• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

Sounds like he was wanting a different putter because I don't think the berg has much commonality to the aviar in flight or feel.

Yup, not even close. Everything about this disc is different. Slower, way more fade, flight plate isn't flat, plastic is way different, feel in the hand is way different.

What may seem confusing with this disc, about the stability, is its very high resistance to turn. And at the same time not fading much, that is, if not thrown in high glidey lines or gentle throws, then the fade will kick in quickly because the disc isn't made for gliding. Some of the test throwers have actually talked about zero fade and helicopter landings. But that is when thrown with determination and in the angle you want it to go, not hyzer-flip (it won't respond at all to that due to the high speed stability).

Sweet to hear from the source! We may need an Ask Kastaplast sticky if they keep it up with intriguing discs. I am stoked to try a berg.

I literally bought them for use on one course (lake Stevens disc golf course in WA) because the baskets are very unique, take a peek at the pictures on this site to see what I mean.

Dolf Baskets! They had some unique ideas/designs.

This has a shallower rim than a Birdie and Polecat, right? The PDGA approved discs specs say:

Birdie: 1.9 cm
Polecat: 1.6 cm
Berg: 1.4 cm

If this is true, I'm definitely checking one of these out.

This has a shallower rim than a Birdie and Polecat, right? The PDGA approved discs specs say:

Birdie: 1.9 cm
Polecat: 1.6 cm
Berg: 1.4 cm

If this is true, I'm definitely checking one of these out.

I would agree that it is shallower than a Polecat, but it still feels as tall in the hand if that makes sense. The shoulder on the polecat seems thin to me, but with the Berg, it's tall and meaty.

A guy had one at league yesterday... I'd compare the flight to an Arrow from Aerobie, resistant to turn and fade. Very unique disc needless to say. Not a 'thumb track' as much as a rounded hip/wing with a sunken flight plate.

A guy had one at league yesterday... I'd compare the flight to an Arrow from Aerobie, resistant to turn and fade. Very unique disc needless to say. Not a 'thumb track' as much as a rounded hip/wing with a sunken flight plate.

I have no idea what you just said. Or what and arrow from aerobic is like... And now I'm even more interested :p

Please tell me the Berg has more glide than the arrow.

@iDiscGolf the Arrow is an anomomoly of a disc that pretty much flies the same rightside up and upside down.

Please tell me the Berg has more glide than the arrow.

@iDiscGolf the Arrow is an anomomoly of a disc that pretty much flies the same rightside up and upside down.
I've just thrown Arrow once, a long time ago, so can't say. More often the Berg has been compared to Rhyno or Pirahna. For those who like flight specs, All Things Disc Golf rated Berg 2/1/0/1 recently, compared to our own 1/1/0/2. Another reviewer, Discgolfarena, rated it 1/1/0/1.

So not a lot of glide from the Berg? That's kind of a bummer.
Yes, very little glide. At All Things Disc Golf I think they went through pretty well how that can be used to your advantage. But it's a matter of playing style. Doesn't suit everyone. Want glide, Berg is not that disc at all.

looking for a couple K2 Bergs in Turquoise... hit me up if anyone has a lead!

So not a lot of glide from the Berg? That's kind of a bummer.

It's a brick. I've thrown one around for awhile. Very fun, predictable disc, but certainly I'm not getting a lot of distance on it. Even though I can really mash on it without worrying of burning it, I just can't get it to go very far. If people like having a disc with the intent of approach, this is a great disc. You certainly won't be overshooting and the fade makes for an easy assessment of where to throw. I haven't decided if I'm going to bag it, but I could see it's utility for sure. For the record, I'm currently bagging the gummy k2, but I want to see if I like the stiffer K1 as well.

Also, for those not familiar with the company, the plastic of both the K1 and K2 are amazing. The K1 reminds me of the best feeling opto. Stiffer, but quite grippy. The K2 is gummy, but holds it's shape in your hand. Quite grippy. Like a thermoplastic elastomer. Great stuff really and truly.

It's a brick. I've thrown one around for awhile. Very fun, predictable disc, but certainly I'm not getting a lot of distance on it. Even though I can really mash on it without worrying of burning it, I just can't get it to go very far. If people like having a disc with the intent of approach, this is a great disc. You certainly won't be overshooting and the fade makes for an easy assessment of where to throw. I haven't decided if I'm going to bag it, but I could see it's utility for sure. For the record, I'm currently bagging the gummy k2, but I want to see if I like the stiffer K1 as well.

I pretty much agree with whitefedora. I just tested the Berg I got in a trade and it's the super flexy K2, it can pretty much fold in half but it's not as floppy like a gumbputt.

The one I got is OS for sure, not much glide is correct and the fade kicks in quick. And no sign of ever turning over. Super predictable in the wind. This disc would not hold an anhyzer line either (with some height).

I'm not so sure about those flight numbers those websites have suggested... To me they are way off. Helicopter landing? Uh, no. This is an OS putt and approach, like Kastaplast compares it to a rhyno I think that's a better comparison vs. someone thinking it flies like a lid.

This disc is good for Hyzer flicks and was fun to putt with in the grippy k2 plastic. I'd really like to try the stiff plastic they have. And give that a test.

Good fun disc, it wasn't what I expected at all. But I'll definitely keep it around for fun. :thmbup:

picture.php

Ted let me get one and throw up a video mashing it! I love driving putters :D sounds like a weird disc right up my alley... lol. Ill send it back to you'

Latest posts