• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

Testers will be notified when discs go out. We are really trying to accomplish a level of QC that hasn't been attempted before so it has taken a bit longer than expected. In the mean time look for an official announcement in roughly a week.

If a tester would like to get rid of one of these, please shoot me a pm.

i have been communicating with Chris guys and I can tell you, this disc will not be anything like you have thrown before. trust me on this, but that's all I can say as of right now

i have been communicating with Chris guys and I can tell you, this disc will not be anything like you have thrown before. trust me on this, but that's all I can say as of right now

That's a bold a statement and has me really intrigued. I am hoping that I get my tester soon, I have some good throwing time coming up in the next few weeks.

I hope you're right. I wish I could get a tester but I don't feel like pestering anyone and I know I am already late to the party as the 1,000th person who has wished to be a tester of a new disc entering the market.

I will snag one up when they go into production I suppose.

I remember someone saying "they need to start making drivers in a wider diameter to break the current limits", or something to that effect. I'm glad to see someone else thought so too. I'll be eagerly awaiting the release to see if that theory is correct. :thmbup:

This company intrigues me.. Much more then Prodigy.. Let's hope they can end up in the bag next to MVP and Discraft!

That's a bold a statement and has me really intrigued. I am hoping that I get my tester soon, I have some good throwing time coming up in the next few weeks.

You are right, it is a bold statement which is why i want to clarify, Chris didnt claim this. I am so if you wanna give me heat for this statement go ahead but the disc will speak for itself and right now it is its own category of driver

You are right, it is a bold statement which is why i want to clarify, Chris didnt claim this. I am so if you wanna give me heat for this statement go ahead but the disc will speak for itself and right now it is its own category of driver

Speed 1 driver? :D haha.

Cool news!!

I really do hope it lives up to that statement. I am finding that with each passing round I am throwing warp speed drivers less and less. I have hit a plateau of 400 feet, one that I have been stuck on for years. Ultimately that is fine with me because I play only a handful of courses with holes greater than 350, and even then there are only two where big drives really make a scoring difference.

In the last two years I have gone through Bosses, Destroyers, Nukes, Swords, Kings, Valkyries, Hurricanes, and now Trespasses. The results are almost always the same; 380-410 and fairly accurate. I have been going through all these drivers in hopes that if one fits in my hand better, I can get better snap, and thus maybe squeeze out a little more distance while increasing my accuracy even more. What makes me tired of wide rimmed drivers is that I can get a thinner rimmed driver like a TeeBird to 360-390 even more accurately and consistently.

The only reason I am sticking with the Trespass is because it is 2.1cm wide versus the 2.5cm of most of the other drivers I had thrown. This 0.4cm less has impacted my throws, making it a touch easier to generate more snap. I can snap thin rimmed drivers, but apparently my 37 year old wrist no longer gets that hit with the wider rimmed stuff. Regardless whether I am actually getting that hit or not with the Trespass, I have been getting more drives out to 400-420 and more consistently.

Now,if this new disc is back up to that 2.5cm range but definitely lives up to that bold statement, I think I am going to enjoy throwing it, especially if it breaks me through that plateau.

Prometheus is coming......so far testing has been successful. I can't give away much more than that because we can't rate Prometheus in typical flight chart standards (i.e. speed, glide, hss, fade) because there has not been a disc like this made yet and typical flight charts don't accurately describe these discs...More to come on this soon as to why this is the case.

I don't want to give away too much but it's very hard to describe a disc that you have nothing to compare to it. It's been remarkable to see the flight on our first run of test discs and now waiting for the second batch in a different array of weights.

I mean... really, he did claim that, right?

Prometheus was not designed to be a pure distance driver.

This just helps explain it.

Prometheus was not designed to be a pure distance driver.

I'm so confused! I thought it was extra wide, thus was designed to go really far. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what this is all about. Would love to be a tester, but I think that ship has sailed. I'll just be patiently waiting...:popcorn:

I'm so confused! I thought it was extra wide, thus was designed to go really far. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what this is all about. Would love to be a tester, but I think that ship has sailed. I'll just be patiently waiting...:popcorn:

I thought this at first too, but as i was filled in, it does something soooo much better than pure distance

Ok look, I'm actually looking forward to trying out this disc because it sounds interesting. However, the game changing/hype comments need to stop. Everyone says their disc is the next big thing and is going to shake up the industry. If this disc is really all that, let it speak for itself. Building hype only creates dissapointment in the end if people's expectations aren't met. Bluebells is right, you are pushing it and constant hype/talking too much is going to turn people off. We've heard it all before. I know you're excited but take a deep breath, calm down and let the disc do the talking once it arrives.

Latest posts