• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

This new disc looks really exciting and I plan on ordering one to test it out. Do you guys have any ratings or statistics on the disc yet? Sorry if this has been asked already but I am just getting here around page 59 of 62

I was also wondering if you guys were looking for illustrators/graphic designers for logos and branding at the moment. I could message you my website and work if you are.

Kirk, the disc description is described on the website and we are currently working on a new flight ratings system for our disc line. The flight is relatively stable/neutral with more glide than any other driver in its class.

Kirk, the disc description is described on the website and we are currently working on a new flight ratings system for our disc line. The flight is relatively stable/neutral with more glide than any other driver in its class.

I take this as saying it's the Comet of drivers. Does this sound accurate? If so, I can't wait for this bad boy.

I take this as saying it's the Comet of drivers. Does this sound accurate? If so, I can't wait for this bad boy.

The guys at Salient have used that term so I would say that is accurate. It has more stability than say a comet and is more forgiving but the flight is similar in terms of line.

I broke down and ordered one today. :p ;) I couldn't help myself.. I'm a sucker for novelty, and a wide-diameter high-speed driver is an intriguing idea, even if it doesn't ultimately pan out. ;)

....has anyone actually thrown one of these?

None of this sounds like it can actually be done.

I broke down and ordered one today. :p ;) I couldn't help myself.. I'm a sucker for novelty, and a wide-diameter high-speed driver is an intriguing idea, even if it doesn't ultimately pan out. ;)

it's not a novelty item. It was designed to fill a slot in a players bag. The midranges being released after the drivers are going to be sweet!!

it's not a novelty item. It was designed to fill a slot in a players bag. The midranges being released after the drivers are going to be sweet!!

I wasn't trying to suggest that it was a 'novelty item'. I was saying it was 'novel', as in:

nov·el·ty
/ˈnävəltē/
Noun

The quality of being new, original, or unusual.
A new or unfamiliar thing or experience.

In short, it is something fundamentally different than what all other existing companies are producing. For better or for worse. That's novel, and that interests me. :)

I wasn't trying to suggest that it was a 'novelty item'. I was saying it was 'novel', as in:

nov·el·ty
/ˈnävəltē/
Noun

The quality of being new, original, or unusual.
A new or unfamiliar thing or experience.

In short, it is something fundamentally different than what all other existing companies are producing. For better or for worse. That's novel, and that interests me. :)

Very good point made. I didnt take it as a negative, just wanted to make it known that it is something different but useful, which is what you meant anyway lol

I have one of these ordered, Chris. I can't wait to give your company's plastic a try! I hope everything goes well and that this business venture proves to be very profitable. I am really looking forward to your shoe and will be in the bag market for a backpack style bag before long, so you're going to make that decision more difficult for me.

I have one of these ordered, Chris. I can't wait to give your company's plastic a try! I hope everything goes well and that this business venture proves to be very profitable. I am really looking forward to your shoe and will be in the bag market for a backpack style bag before long, so you're going to make that decision more difficult for me.

Thanks for the support as I am only one piece of the puzzle, the guys thank you for the support. The shoes will be a great addition to our disc line up as well as our new bag.

Our focus is to become all inclusive and to be the one stop shop for your disc golf needs.

The next 6 months should be great and we are running low on Prometheus 1st run discs available so I urge everyone to get there orders in via the website or contact us at [email protected] and our office manager will reply back within an hour. I you do not receive a reply your email was sent to the wrong address.

I will announce shipping via the website and forums when all the discs are run. We are completing a very large run instead of multiple smaller runs which helps cut down on variations, we also have our robotic arm test fly discs which adds time before we ship. Any variations in flight from a run of discs is automatically a factory second.

Will the factory seconds be remolded/recycled or for sale at discount?

I will announce shipping via the website and forums when all the discs are run. We are completing a very large run instead of multiple smaller runs which helps cut down on variations, we also have our robotic arm test fly discs which adds time before we ship. Any variations in flight from a run of discs is automatically a factory second.

Factory Seconds from the top companies are cosmetic. Yours are based on flight?

we also have our robotic arm test fly discs which adds time before we ship. Any variations in flight from a run of discs is automatically a factory second.
That's pretty sweet. You should keep track of the characteristics of each run on your website and mark/stamp each disc with a run number so people know exactly what they're getting.

That's pretty sweet. You should keep track of the characteristics of each run on your website and mark/stamp each disc with a run number so people know exactly what they're getting.

That's what we have planned. All first runs will come with a gold foil an first run stamp.