• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jussi Meresmaa - Backhanded blast

Those prodigy team members looked like the idiots who stormed the court after the Gophers beat #1 ranked Indiana. Meh, good win but a high five and cheer would have been more appropriate.

you were college age once, live a little they're just celebrating

I'm rooting for MJ and Discraft, but that's just me...

Look, I think the whole Prodigy thing has been as ridiculous as the next guy, but if we're gonna get upset about a team celebrating a victory (preliminary or otherwise), then it's gonna be a long season.

^^^ It's looking like 2013 might be a bad year for all the butt hurt Prodigy haters.

^^^ It's looking like 2013 might be a bad year for all the butt hurt Prodigy haters.

I dunno...one big Prodigy win so far, right? Another big one for Feldberg a week ago, and McBeth on a tear today. I think it's going to be pretty mixed up all year. Prodigy may always have someone in the mix, but that's a numbers game by default more than anything.

I'm ok with the team aspect Prodigy has shown so far. I think it's good for the sport. When has disc golf seen anything like it? I could be wrong but I think this is why it's rubbing people the wrong way. Obviously all these top pros were sold on something promising to lure them away from the big boys. It's a new venture and yes they're all throwing with different plastic mainly right now but just wait. I'm sure their line in the future will offer something you'd like to throw too. And then you can say your part of the team.....and form a giant cheer leader pyramid if you so choose.

I will say if the lineup is unsuccessful it won't really matter how much success the top pros have. Time will tell but someone convinced the best throwers in the world that it will succeed.

I didn't like all the cheering because they did it before the card was done putting out. He should have gotten his disc, let the others putt out, and then had their huge cheering. That is why the cheering was so awkward; the rest of the card had to finish the hole.

On second thought, maybe he should have made sure his scorecard was complete and then cheered with his team.

I didn't like all the cheering because they did it before the card was done putting out. He should have gotten his disc, let the others putt out, and then had their huge cheering. That is why the cheering was so awkward; the rest of the card had to finish the hole.

On second thought, maybe he should have made sure his scorecard was complete and then cheered with his team.

I totally agree but doesn't the card usually bow out to let the winner have the last putt? Two other Prodigy players by the way. But then again maybe they should have helped remind him to sign the card.

Crazy ending nonetheless.

Sure Prodigy has the majority of today's best players, but just wait, in a couple years the other manufacturers will have found new top pros to fill their gaps.

I am curious to see if Prodigy's experimental business model can work in disc golf :)popcorn:), but I'm skeptical about Prodigy's future hold on the top pros. Can they afford to continue to add business partners? Sounds a lot likes Nikko's cell phone company. :rolleyes:

I dunno...one big Prodigy win so far, right? Another big one for Feldberg a week ago, and McBeth on a tear today. I think it's going to be pretty mixed up all year. Prodigy may always have someone in the mix, but that's a numbers game by default more than anything.

Is that one big win Paige Pierce's?:) 11 throws better than her nearest competitor with 3 1000+ rated rounds, that is some solid disc golf.

Seriously? It's pretty customary for everyone to hole out before the winner drops the last putt, and that's what I saw.

I love all the people passing judgment and talking trash about what Will should've done. Let's see you win the Memorial next year and see how composed you are to hold off the best in the world breathing down your neck, especially with all your friends standing there waiting to congratulate you.

All this stupid hate needs to be toned down severely. Let's not talk about the amazing disc golf we got to watch or how well all the pros have adapted to their new discs. Instead, let's complain about the free stream, how this new team that was excited to have one of their members win celebrated the win, and how someone made a mistake.

Congratulations on the big round. I will not say Prodigy won anything till they have a full line up of discs. Their team isn't winning using exclusively their discs so the victory cannot be claimed fully for them.

/Prodigy rant

I think I have to agree with holding off on the "Prodigy" victory until they havea full lineup on the market. But it was a good win for Will.

That being said, I think he does lose a bit by making such a stupid mistake. It's something that everyone is very anal about, and being a pro, there should never be any issues with scorecard. Yes, ball golf pros sometimes have issues, but they also have a caddies double checking them. For Will not to check his card, and almost cost himself the event is a big deal. It's almost as if they put the team and just trying to make a name for themselves over playing golf the correct way. Celebrate and be happy, but do it when it's appropriate and out of the way of your competitors. I think it shows bad form. You don't see Tiger or Rory celebrating on the middle of the green when there are still putts to be made.

side note, anyone catch Greenwell's shaking of his head and face when the announcement was made? Had a total "stupid mistake, kid" look to it.

side note, anyone catch Greenwell's shaking of his head and face when the announcement was made? Had a total "stupid mistake, kid" look to it.

I noticed. Greenwell looked angry.

I noticed. Greenwell looked angry.

As well he should be. He helped form the company, and his big name guy just made them look kind of stupid.

Imagine Derek Jeter walking out to bat without his helmet on. Something so simple an you've done it thousands of times...

I think McBeth didn't wanna win on a technicality either: when has he ever taken the safe route on hole 1?

Can't have any more class than that, if that was the case.

I highly doubt he gave will the win by throwing safe, that's not what you do with $1100 on the line as a top pro. And that wouldn't be classy at all. I'd guess he learned will water disced that hole earlier and said, not gonna risk that here, take easy 3 and make him earn it.

I'm not a fan of prodigy and the way they've done it. I love that Will threw a FB on the playoff hole and not a prodigy. Cracks me up.

But I thought will was going to choke, coming down from the celebration was going to be tough. that was a he'll of a toss to win it. I thought he'd play it safer too, to get any nerves out.

Congratulations on the big round. I will not say Prodigy won anything till they have a full line up of discs. Their team isn't winning using exclusively their discs so the victory cannot be claimed fully for them.

/Prodigy rant

Because we all know that its the disc that gets u the low scores and not the person throwing (rolls eyes).

He is on "team prodigy", so i would say thats one win for "team prodigy"

Because we all know that its the disc that gets u the low scores and not the person throwing (rolls eyes).

He is on "team prodigy", so i would say thats one win for "team prodigy"

But is it really? They don't have anything to offer him to throw but 2 molds right now. He is still throwing many of his old discs...he threw a Firebird for crying out loud on the playoff hole.

If that doesn't say I trust disc A more then disc B what is?

It's a win for Will, he did throw amazingly well. Did he beat McBeth, yes. But did he let things get to his head and almost cost him that win? An even bigger yes.

Could you imagine what Team Prodigy would have done if Will had watered again? Or had missed his putt and lost the event?

I think alot of the ranting comes from the attitude now being shown by the team. Everybody was ready to support them, go get your money, get your recognition, and grow our sport. Now they are out there acting like they are the only golfers that matter in the world. Don't believe me, go check out the video that is posted to GG's facebook. You have GG who choked, Jerm who was non existent and Cam who I didn't even know was playing the event all dancing around waving the Prodigy name around. It just rubs people the wrong way. When Rob Gronkowski was seen out at a club after losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl dancing around like an idiot while clearly intoxicated, people got rubbed the wrong way. People who really value their sports want their athletes to act like they have been there before. Do emotions sometimes get the better of you, of course. But when it comes down to it, you should still act like you've done it before. Will's celebration at the USDGC was classy...why so obnoxious with this one, when moments earlier we all learned that you made a rookie mistake.