• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Krait

The name sounds like some sort of Katana/Wraith hybrid to me, not great but not horrible either. I hope we'll get to give it a try, it does sound interesting if it indeed performs.

for some reason I have a feeling the Millennium Aeries will be a spin off the Krait similar to the Archon/Astra. hope the krait is good in that case...

zj1002 said:
for some reason I have a feeling the Millennium Aeries will be a spin off the Krait similar to the Archon/Astra. hope the krait is good in that case...

Yeah I hope it's a good disc, but the late years of innova really haven't given me any reason to expect for anything good.

Wraith/Krait. The similarity between the discs and the names may have been intentional, or they could have just picked a dumb snake name. I'm not sure there is really a need for this disc, but I like the Wraith, and the Archon and Astra are fun to throw. Speed 11 drivers are great for folks in the 350'-420' category, but they all sort of turn into the same turnover driver for anyone who throws farther than that. I'll probably give one a whirl someday, but it's not high on my list.

zj1002 said:
I have a feeling the Millennium Aeries will be a spin off of the Krait, similar to the Archon/Astra.
Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought our next disc was going to be a faster disc. Speed 12 and a bit less overstable than the Quasar. I had not heard the name Aeries before either... I must be out of the loop. :roll:

Steady 26542 said:
zj1002 said:
I have a feeling the Millennium Aeries will be a spin off of the Krait, similar to the Archon/Astra.
Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought our next disc was going to be a faster disc. Speed 12 and a bit less overstable than the Quasar. I had not heard the name Aeries before either... I must be out of the loop. :roll:

yeah you are right the next disc is the speed 12 Scorpius that I think I read is going to be mid-late May. Later in the summer is the speed 11 Aeries. they actually have the discs on their flight chart on the website

I actually like the Mill flight chart. Krait does seem extraneous. But hey whatcha gonna do?

Why is it so tempting to do an all Mill bag?

EDIT: Why don't we use the term Drift?

keltik said:
I actually like the Mill flight chart. Krait does seem extraneous. But hey whatcha gonna do?

Why is it so tempting to do an all Mill bag?

EDIT: Why don't we use the term Drift?

Why should we use the term drift?

If it flies as advertised, this will probably be the first thing they've come out with in years that I will throw.

Been stuck in this range where a wraith just fades too much for quite some time so... yeah that.

why would we use drift? it's faster to type than turnover. but we do use turn which is faster than drift. I'm just trying to keep conversation going.

keltik said:
why would we use drift? it's faster to type than turnover. but we do use turn which is faster than drift. I'm just trying to keep conversation going.
Turnover is a pretty specific term though.

keltik said:

Yeah, drift's not really that clear on what it means as a term for DG. I didn't even realise you wanted to replace turnover with it. No thanks.

And if you're seriously so lazy that you're trying to change a term because it has couple too many letters for you to type, well... :)

Any good info on this disc?

I picked up one of the cfr ones and have only had a chance to throw it few times. Bottom looks very similar to mamba with a near flat wing having a turn down near the inner lip. No idea on the top. Initial thoughts are that the disc is a fairly straight flyer with some turn and a long forward fade. Havent thrown enough to see really though.

So....has anyone tossed these yet? I fondled some at PIAS today and they felt great in the hand. Is there any reason to throw these over a Wraith?

these are what the archon should have been. nice and straight with gradual turn and slow late fade. reminded me of a seasoned old run star wraith i had .

Booter said:
these are what the archon should have been. nice and straight with gradual turn and slow late fade. reminded me of a seasoned old run star wraith i had .

YES, exactly. I was so disappointed with the Archon, such a flippy piece o' shit. These things fly great, out of the box, in champ plastic. It's a beautiful thing. I'd wager over time that it'll beat in to a state similar to a Sidewinder-ish flight, which will still be useful to me. The biggest complaint i've seen thus far is that they fade out hard at the end of the flight but I really can't say I've noticed it as THAT extreme. Yeah they fade out and I guess I would call it a bit more abrupt than a Wraith... Maybe not, I seriously don't notice it that much. It flies pretty damn straight 90% of the flight and maybe drops 15-20 feet left of that line fairly suddenly. It's a good disc and I hope people give it a chance.