• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is brand loyalty stupid?

What do you think about brand loyalty

• I like it and will only use discs from one company

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • I think it's stupid and will use whatever disc I want

Votes: 207 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have discs from different manufacturers but my bag consists of 100% Trilogy right now. Mostly due to the feel of the plastic and the fact that I live in Sweden and I like the idea of supporting a company that produces "around the corner".

Blind loyalty is foolish. Blind being of the mentality that unless a disc is made by company X, it's a horrible disc that isn't worth looking at, let alone throwing. That's closing oneself off to perhaps finding a disc that fits your particular game perfectly just because it isn't made by your brand.

That's not to say you must have a mixed bag to succeed. If a one company bag happens to suit you, more power to you. But at least keep an open mind about other manufacturers. If not that, then perhaps simple indifference about them.

After all, it is possible to be a loyal user and supporter of Manufacturer X without having to disparage or speak negatively about Manufacturers B, C, F, and Z.

At least 6 different makers in my bag. Some discs which many cherish just don't throw for me [Leopard, Roc, Avenger], but otherwise, I'm a fool for anything. Once.

Now, Prodigy? "I've tried their discs, they don't work for me, they suck." :D

At least 6 different makers in my bag. Some discs which many cherish just don't throw for me [Leopard, Roc, Avenger], but otherwise, I'm a fool for anything. Once.

Now, Prodigy? "I've tried their discs, they don't work for me, they suck." :D

Ha,ha, cute.

I slowly made a switch over to all MVP, not because of some blind loyalty, but because they work the best for me. Take the four new distance drivers they released this year, they are billed as US; slightly US; slightly OS; OS. Having thrown them all, I can say that, for me, they all fly exactly as stated. By keeping all four in my bag, I have all my long distance needs covered. Their fairway drivers have a similar feel for me so I bag them as well. So, slowly, I transitioned over to an all MVP/Axiom bag.

Not stupid but maybe misguided. There is no benefit to a one company bag unless they are paying you for it. Lots more options out there nowadays makes it kind of silly for 99% of disc golfers to go with a single company.

I throw a mix. I brands I have the most of is Discraft and Innova. If I could start over today I would stick with one brand as the lines are so complete these days I think there would be less potential overlap. examples

I have Wraiths, Surges and PD's (same things more or less)

I have Firebirds, XXX and Repers. (same things more or less)

not all in the bag at once, mind you. When I go to my local spots I know what I will need and start with the big needs and work around that.

Example, I do not take my oop Reapers to risky disc eating parks.

Actually the PD is a good bit slower than the Wraith/Surge which is essentially the same disc. I believe Discraft basically cloned a Wraith and called it the Surge. I carry Wraiths and PD's and my Wraiths go about 20-30 further than my PD's.

It has been said before and I will say it again, the flight ratings system of Innova is one reason the beginners try more Innova discs, at least compared to Discraft. While we all know these ratings are not perfect, they at least provide some frame of reference when deciding which new discs to try. And of course it is silly to not throw a mixed bag if you can- while most molds from different companies are very similar, there are certain discs, in my case the Zone, which don't have a good enough twin (at least from Innova).

Throw I only Yikun DiscGolf, it number 1 super fun time disc for people of disc golf!

You sound like you're trying to be a Japanese commercial, but Yikun is Chinese.

If you're going to be racially insensitive, at least get the race right.

Such a typical white guy response. :|

Latest posts