• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Berg

Speed 1
Glide 1
Turn 0
Fade 2

7rsi2c.jpg

You can order discs from discgolfsweden???

Also, looking at the pictures of this disc, it looks niiiice. Not quite lidish. Not quite rhynoish. Looks like a good combo of the two.

Yes you can order from them, you just don't get any tracking information and have to translate things as you go if you don't know the language. I ordered two of the Rasks when they first came out, don't quite remember how long the shipping took that time.

OMG, here goes brotherdave! A Swedish Pole at might be the Holy Grail!

Looks more like a Swedish Rattler AFAICT. Still pretty badass, especially if it comes in that nice plastic the Kaxe comes in, maybe a gummier version?

I would say it doesn't fly much like the typical lid, except for the slow flight. Berg is very high speed stable, unlike most lids. Looking at the specs, the 0 in turn is same as Polecat, but in this case it's a "headwind 0", a "throw as hard as you like 0". Due to its high speed stability it's no hyzer-flip kind of disc, it needs to be thrown in the angle where you want it to go. Despite being a rather stable disc, it holds anhyzer lines well if thrown with some determination. Berg will be available in the firm K1 and the flexy K2.

We shipped them out yesterday and in US they will first appear at Clearwater Disc Golf Store, they will start the pre-sale very soon.

I want one of these, specs are up on the PDGA list-

21.2 width
1.4 rim depth
.9 rim width
2.0 height
87.00 rim conf.

I would say it doesn't fly much like the typical lid, except for the slow flight. Berg is very high speed stable, unlike most lids. Looking at the specs, the 0 in turn is same as Polecat, but in this case it's a "headwind 0", a "throw as hard as you like 0". Due to its high speed stability it's no hyzer-flip kind of disc, it needs to be thrown in the angle where you want it to go. Despite being a rather stable disc, it holds anhyzer lines well if thrown with some determination. Berg will be available in the firm K1 and the flexy K2.

It does sound Rattler-ish. But in a flexy, premium plastic? Nice.

Just got my Bergs in the mail and these things feel great!! Love this grippy K2 plastic blend. I must say I am a big fan of both plastics they produce. Not quite as gummy as I was hoping for, but after putting with them for a little bit, I think I'm going to like these a lot! Looking forward to throwing some drives with these!

I just placed an order for a 173g black K2 Berg from Clearwater. Hopefully it's like a more readily available premium polecat without the ridicule from guys on my card.....

Well I got my Berg. It's 173 black in k2 plastic. This thing is so slow and doesn't come close to turning over. It has an interesting flight plate: it looks very concave towards the outside (a la Yeti) but then it comes back up into a dome , so if you look on the side, you can't see the dome. The plastic is super flexy and grippy, really hit and stick.
This thing is beeeeeefy in flight. The flight numbers are totally right: super slow, minimal glide, no turn and substantial fade. I could rip into this thing on a slight anhyzer and it would fight back really fast and still fade (at least when thrown kinda high). I think it's just such a slow disc (high profile and a weird groove top) that it slows down immediately after you throw so it doesn't turn and then fades. I could get it almost as far as my new Scale but not quite.

It's a really unique disc I think and a unique flight. It doesn't really fit my game, so if anyone wants a nice, basically new K2 173 black Berg, PM me.

Well I got my Berg. It's 173 black in k2 plastic. This thing is so slow and doesn't come close to turning over. It has an interesting flight plate: it looks very concave towards the outside (a la Yeti) but then it comes back up into a dome , so if you look on the side, you can't see the dome. The plastic is super flexy and grippy, really hit and stick.
This thing is beeeeeefy in flight. The flight numbers are totally right: super slow, minimal glide, no turn and substantial fade. I could rip into this thing on a slight anhyzer and it would fight back really fast and still fade (at least when thrown kinda high). I think it's just such a slow disc (high profile and a weird groove top) that it slows down immediately after you throw so it doesn't turn and then fades. I could get it almost as far as my new Scale but not quite.

It's a really unique disc I think and a unique flight. It doesn't really fit my game, so if anyone wants a nice, basically new K2 173 black Berg, PM me.
Me me me :) pm'd

That's awesome. My brother-in-law's nickname is Berg. I'm so buying him one. :)

I agree with the description of the flight here. I was hoping for them to be super beefy and dumpy and got exactly what I wanted. I literally bought them for use on one course (lake Stevens disc golf course in WA) because the baskets are very unique, take a peek at the pictures on this site to see what I mean. They are exactly what I wanted for this course, but I may find some fun uses for them elsewhere as well. Will update again after more game time.

There's a guy locally that just got his hands of them. Dropped his Aviars, and he was hardcore about those before this arrived.

Sounds like he was wanting a different putter because I don't think the berg has much commonality to the aviar in flight or feel.