• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

what are the Sinuses made in? Zero only or their own special plastic? do they still make the Sinuses? I wouldn't have minded trying their mids and drivers in Grip plastic.

Paving the way for a "test material" Pure?

Seems a bit odd, personally I'd have dropped the Zero Pure instead of the Grip....

keltik said:
what are the Sinuses made in? Zero only or their own special plastic? do they still make the Sinuses? I wouldn't have minded trying their mids and drivers in Grip plastic.
Sinus is only in Zero, but there is a soft and stiff.

There used to be other discs (other than Spike and Pure) in Grip line... like Medius, Mirus and Vision. I think you might still find some in stores.

There's also premiere. I have a mirus in premier. Haven't got to throw it much. Plastic is nice and grippy though. Has a huge POP top dome

rollerific after one grass landing. now that I think about it I do remember Grip Visions when Lat first hit the scene. I think they should extend their grip plastic to other drivers. but I've said that already.

EDIT: Mid grade drivers just don't sell. Lat don't make your business decisions off of my opinions.

I am now throwing an all lat 64/westside bag. Don't know how it happened, it was not intentional, but my bag is pretty much multiples of pure/fuse/river/halo. A few others.. But... I just realized I had dropped my last few innova discs because I don't throw them any more. Now there is room for a few more fuses...

It would appear that i've been pinching putters and mids too hard resulting in finger sticking issues but lesser ones than grip locks. I increased base of the thumb and pinky to middle finger grip strength maintaining thumb pressure really softening the index finger especially in the beginning of the throw. Sometimes pinching after the disc had started to pivot. Grip Pure and Zero Spike turned a lot less than usual. I liked the XD better because often times it did not turn at all and at times only a couple of degrees late in the flight. Zero Spike has a much better grip in cold weather than the DX XD i used. That does not mean that the Pure won't fly great it does. I just have a personal preference for discs that don't flip. The more of those i have the better. So the 3-4 degrees i need with the Pure 5 degrees with the Spike are ok but not great. The Spike was used and it seemed to vary in turning characteristics with seemingly similar throws. The Pure seemed to follow the arm follow through angle perfectly. At all power levels above about 230-250'. The Spike flipped less underpowered than at full tilt. I didn't check the distance i got without flipping because i liked the XD better and there was no need to underpower the Spike.

gknmnstr said:
I am now throwing an all lat 64/westside bag. Don't know how it happened, it was not intentional, but my bag is pretty much multiples of pure/fuse/river/halo. A few others.. But... I just realized I had dropped my last few innova discs because I don't throw them any more. Now there is room for a few more fuses...
No Strikers? What do you use as a workhorse driver? Do you power down on the Halos or have you found Rivers that are stable/overstable enough?

I'm already waiting at my mail slot. Yeah, I only have a slot, but it's the perfect height to fit 2 tm 2 pures and 1 opto through it. Kabong makes the tm 2 pures sound like the answer to the overly soft zeros in the summertime. Firm but tacky, hopefully better than the zero's in 100+ degree weather this summer.

I have a very gentle throw that allows me to throw discs like river and fuse on nice hyzer lines. Halo for hyzer over 400', river and fuse hyzer well on shots under that distance. I also throw fore-hand and back hand near equally well. Honestly If the hole is under 350 I am probably throwing a fuse. I carry more of them than anything else. I do carry one striker for windy situations.

Booter said:
opto pures amd test material 2 pures at dtworld.com!

Looking forward to trying both of these when I can buy from y'all or one of the other sellers who offers exact weight & color. Just got a Villain from MSt (opto 168) and threw it a few times yesterday. Loving it! A slightly longer and more stable Striker, exactly what I was hoping for!

FYI I'm new around here and new to this contemporary game of disc golf, having stopped playing more than 30 years ago. Back then we made up our own courses with trees and signposts as "holes." The proliferation of official courses with those chained baskets is a terrific development, as are all these marvelous new specialized discs -- especially the ones made by Lat 64° for themselves and Westside. (The new 174g VIP Warship is fast becoming my favorite mid-range -- laser straight, long with copious glide, and very controllable holding whatever line I put it on.)