• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Keen CNX -> Toward Minimalism

JHern

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Keen stopped by DeLaveaga yesterday with a vanload of their new CNX shoes, and held a putting contest to win free pairs. I think they gave out well over $3K in product, plus a lot of other swag. I had initially gone away from the Keen disc golf shoes since I more recently became a fan of minimalist shoes, and very much enjoying my Merrell gloves. The CNX shoes are a big step for Keen in the direction of minimalism, they look very very nice. Since my Merrells are still newish I won a pair of CNX for my wife, and she loves them. Everyone else who tried them was enjoying them a great deal, and had only good things to say. They seem so good, in fact, that I will probably get a pair for myself after the Merrells wear out.

So are they still "sponsoring" our sport? But they are not making a dedicated shoe?

I thought you moved to Japan...

keltik said:
So are they still "sponsoring" our sport? But they are not making a dedicated shoe?

Yes, they support disc golf. I know they give big donations through their sponsored players to disc golf projects of the players' choosing. We have gotten quite a lot from Keen via Nate, and it was critical for upgrading our courses for Worlds in 2011.

Many of Keen's other shoes will meet the demands of disc golfers, so not sure what is the point of doing a dedicated shoe if the market isn't demanding something hugely specialized.

keltik said:
I thought you moved to Japan...

August.

i don't want to turn this into another discussion on whether keen's are any good, but just want to say I love my keens and all they do for our support. we need more big companies to recognize our sport and help fund our growth.

Latest posts