• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

La Mirada Golden State

thugjitsu

Double Eagle Member
So every Monday morning me and a few guys are going to play the whole 18 golden state at La Mirada. We start at 10 sharp because it is essetially a super course with all 36 turned into 18 holes. The LA County really hates us playing it but its usually empty monday mornings so there not a problem.

WE MEET BY TEEPAD 1 FOR THE LAKESIDE COURSE!!!!!

It is pretty much a bunch of par 4's and one par 5 and a couple short/long par 3's.

If you show up mandatories and OB's will be explained. If it starts to get big random flip doubles for fun or cash may happen.

I will not post the course on here because like i said it is highly frowned upon by the county and we do not want people playing in the afternoon or during crowded times.

Hopefully some of you Souther Californian's decide to come on down.

What do you do for hole 2? I have never seen that basket in that position unless for the am us masters or golden state layout? I guess it would be long position for hole 3 on the lakeside.

hole 2 is normal hole 3.....

currently hole two has been move to the longer so from teepad 1 to 2 is about ~500 ft

All normal mandatories stay intact for this course....

I am part of the proshop so if anyone has any questions where they can play it EARLY on their own time i am more than happy to explain it. It truly is an awesome course.

Ask for Josef

I will definitely try to make it out one of these Mondays. Have only played the 18 hole mega-layout once, but I remember loving it.

Good stuff today.... Local pro decided to join up and show us what distance really is haha. See you guys next Monday!

Just to let you guys know i will not be here this upcoming Monday, i am taking a swing over to Oak Grove,

If you see a kid with blonde hair and blue backpack style bag, just let him know you're here for the Golden State.

one of these days im gonna make it out there from texas & that course will be my first stop well after i stop to see my 38 year old sister that i have never met in montebello .

I play all the 36 holes almost everyday....I'd love to see the 18 hole layout. I'm in this Monday.

2002 US Masters Grandmaster div champ comming out regularly! Great Stuff. All is Welcome for this monster layout!

I didn't know Dennis was still playing. He still selling plastic too?

2002 US Masters Grandmaster div champ comming out regularly! Great Stuff. All is Welcome for this monster layout!

^ yea hes got some stuff here and there, i played with him and ray today, dennis play at least twice a week here at la mi and as far as i know will be coming to this monday shindig from now on.

Trying to get Mr. Ahart out too but i think he's working mondays.

Ahart still working at prudential in Ontario. I've been to his office a few years back and over to his Casa a dozen times. I guess Fontana isn't to far a drive to La Mirada. 40 minutes ain't bad for the 88' champ. I've seen Ahart down at Yucaipa a few times. I've played with Dennis in 2010 and bought plastic a few years back when he was bad off. Sounds like a good crowd. How many people you getting on average?

Anywhere from 4 on a slow day to about 8....we're hoping to get more and more where it can be like a mini morning league, 5 dollar random flip dubs or something of the sorts.

The key is when we get more and more, we'll have to shotgun start and make sure at least 1-2 people in each group that know the layout. It's really a blast and a good change up to the normal course..

Plus every month it'll be a little different as the positions change the first friday of every month.

I tried to make it out last time but this Monday will be there for sure.....where do you meet up at?

Latest posts