• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jkalex's Bag

Jkalex

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: Seriously for 4 years; but I've been around the sport close to 10
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH,
Golf Distance for putter/mid/driver: Neutron Anode: 250' ; Axis/Tangent: 325'; Volt: 400'

Optional:
Sex: M
Specific areas of desired feedback: Really considering moving to more MVP. What positives and negatives would come with that? Also I'm missing a lot of overstable slots, should I stick with MVP for that or go with innova/latitude 64
Goals: More confidence in what to throw when especially regarding headwinds and tailwinds

Bag:

Drivers:
167 Champ Katana: Long open shots
169 Star Wraith: Drives for 400' or longer holes
174 Neutron Volt: Workhorse driver
173 Neutron Amp: Driver of choice with a tailwind
169 Eagle: Straight drives
150 Viper: Headwinds, Meathooks, etc. I've had this disc in the bag for close to 2 years and I think it's finally nearing the end of it's life. It has become to US and the fact that it's 150 doesn't help either.

Mids:
168 Neutron Axis: Workhorse mid
169 Neutron Tangent: Same as axis but with a touch more understability for right turns
175 DX Kite: This is a very fun disc and it has gotten me out of some sticky situations
170 Champ Roc3: Previous workhorse before I got my Axis. Probably phase this out soon once I get a more OS mid.

Putters:
170 Neutron Anode: Just about every single Putt is with this disc and am testing using it for drives and approaches
Upper 170 JK pro Aviar: Lots of approaches and short drives
180 DX Birdie: Don't use very much but when I have a long putt and I don't want to drop off a hill past the basket, I go with this.

Should I get more OS discs, and if so which ones? I really like the few MVP discs I have and I'm thinking about getting their stuff and moving more Innova stuff out.

Also, feel free to critique the current bag. Let me know what you think. Thank you guys!

I don't know MVP so I can't help you out there, but I find the Trident to be one of the best OS fairways out there. I use it for many shots every round.

You could also grab a giant/xcal/force for distance in the wind, and big skip shots.

I would look at an OS driver, if you like the Viper the Firebird/Stiletto/Flick or even Ape might so great for you.

How does a shock compare to a Firebird? I used to have a flat 12x Champ Firebird and I liked it quite a bit. Is a shock comparable in stability?

Now I may have to look into some latitude. I'll try a trident and resistor and see which one I prefer.

As far as mids go, how does a Tensor or Vector hold up to a Roc in terms of stability?

Alright went to Disc Nation yesterday and got some more stable discs and then played a couple games.

As I saw in a different thread, red is out, blue is in.

Drivers:
167 Champ Katana: Long open shots
169 Star Wraith: Drives for 400' or longer holes
173 Neutron Shock: OS Driver
174 Neutron Volt: Workhorse driver
173 Neutron Amp: Driver of choice with a tailwind

Fairway Drivers:
167 Neutron Resistor: Shorter drives with fade at the end, replaces Viper
169 Neutron Servo: Workhorse fairway, prefer it over the Eagle
169 Eagle: Straight drives
150 Viper: Headwinds, Meathooks, etc. I've had this disc in the bag for close to 2 years and I think it's finally nearing the end of it's life. It has become to US and the fact that it's 150 doesn't help either.

Mids:
173 Neutron Vector: OS and windy mid duties
168 Neutron Axis: Workhorse mid
169 Neutron Tangent: Same as axis but with a touch more understability for right turns
175 DX Kite: This is a very fun disc and it has gotten me out of some sticky situations
170 Champ Roc3: Previous workhorse before I got my Axis. Probably phase this out soon once I get a more OS mid.

Putters:
170 Neutron Anode: Just about every single Putt is with this disc and am testing using it for drives and approaches
Upper 170 JK pro Aviar: Lots of approaches and short drives
180 DX Birdie: Don't use very much but when I have a long putt and I don't want to drop off a hill past the basket, I go with this.