• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it so wrong?

you've never been to Oshtemo..

it's rare to find that situation though... unless you are at Oshtemo on a nice day.

yeah

I still can't get this twosome not asking if they can play through though... I've never not asked or been asked depending on which side I was on... I've never been told no and I've never said no... This has never happened on a very backed up course though... I'd have said no, we're all backed up here... or join up with us if you want... that sorta thing.

still, passive aggressive folks get nothing. I can't see why anyone would stand up for that behavior... down with the passive aggressive! they suck

Shouldn't the twosome be allowed to play through if they are clearly going at a faster pace than the other 14 groups in this unlikely scenario?

If 14 of 18 tees have groups on them, how can anyone play faster, unless EVERYONE on the course stands still and lets them play through? At the very least it adds 5 minutes to our group's round. Why should we pay the price of someone's inability to budget their own time effectively?
This is right up there with '...because we have kids, we should go first/we're more important than you".

Stupid time limit :rolleyes:

We always let faster groups play through when the course isn't crowded.
On the other hand, we've been just about to tee off on #1 at Pier, the course is packed, and 20 others are waiting to start, and had two come up and ask if they could start ahead of us, because "otherwise we won't have time to play". I told 'em "Your problem, not ours", they stomped off in a huff, and I got 20 high-fives.

If 14 of 18 tees have groups on them, how can anyone play faster, unless EVERYONE on the course stands still and lets them play through? At the very least it adds 5 minutes to our group's round. Why should we pay the price of someone's inability to budget their own time effectively?
This is right up there with '...because we have kids, we should go first/we're more important than you".

Huuuuuh?

Who said anything about the value of a person's time?

The ball golf etiquette that has been transferred to DG is to allow faster groups to play through.

If there are 14 slow groups, it might make sense to let the two go through. If the course is a disaster, then maybe not.

If I'm by myself, I can play through a large group fairly quickly. It would barely add any time to their round.

On the other hand, we've been just about to tee off on #1 at Pier, the course is packed, and 20 others are waiting to start, and had two come up and ask if they could start ahead of us, because "otherwise we won't have time to play". I told 'em "Your problem, not ours", they stomped off in a huff, and I got 20 high-fives.

We've already added the exception for crowded courses.

Congrats on all those sweet high-fives

The amount of time it takes a faster group to play through in Disc Golf, I can't envision why you ever wouldn't.

If you all throw from the tee, and let the faster group finish up before you, you're probably talking less than a minute most of the time.

Huuuuuh?

Who said anything about the value of a person's time?

The ball golf etiquette that has been transferred to DG is to allow faster groups to play through.

If there are 14 slow groups, it might make sense to let the two go through. If the course is a disaster, then maybe not.

If I'm by myself, I can play through a large group fairly quickly. It would barely add any time to their round.

We've already added the exception for crowded courses.

Congrats on all those sweet high-fives

I said something about the value of a person's time.
14 groups on a course aren't necessarily slow. It is, however, already crowded.
If the course isn't crowded, letting faster groups play through works fine, as I mentioned above. I've been on both sides of that.
Thanks for the sarcasm.

The first time I visited Portland, I wanted to play Pier because I'd heard good things about it. It was dumping rain in early November, and even then the course was packed with groups on every hole. Unreal. Great course, but I almost never play it when I'm in the area due to how crowded it gets.

I let people play through so they have an opportunity to keep doing so. Even if the course is crowded a twosome can hustle through and most groups will let them pass.

Watching a group of six putt multiple times for god knows what reason while I stand at the teebox watching is soul crushing.

I'm getting frustrated just reading this. Herds of noob brosephs clog up a course like nothing else.

The amount of time it takes a faster group to play through in Disc Golf, I can't envision why you ever wouldn't.

If you all throw from the tee, and let the faster group finish up before you, you're probably talking less than a minute most of the time.

Yeah the lack of common sense and course entitlement seems pretty off here.

Do people not realize in any other situation in life when it comes to waiting the bigger/slower groups get screwed?

I hate the 6er of bros who wont let me drive to the basket and drop in while i run up to my drive and they prolly wont even reach me with upshots.

Rarely happens here tho bc most people get it. Even those just out for the day vs someone who has to work etc. We communicate on the teepads well in MN and only ever had 1 issue at blue ribbon which those dorks stormed off mad anyway after a few holes of slow play behind them.

If anyone catches up to me and my group on the course I always ask them if they want to join us or play through. If I notice a group playing faster than mine but hasn't quite caught up, I will wait a few minutes at the next hole to see if they'd like to join or play through.

I've seen a single person to a few people play through my group and then go on to play through several groups ahead of me. I don't like holding people up on the course and if there's a ton of people out there, you might as well let them catch up. Maybe they'll just want to hang out and you can make some more discs golf buddies!

Watching a group of six putt multiple times for god knows what reason while I stand at the teebox watching is soul crushing.

I'm getting frustrated just reading this. Herds of noob brosephs clog up a course like nothing else.

The worst is that group of 6 that only have one disc each, putting with that high speed driver and none can make a putt from outside of 10 feet, but read the course rule board and insist they have to hole out.

Group of six
All grooves and bosses
Two dogs
Baby stroller

My worst nightmare

My personal favorite on my old home course happened to be when I would be playing a solo round, and a group of three (and for some reason, it was always three) would start on hole 10. Seems they would tee off as I was finishing up on Hole 9, and just as I was walking towards the tee they would take off like they were doing me a favor by clearing the pad.

Latest posts