• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

Onemilemore, what specifics would you like to see in a video? I will have the guys put one together here in the near future.

I'd like to see the disc being thrown by a range of power levels to see how it behaves for a wide spectrum of players. No offense to Mike C, but we all don't have cannon arms, and I would like to see if the control and lack of fade translate to lower-powered players.

If this is a disc that can be used for both distance and control by a wide range of players, it will be insanely popular.

Onemore is right, videos would probably help quite a bit in terms of convincing players on the true characteristics and flight of this disc. It probably would result in more guaranteed sales as opposed to just having the description on the website, which could definitely still leave people on edge.

LOL.

consistent.jpg

I'd like to see the disc being thrown by a range of power levels to see how it behaves for a wide spectrum of players. No offense to Mike C, but we all don't have cannon arms, and I would like to see if the control and lack of fade translate to lower-powered players.

If this is a disc that can be used for both distance and control by a wide range of players, it will be insanely popular.

Thats exactly what my video will be I have about 6 guys who are going to test the disc with me and you will see a wide spectrum of skills styles power and form.

Thats exactly what my video will be I have about 6 guys who are going to test the disc with me and you will see a wide spectrum of skills styles power and form.

I would definitely watch your video as there would probably be less bias present but it would also be cool to see it from the company itself.

Which ISO registrar did Salient Discs use for certification?

I'm planning on getting some tests in locally with some of the big arms, and new players, to see a good spread of skill levels and arm strength.

I would definitely watch your video as there would probably be less bias present but it would also be cool to see it from the company itself.

I will link it in this thread and I will most likely type up a review as well. Just waiting on that tester :D Hopefully it comes around the 25th so ill be back in town and i can take it to the tourney im playing (obviously to show other not to play with if its not approved)

AME technology
AME™ Technology -"Angular Momentum Expansion"

Angular Momentum (L) is a body's resistance to changes in it's orientation and rotation.

L=MxVxR (Angular Momentum=Mass x Velocity x Radius)

By extending the radius of our AME™ discs we increase the angular momentum allowing our discs to resist changes in orientation and rate of rotation. This allows our AME™ discs to hold a line longer, fade out softer and help lower your scores.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

*rushes to TM office for Angular Momentum Contraction*

Last edited:
Seriously, that's the big technological achievement of SD? Your discs have a large diameter and that's it?

Lots of big claims in this thread for such a weak reveal.

Not everything has to be a failure before it's been given a chance to launch. I say we all pump the brakes and see how they fly, then judge.

I'm just laughing at the nomenclature.

I think they have some good ideas...They are trying to make some discs that are a bit outside of convention. I have always thought there was much more to be explored when it came to larger diameters. We have already been seeing this to a small degree with the Westside drivers being a bit larger (some Lat and probably now DD as well) in diameter. I like these discs a lot, so I'm curious to see where this goes.

Marketing is the easiest thing in the world to make fun of...but if you do make fun of it, it may well result in you wanting to buy/throw one.

Not everything has to be a failure before it's been given a chance to launch. I say we all pump the brakes and see how they fly, then judge.

I'm interested in this claim that the wide rim doesn't feel wide. ??

Are you testing?

With the discs being a wider diameter, will they fit properly in the current disc golf bags on the market? I see where this is going...

Latest posts