• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this guy for real?

He must be the village idiot at Expert Village.

Expert: Justin Lentz
Bio: Justin Lentz is a member of Disc Golf at the University of Colorado in Boulder. He has been playing and teaching disc golf for over ten years.
Filmmaker: Nili Nathan

Ten years? Is that like in Dog years?

So he is no more qualified than half of us here, yet he claims to be an expert (who calls the disc a frisbee and the basket a cage). ERicJ would be a better teacher. Let three putt teach a course in plastic appreciations.

He must be the village idiot at Expert Village.

You really think he is an expert? he has no idea what he is talking about. Next he will preach that heavier discs always go farther so get the heaviest thing you can buy.

I've seen some of the others at "Expert Village". The thing that stands out (to me) is the video subject claims to be an "expert" (just by making the video), yet they rarely seem confident. They try speaking off the top of their head when a script would definately benefit them. And the kicker is when they call a shot by some wierd name, seemingly just to use that verbage. "This next shot is called a SCOOBY".....or "This is how you hold a TAMA-CHOP"....

I've seen some of the others at "Expert Village". The thing that stands out (to me) is the video subject claims to be an "expert" (just by making the video), yet they rarely seem confident. They try speaking off the top of their head when a script would definately benefit them. And the kicker is when they call a shot by some wierd name, seemingly just to use that verbage. "This next shot is called a SCOOBY".....or "This is how you hold a TAMA-CHOP"....

I can make up words too. The guy should atleast stick to the approved terms discussed in the Phrases and Terms thread.

I've seen some of the others at "Expert Village". The thing that stands out (to me) is the video subject claims to be an "expert" (just by making the video), yet they rarely seem confident.

That's probably why they just changed their name. If you go to expertvillage.com you will get redirected to their new site which is something like ehow.com. It's basically a place for amatuer videographers to learn how to make an instructional video.

Last edited:
I like his overhand instructional video. I would embed it, but youtube doesn't work for me. I think it's similar to the backhand...he throws it, you hear it hit a tree, and he proceeds to praise himself on what an awesome throw he just had.

You all are holding out on me, why didn't you guys tell me about the basketball approach?

It's obvious that he's been watching me very closely to learn his driving form, but he didn't watch me putt.

At least someone's form is funnier than mine.

You all are holding out on me, why didn't you guys tell me about the basketball approach?

:clap: This made me giggle.

I almost feel like making some of my own expert village videos now. Just play completely horrible and make up shots and techniques that aren't viable. Play it off like I'm completely serious...

I'd do stuff like throw behind my back instead of taking a different stance when blocked by obstacles, all while swearing all the top pros do it too.

and of course I wouldn't forget to make sound effects during the entire thing.

I just watched it again. Trust me, I have thrown many T shots 30 or 40 feet in front of me into the ground. That is what he did. The disc leaves his hand going at a downward angle. Watch the release point and listen for skidding on concrete or leaves or both. The leaves might be on top of cement. He must be practicing making instructional videos in general and is eventually going to make one about something that he is actually knows a little about. He hesistutters(new word)" great shot" because he wasn't sure if he was supposed to say shot or toss or turn or throw because he has never played rounds "abroad" or with other golfers. Because he is a newbie. If I had to give him a nickname besides "coach", it would be "Home school."

Last edited:
Rage the cage broskis. Rage the motha f'n cage.

:clap: This made me giggle.

I almost feel like making some of my own expert village videos now. Just play completely horrible and make up shots and techniques that aren't viable. Play it off like I'm completely serious...

I'd do stuff like throw behind my back instead of taking a different stance when blocked by obstacles, all while swearing all the top pros do it too.

and of course I wouldn't forget to make sound effects during the entire thing.

YEa, do it. It would be one of the most popular threads ever. DGCR could do a whole series!

We need to come up with names that are eerily close to dirty sex names.

I'll do a video showcasing the technique for "The sloppy taco" shot.