• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Kastaplast Kaxe

That was the German pronunciation, but it may be the same in Swedish.

I searched and couldn't find a video of anyone saying the name of this disc in Swedish. Kymen has a bunch of vids, but he never says its name.

Either way, however you say it, it looks like a great disc. I look forward to BroD's and Sloppy's review.

I really did like the Kaxe, what really holds it back in the US is the high price tag/low availability.

It has been a while but when I asked the Inifinite guys they said they wouldn't be carrying it.

Definitely interested in trying out a Kaxe Z though.

I have thrown the kaxe, and kaxe-z. They both seem to be great discs. The Z flew like a slightly more stable leopard for me and the kaxe I would classify as a slightly longer champ roc. I tend to overthrow a bit if I reach for either in a midrange situation as they have sneaky distance. I think the discraft storm comparison is a good one for the kaxe-z.

I really like the plastic as it has a nice tacky, slightly flexy feel. I havent thrown a lot of prodigy, but their opaque champ like plastic (400?) comes to mind.

I thought the rask was a turd and did not have much hope for these, but I find they are great discs.

I threw the Kaxe and Kaxe Z today. Not a ton of throws but enough to know it is worth further testing. The Z compared to the Champ Leopard is pretty good. It does seem more like a fairway driver than a mid in looks and feel. Kind of nice having a slightly stable to over stable disc like this for shots I can't wuite reach with a putter or mid. My quick thought is it might be really useful for heavily wooded courses. I need to test it further and see how it shapes lines in the woods. It also might mike a nice compliment for someone that throws a neutral mid or putter for a lot of their shorter shots. All in all it is a nice disc, just not sure where it fits in people's bags.

Brotherdave had a few throws so he'll probably chime in at some point. He had a few really nice long throws with them. Well, long throws to me at least. And nice throws for a fairly slow disc. We had some light wind out there and it had zero impact on the Kaxe or Kaxe Z.

Kaxes are more driver then mids, like stalkers, sabers, zombees, etc. It's subtle, and I can see how you can consider them hybrids. The beaded one, regular kaxe, is surprisingly os. Not meathook beefy but enough that it fades decidedly on less than full power rips. It would make a nifty os mid/driver for someone that wants something between a, say, hornet and banshee. The bead isn't very noticeable in feel.

The Z is a better line shaper but still fades solidly at the end of flight. I imagine this would beat into Buzz straight disc, retaining good hss and mellowing in lss. Kind of a beefy champ Leo flight. Glide on both is fairly good but you definitely know you're huking a slow driver. Really like the plastic, good grip, good medium between stiff and gummy. A trio of these two and a impact or beat squall for understable would make a nice minimalist or disced down bag.

I really did like the Kaxe, what really holds it back in the US is the high price tag/low availability.

Hello. First post for us. Thought we should begin by commenting this quote, which is true.

Yes, we hope for better availability in 2015. Both Kaxe and Kaxe Z have got great reviews, so naturally we'd like to get them in the hands of as many as possible. As for the price tag, we work a lot on quality and development, and we're a small manufacturer, so I guess that explains it.

Two new Kastaplast-distributors are Clearwater Disc Golf Store and Disc Nation. More discs from us in 2015. Putter in January/february.

We'll check in on this forum from time to time. For more updates on Kastaplast, follow us on Facebook. /Jonas Lindberg

Yeah, they are pretty much priced in line with Westside and Latitude.

I got a few more throws in on Monday and I still don't know what to do with them. I'm going to bag the Kaxe Z for a while, and just see how much I use it. I am carrying a smaller bag right now so it should get some use as a stable mid/fairway. I'll update if any briliant revelations hit me.

I am considering a bag that pairs the Kaxe / Kaxe Z along with a pair of fast driving putters... perhaps a Pure / Harp combo.

Pure
Harp
Kaxe
Kaxe Z
PD in various plastics

I am considering a bag that pairs the Kaxe / Kaxe Z along with a pair of fast driving putters... perhaps a Pure / Harp combo.

Pure
Harp
Kaxe
Kaxe Z

That would be pretty cool. It took me a long time to realize what all I could do with the faster putters.

Thenonly possible problem with that theory is that so far, in a short sample size, they don't seemmto be great powered down. There is a much more dramatic dump and fade at lower speeds. It may be fine, it is just different than mids and putters I normally use for those shots.

is anyone else bagging this? I'm pairing it with suspects. It doesnt FH as well as the suspect, its touchy (like a teebird ) cause the nose is soo aero (opp. of blunt) but it has very lil hss and a healthy lss. Its turning into a workhorse for me and I would like to how anyone else uses it.

I am still bagging the Kaxe and Kaxe Z as a winter experiment. They have nice forward glide, and are pretty useful as my over stable compliment right now to my Claymore. I don't throw OS mids much so I might also try some short thumbers with them to see if maybe they are good at short controlled approach thumbers. I haven't played much lately so I haven't really tested them in big winds either. My plan is to give them another few months.

I am still bagging the Kaxe and Kaxe Z as a winter experiment. They have nice forward glide, and are pretty useful as my over stable compliment right now to my Claymore. I don't throw OS mids much so I might also try some short thumbers with them to see if maybe they are good at short controlled approach thumbers. I haven't played much lately so I haven't really tested them in big winds either. My plan is to give them another few months.

I have been experimenting with a similar setup except I have been using a super stingray or a seasoned squall as an under-stable complement. This setup works really well if you are comfortable driving with putters on short range drives. I have pretty much every shot covered with 7 discs...

Judge / Harp
Kaxe / Kaxe Z / Squall (or Super Stingray)
P-PD / QOLF

Any fast/understable mid would probably work well in that complementary slot... Panther, Flying Squirrel, Theory, etc

That setup looks sweet, I could carry 7 discs around ALL day. I didn't relize there was a big difference between ppd and qolf though. Sounds like I need to check out the olf. It's funny you say Panther cause I was using this in the exact way mentioned. Unfortunately it doesn't feel good in my hand and I have dreams of a "cycle of suspects" so I'm focused in on beating up a lucid till it turns.

Thenonly possible problem with that theory is that so far, in a short sample size, they don't seemmto be great powered down. There is a much more dramatic dump and fade at lower speeds. It may be fine, it is just different than mids and putters I normally use for those shots.

Yeah, every time I threw the Z I thought to myself "if this was broken-in it'd be so much better." Just a little too beefy for a general control driver when new, with my arm anyway.