• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Falchion

So this past weekend I tossed this disc and compared it to some other 8/9 speed drivers. It's a slightly longer Vision, with less turn. I tossed it into a slight headwind and the disc was very neutral. The fade at the end of flight was similar to a Vision or a Sampo.

I got to throw one today - it is very similar to the Saint. It has a ton of glide, and is reasonably stable. Fun disc to throw.

For me, it's in the (beat) Escape, Thief, Saint, Northman mix. Hard to choose between them other than plastic, feel & color -- depending on what you already have in the bag/closet.

Like a longer *leopard for the traditionalists.

So it's a flippy turd? Is that what the consensus is? Haha, just watched McCabe throw one on the video. Looks like its a unreliable disc for advanced players (or a flippy turd) But may be a nice distance driver for intermediates.

They NEEEEEEED to stop labelling discs With OFF stability numbers - I don't trust Trilogy discs for this reason. If it says 0 turn it usually means 1-1.5 turn. If it says Overstable its either stable or unreasonably flippy. its just ALL over the charts.

The only Lat 64 disc I use is a Stiletto and theres NO mistaking that as Overstable. Harp as well actually has #'s that are spot on but everything else i've tried is pretty unreliable. I love the Trespass but they even get too flippy at times esp with change of plastics.

Im not hating, esp because i use some of the discs and like them, but so many are so INACCURATE in flight #'s that I never know WTF they mean.

anyway....flippy turd right?

Im not hating, esp because i use some of the discs and like them, but so many are so INACCURATE in flight #'s that I never know WTF they mean

Partly agree, partly disagree. Trilogy numbers aren't exactly like Innova's flight numbers, but IMHO Trilogy numbers are consistent within themselves, i.e. in relation to their own discs. Yes, if ones takes the trilogy numbers and treats them as Innova numbers, the discs will be flippy, i.e. less stable than you'd expect. Take the numbers for what they are, and I get what I expect to get. I would agree that the Trilogy numbers seem more geared to the casual player than the further-throwing and pro players.

I borrowed one for a few rounds. I was thinking it was somewhat similar to a Saint. I really don't think it's a necessary addition to the Lat64 lineup.

Don't know that I'd call it a flippy turd. It's just another disc that I have no need to throw.

After that it isn't just a floppy POS. Think somewhere is Escape or Valkyrie range and you have the right idea. Tailwind bomber, but the amount of glide will make it inconsistent for 400`+ arms.

Partly agree, partly disagree. Trilogy numbers aren't exactly like Innova's flight numbers, but IMHO Trilogy numbers are consistent within themselves, i.e. in relation to their own discs. Yes, if ones takes the trilogy numbers and treats them as Innova numbers, the discs will be flippy, i.e. less stable than you'd expect. Take the numbers for what they are, and I get what I expect to get. I would agree that the Trilogy numbers seem more geared to the casual player than the further-throwing and pro players.

I hear ya, but then I did throw some discs that the #'s reflected how I throw, and some that were WAY off.

Glad nobody took my statement to heart, I was just jokin. But I havent thrown a Falchion just saw others throw it. It sounded like a disc I'd like at first. I figured it would be close to a Discmania CD2 or a Valkyrie . Either way I don't think I'll try one. But I will say I love the Stiletto , Harp, and Trespass. (Trespass could be a LIIIIIITLE more high speed stable, but its solid)

:hfive:

I hear ya, but then I did throw some discs that the #'s reflected how I throw, and some that were WAY off.
Glad nobody took my statement to heart, I was just jokin. But I havent thrown a Falchion just saw others throw it. It sounded like a disc I'd like at first. I figured it would be close to a Discmania CD2 or a Valkyrie . Either way I don't think I'll try one. But I will say I love the Stiletto , Harp, and Trespass. (Trespass could be a LIIIIIITLE more high speed stable, but its solid)
:hfive:

I might try one eventually, but it's not a high priority. The Champ Sidewinder is filling that slot very well for me right now...

From most to least stable I'd say: Escape>Saint>Falchion>Hatchet. The Falchion to me is like a Hatchet but with a bit of added fade.

The Falchion is to the Saint what the Maul is to the River: flies like a seasoned version off the shelf.