasis from them at this point than from Prodigy.

None of this makes it cushy or less competitive, but a little breathing room if some base pay allows cooperatively. An No, it's not a pro disc golfer union or anything, but maybe a little less dog eat dog at all expense.

However, I'd be pretty sure they'll all be traveling with wheels on pavement, but at some point in time, with the right pressures coming out of this, maybe they'll be driving a little less further each week. (though that won't be seen in 2013 too much I'd bet)

Trickle down effect:

If where Team Prodigy (or teams like them) determines where the "real event" is each week, then if I was an event director I should take this into account and position my event to best meet their needs. Maybe jockey to get my event to a weekend that makes sense geographically (de facto alignment of the tour smartly by event director self action). Same as always, but now theres some more organized "lumps" of players - makes it easier to arrange than trying to snake off one "pro" that wants to be the only pro as a tasty payout lock. Or counter argument is that they may split ways to cover more ground, allowing each to work their own sales commission better in each town. (depends if they feel that prominence and group member performance trumps plastic sales, or the other way around)

Team DD is also really smartly positioned, with event savy and skills in this area, I'd expect more event change emphasis from them at this point than from Prodigy.

None of this makes it cushy or less competitive, but a little breathing room if some base pay allows cooperatively. An No, it's not a pro disc golfer union or anything, but maybe a little less dog eat dog at all expense.

However, I'd be pretty sure they'll all be traveling with wheels on pavement, but at some point in time, with the right pressures coming out of this, maybe they'll be driving a little less further each week. (though that won't be seen in 2013 too much I'd bet)
good point! how does this affect TD's in getting players to play in their events?
Is prodigy gonna spit their team to go play in event A or event B?
I'm not too knowledgeable about that sort of things but maybe a TD can chime in on this.

Players go where the money is. Raise a lot of cash added to the pro purse, Team Prodigy will be there. No real change there.

I reeaally doubt Kelly is going to be flying these guys around non-stop as their personal pilot, though for some events it might not be out of the question. I could see Flyboy being either some financial backing, or a good 'main base' type of thing where they gather/run tournaments.

I agree that he won't be flying them to every event, but let's look at the schedule real quick.

A perfect example of where a team pilot will come in handy: NT event Masters Cup in Santa Cruz on 4/26-28 followed by the NT at the IDGC the next weekend. That's the kind of situation where I can see Kelly flying these guys.

i still want to know where the money's coming from.
base salary x 11 pros plus incentives, travel expenses. disc manufacturing..etc
that's a lot for the owners to finance themselves with disc sales and personnal savings IMO.
there has to be a BIG sponsor somewhere in the woodwork.

From Will Schusterick on Facebook:
"We will be throwing a mixed bag until our full line comes out. Our full line will be out by the middle of the year. Thanks for all the questions"

Just remember prodigy has me. I am the secret weapon. Not that I am associated with them in any way, just that I will support them til my last breath :|.

Connor Jones- 6'5"-6'9" with the afro.
Secret weapon for Team Prodigy.
33-58609-Y.jpg

I'm wondering if the tradeoff for the salary is Prodigy gets their winnings over entry fees? That would make some sense sort of like a salesman getting a base plus commission.

I'm wondering if the tradeoff for the salary is Prodigy gets their winnings over entry fees? That would make some sense sort of like a salesman getting a base plus commission.

$1000 a month is not worth forfeiting winnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts