• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

keltik said:
that was me making an ass out of myself and umption. so redoing grip then? wtf? give me a clue here.
I doubt it's going to replace either. If they decide to start producing it it'll probably be a stiffer alternative to Zero and Grip in putters, but also the only baseline plastic available for drivers and mids.

I was running errands for work this morning and "happened" to pass by a PIAS. I picked up a test run fuse and a bird stamped GL Striker. The bird is wearing a crown. this test run feels like DX/KC Pro. Very stiff kinda waxy. It's hard to fondle discs and drive in a five speed. and I also bought a Ti Buzzz and a Blizzard Destroyer. this new crop of plastic hurts my wallet.

I hope that the test run #2 is not just another baseline... Something innovative. Lat 64 has a knack for thinking outside the box without coming up with goofy stuff like the epic or turbo putt.

On a side note, I have to say blizzard disappointed me. I threw a boss and it went way anny then faded way too fast back. It also slowed down faster than it should have...

Did you try only one disc? The vast majority of Blizzard discs I've thrown have flown like their heavier counterparts, just easier to get up to speed and they glide better. Even in headwinds they hold up just as well stabilitywise, but naturally get slowed down a bit quicker.

Yeah, out of sample size of 6 bosses, one has been noticeably more understable than its full weight brother, at 139g, yet very controllable. The 150g x-outs are pretty much exactly like max weights, just easier to throw as jubs said.

Great news today; I got my first ace. I went to play at a course near my new job (never played before) on my lunch break and I nailed #3 with my Grip Pure!! I truly understand now that aces are pure dumb luck. the throw felt weird and I kinda stumbled sideways on the release. the flight looked like I had almost turned it over too much but it magically flexed sexy back right into the basket! I squealed like a little girl and went to pick up my disc. What a feeling!!

I also threw the TR Fuse on one hole into a clump of young trees. no damage to the disc but no real flight to make a judgement on. the grip felt great. I also threw the GL Striker on another hole. I haven't played in so long that I've got the OATie O's. I'll hammer that out with time. I don't blame the disc but I do blame the ape throwing them.

I also threw my 131 Blizz Destro. It turned quickly into the woods. Like I said above I haven't played or thrown in about two months. I'm out of sorts with my timing etc. It did rocket out of my hands. I think I was trying to throw it like my 172 destro. and it was the hole after I just aced. but mainly my form and smoothness is missing.

I also threw the TI Buzzz, again into some trees. zero damage to the disc but not enough flight to make any judgments.

I have thrown seven different blizzard discs. I could not control them worth crap. They pretty much reaffirmed to me the fact that I throw max weight best; not always but most of the time, and I should definitely never throw blizzard again. Not a brand loyalty thing, I don't throw diamonds either.

The OPTO PURE is now released for the public!!!

Will be a fundraiser disc for the Major Stockholm Disc Golf Open to be held in Sweden in june.

Here you can buy: http://www.discsport.se/art/1731

^ditto

a GL pure is still titties though

on a side note, ive been throwing my villains and have noticed that the ones i got are beefy as pd2's. definitely different than the one i tested that was from the exact same batch! all are 171 too. the tester i threw was very straight and then faded out the last 30% which is what i was expecting. a beefier flow. these are just overstable piggies. i like it but at the same time i dont because its not what i expected. i guess i just need to beat the crap out of these.

William Gummesson said:
The OPTO PURE is now released for the public!!!

Will be a fundraiser disc for the Major Stockholm Disc Golf Open to be held in Sweden in june.

Here you can buy: http://www.discsport.se/art/1731

Välkommen William. Jag filmade en runda med dig under Scandinavian Open 2010. Videon ligger hos Youtube på kanal lcgm8

Tack JR! Dig kommer jag ihåg. Din kanal tittar jag ofta på :)

Sorry guys, it is Gold Line just like the stamp says. Althought the plastic feels a lot like Opto plastic. Flies a bit more overstable than a Grip Pure for med, easier to flip the Grip over, Gold easier to throw straight without having to mess with hyzer angles.

Den är inte min kanal men jag har filmad för lcgm8 mycket. lcgm8 är den andra videokillen där vid SO2010 killen som filmade Nikkos ace bakom tee.

I'm interested in trying out the GL Pure more grip wise than the Opto. Opto probably suffers in rain just like any other premium plastic putter. And flight wise for putts i prefer soft opaque Ions in putts. And medium Anodes in drives. Although in tight right turns the Pure is better than the Anode.

Definitely some opto feel in these Gl.Pures...
2n64zzd.jpg