• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

So is this an official release or is it still just an attempt to release it on next week?

In addition to the email, I have a word of mouth update from Chris.

Pictures of the Grey and Lime green and Black and grey Catalyst will be sent in the next few weeks. This is really important. PRE ORDER PRICING ON THE CATALYST WITH FREE SHIPPING ENDS AUGUST 30TH AND FROM THERE SHIPPING WILL COST AN EXTRA 15 TO 20$. The Catalyst will be ready around the middle of October with all 3 colors available. The first Salient Mid Range will be ready around this time as well. Testers of the Prometheus will have their discs shipped by this Friday!. PDGA approval has been continued for the prometheus and should be available for tournament use in roughly 15 business days. The SD Spec 1 Shoe is ready to too, however to really show the function and ability of these shoes, we are waiting until Winter to release them. No further updates at this time

I just received an email from Salient this morning:

Dear Salient-Discs supporter,

The technology we used will be named at a later date....

How about, Enhanced Plastic Reduction (EPR)? Or, Tactical Mass Decrease (TMD)?

Um so what happened to the whole not being able to be measured by conventional means?

Um so what happened to the whole not being able to be measured by conventional means?

This is inbounds description. the flight path can be described, but I think what Chris was going for is the way it actually looks when it flies can't be described, which makes sense the way he attempts to describe it

Please tell me more....

Chris describes the prometheus as a wide rimmed, wide diameter driver. He says it has a high out of hand speed. When the glide kicks it, he says it has the high glide of a fairway driver and the fade of a stable mid range such as a buzz or truth. He also says it wasn't meant for distance, it was meant for control, but his distance drives were consistently 40 ft longer than his go to drivers during the testing. We won't know if all this is true until we start throwing it, but it sounds like a disc almost anyone can throw even though its such a big disc.

This is inbounds description. the flight path can be described, but I think what Chris was going for is the way it actually looks when it flies can't be described, which makes sense the way he attempts to describe it

This is the initial flight chart based on the limited data that we currently have. Like all other discs in the inFlight Guide, the flight path is organic and a never-ending work in process. As additional flight data becomes available, there is the possibility that the flight path may change.

yes, as a tester, I should have my discs tomorrow or wednesday. the tester discs shipped on Friday

So only tester discs are en route? Or will the first runs be shipped this week too? Sorry, a bit confused because I would think tester discs are out a few weeks before first runs. Thanks.

So only tester discs are en route? Or will the first runs be shipped this week too? Sorry, a bit confused because I would think tester discs are out a few weeks before first runs. Thanks.

This run of testers shipped out just before the pre orders and vendor orders. Those will be shipping this week to everyone, but testers will have theirs in a couple days

I have been through this before when I pre ordered my contender from physical flight so if it goes like that then they won't ship this week...

THEY'RE HERE AND PDGA APPROVED!!!!
2zg6drc.jpg