• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Krait

Both. If I really minutiae-ize it, maybe the Krait has a few cm less turn & a few cm less fade, and is an iota flatter & "beefier" feeling in the hand, but the differences are so minimal that I would expect them not to be evident in a blind head-to-head comparison.

I read your post in the blizzard thread after posting here, and you pretty much answered my follow up question. So the fade still is pretty far left? Not significantly straighter to warrant carrying both?

For me, I can't imagine carrying both, as the differences are de minimus. Every player should be his own judge, though (especially considering the wild inconsistency between runs/specimens of Blizzard discs).

Gonna throw a bliz krait today, but i have already thrown a sparkle champ and it seems to have a ton of potential, personally would like one in a sexy blend of star, but even then idk if it has a slot in the bag with my curren setup, nice disc tho

Any more updates on the Krait?

I'm eyeing this as a distance driver. I've thrown Star Wraiths before, but they require a beating for me to get them to a point where they don't lose distance because of their fade. I've also thrown Archons but found them to turn and fade too much. From what this sounds like, it could fit the bill for a good distance driver in my power range - 350' max on flat ground, no wind.

i threw the bliz krait head to head with the bliz wraith today and i agree wih Veganray very similar in flight. For me the wraith fades more so the krait was a little longer but not much either way.

I bought a Bliz Krait after losing my fliptastic Bliz Katana at the course. Flys very straight for me out to 325 then small fade to finish. Its actually a nice stable disc. I have not thrown it in a headwind yet, sure it wont be any good in wind like all the other super light Bliz discs. I imagine when I get back to full power it will slightly turn and then slight fade to finish. Way easier to throw then the Katana, I dont need to Hyzer flip it. Katana had a small window for a good executed shot. Krait is more forgiving, turns and fades less.

Anyone tried the non-blizzard Krait? The rim is pretty comfy feeling and interesting looking, to me the rim looks like a longer RR rim with a bottom notch.

I've been playing with some of the metal flake ones and they are ... nice. With just the flashing removed, mine flies like nicely beaten pro wraith. The downside is the crazy variation in these things. I have one that is pretty flat with a small gradual dome. That one is understable and acts like the pro wraith in champ plastic that I really wanted. Another that I have has a huge pop top and is way more stable. The pop top one only turns as much as a star wraith does for me. It does glide way better though, which I attribute to the huge dome. If it helps, the flat wraith will turn and burn if thrown flat at >400' power and the domey one will track way right and hook up late with 400' power. I will throw up pics of the discs in question if anyone is super curious.

When I was in Clearwater last month, I looked at several Kraits side by side (both regular champ and blizz), and there was ALOT of variation in PLH. I bought one with a low PLH and one with a high PLH. The low one was quite flippy. The high one was quite stable. I'd say this is one disc to only buy at a brick and mortar store and never online, if you want to be sure which kind of Krait you are getting.

Anybody actively throwing these? Are they still as varied as ForeverBlue says or have they settled down a bit? I've been trying out Wraiths for distance drivers recently but they need a decent amount of break in before I can throw them. McBeast is recommending them over on the other site and I'm curious to try one with how he was talking and the Innova description.

been throwing the champ krait for quite some time. i'm on my second champion krait after my 1st one went for a swim. this second krait was from a different run, but flies the same as my original. anything else you'd like to know?

Blizzard Krait works nicely in my noodle-armed 150s bag, where it replaced 150 S CDs. I have thrown two 153 orange Kraits, and both fly the same. I can hit 320' on a low flex shot; somewhat less throwing flat. For me, the Krait has the best combination of distance and stability that I have found to date.

At my distance the Krait is versatile and predictable as long as I keep the nose down. It fights back nicely from anhyzer and finishes with a healthy but controllable fade. I have been throwing Blizzard Kraits since late fall, so too early to tell how the plastic will hold up. I have not yet tested the Krait in strong headwinds.

For comparison, I never felt like I could give a Wraith or PD enough juice to get them going. To be fair, my distance and form have improved somewhat since I tried those discs.

Thanks Mono, I'm more interested in the Champ Kraits than Blizzard, but if they're anything like what you're describing the Bliz that's encouraging :p

Crosseyed0811 said:
Thanks!

What does it fly like? What do you use it for?

i was using the champ krait for long turning shots with very little to no return. i also used it for distance rollers. it is still in the bag, but i'm toying with the tern at the moment so the krait could get bumped out.

They also did release the star krait this fall as a pumpkin disc. I haven't worked it much yet but have noticed that it is slightly more stable than my 139.