• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

I do like the idea. This is one of the few new products to pique my interest. Prodigy, DD, UB, not really, just regular golf discs that I can't throw properly anyway. The Atlas, meh, maybe if it feels really nice.

But a wide diameter disc that's fast? That sounds intriguing. I LOOOVE comets, and enjoy throwing zephyrs and ocassionally a condor. Very curious to try one out.

Guys I believe the rim doesnt feel as large because it is not as thick it has the same mass as a large rim but it is stretched over the larger diameter.

they are for sale on the site now. $20 for 1 free shipping, price is cheaper as you buy more (5, 10, 15, 25, 50).

Just went to the site and it's hard to believe they're offering direct single disc purchases. It's great, but I would think that it'd be logistically difficult.

Good luck Salient.

Just went to the site and it's hard to believe they're offering direct single disc purchases. It's great, but I would think that it'd be logistically difficult.

Good luck Salient.

a little more work for a lot more money. salient's cutting out the middle man!

my thoughts...

So I can see a driver having a thick rim and not feeling so thick in the hand because it has a larger radius. You've got less arc in your hand. Also a larger diameter is going to have a bigger difference in relative airspeed between the outside and inside wing. More lift on the outside wing means more turn. The shape of the mold, the phase of the moon, what Mike C had for breakfast, it's all a balancing act. Just let me throw it and I'll let you know how bad you failed. Really looking forward to this one.

Good luck Salient.

For a limited period of time during our initial launch we will be offering single disc and small quantity purchases. The reason behind this decision is we want players to have a shot at our product, however many retailers have reservations about carrying a product from a new company especially early on. Therefore to gather momentum and get our product in players hands we decided to sell some discs individually.

We do offer a very competitive tier 1 and tier 2 pricing option for retailers which we hope will support Salient-Discs in the future as we have more molds being released in the next few months.

Hillary

So I can see a driver having a thick rim and not feeling so thick in the hand because it has a larger radius. You've got less arc in your hand. Also a larger diameter is going to have a bigger difference in relative airspeed between the outside and inside wing. More lift on the outside wing means more turn. The shape of the mold, the phase of the moon, what Mike C had for breakfast, it's all a balancing act. Just let me throw it and I'll let you know how bad you failed. Really looking forward to this one.

Savage that is exactly right. The larger the radius the smaller it feels in your hand. An example is that a 2.5 cm rim or larger which is usually considered a speed 13-14 disc will now feel more like a speed 10-11 in your hand which will give players who can't throw high speed drivers due to grip/speed a chance to throw one now.

We have had some retailers commit already and we are always looking for more. Single disc purchases are available on the store now until we run out or we have reached our quota with our wholesalers/resellers.

Precisely. Color for the first run is red and may possibly vary, as for weights they will all be around the 170-175 weight. As we expand we will have more options and choice of weights, however at this point we are making things as simple as possible to help reach the high level of quality and consistency we are trying to achieve.

This new disc looks really exciting and I plan on ordering one to test it out. Do you guys have any ratings or statistics on the disc yet? Sorry if this has been asked already but I am just getting here around page 59 of 62

I was also wondering if you guys were looking for illustrators/graphic designers for logos and branding at the moment. I could message you my website and work if you are.