• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Kastaplast Plastics: K1 vs. K2 vs. K3

wolfmandragon

* Ace Member *
I just got the first run Grym and K1 Berg in the mail today (there were no plastic names at the last time I bought a Kastaplast product) and was expecting similar plastics. The K1 plastic is softer and stickier than I expected.
I knew that the Rask and Kaxe were differnt plastics, I was expecting the K1 to be more like the early run Kaxes.
The First Run Rask I have is the finest plastic I have ever experienced. I want more of it....but I digress.

Would someone whom has thrown all three plastics tell me the difference in between them and also which ones are closest to the Rask and the Kaxe?

Last edited:
My K1 Berg feels just like the 1st run Kaxes I have thrown. I think that weird dome just makes them feel a little different, the Berg is more flexible because of shape I think.

My K1 Berg feels just like the 1st run Kaxes I have thrown. I think that weird dome just makes them feel a little different, the Berg is more flexible because of shape I think.

Yeah, I think you are right on the Berg being different than the Kaxe due to the different shape. My Kaxe also is worn in with small scratches all over, which changes the feel as well.

My First run Rask is different though. It is a translucent red-orange. It may all be in the colorant, as in my Rask would have less and being more of a pure polymer. Even with MVP, different colors have a different feel.
My translucent Rask is more impervious to damage than the Kaxe. All of the Kastaplast discs are tough, but the Rask even more so than the others.
Of course, there may have been so tweaking to the formula as that was the very first run of Kastaplast discs ever.
These are just thoughts and I may be wrong...well all except the my Rask being tougher than my other(any brand) discs. That I know for a fact.

Last edited:
K1 plastic is my absolute favorite at the moment. Reminds me of that old proline/CE mix.
K2 is gummier and softer than K1, with a little stickiness to it if you ask me.
K3 reminds me of the really nice DX plastic from the 90s, seems to take a beating much better than current DX (but it is more expensive). I love my K3 Bergs (also like the lack of dome on these)

Yes in the Kaxe and Kaxe Z the K2 is usually less stable. In the berg theres not much a difference.
The K2 seems to fade a tick more left (rhbh) while K1 finishes straighter. Both have an insane hss.

Those are the 3 molds available in k2.

K3 is like a durable base blend. Great grip and not too soft. K3 kaxe and reko are both great. I prefer my bergs in premium.

My friend loves Kastaplast and I will say the K2 plastic feels wonderful. Discs fly well too! Haven't thrown them enough to really be able to tell flight differences between plastics but K2 is by far my favorite.

K3 is like a durable base blend. Great grip and not too soft. K3 kaxe and reko are both great. I prefer my bergs in premium.

I've noticed my K3 Rekos have become significantly softer over the past 3 months of use. I didn't realize how soft they'd become until I got a new one today. Anyone else experience this? Is it's a K3 thing or a base plastic in general thing?