• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

Opto Pures are on Marshall St. Trying to compare here: would a pure be sort of like a shallower Warlock?

dgdave said:
More voodoo/magic like

Not the Opto's, Warlock is a pretty good comparison in this case.

aaaaaactually, broken in Wizard is probably a better comparison.

I took the flash off of a Gold Pure, and would say it is understable, so take it easy with the flash if you want it straight.

I love love love my opto pure! plastic is choice,very grippy opaque opto. threw them a lot at a course yesterday and they're money. super straight with a little fade at the end. I drilled a niice long upproach with mine on the last hole too. prob 220' out, zj was there :)

it definitely made the bag,its what I always expected the opto pure to be like and more. I'm hoping it just keeps blowing my mind. it feels like a shallow p2/warlock. perfection :)

Booter said:
I love love love my opto pure! plastic is choice,very grippy opaque opto. threw them a lot at a course yesterday and they're money. super straight with a little fade at the end. I drilled a niice long upproach with mine on the last hole too. prob 220' out, zj was there :)

it definitely made the bag,its what I always expected the opto pure to be like and more. I'm hoping it just keeps blowing my mind. it feels like a shallow p2/warlock. perfection :)
HighFive.jpeg

I got a little bored this afternoon, and was curious...

On 12/21/09...

Jeronimo said:
In hopes that Tomas and Latitude 64 reps might read this I will now post my Latitude 64 Christmas wish list:

• 1. A new slower and less stable than the Striker fairway driver that will finish straight in Opto/Gold line
    2. An understable long distance driver that's more of a speed 10 than a 14 in Opto/Gold line
    3. An overstable mid range disc in Opto/Gold line
    4. Flourescent colors in ALL the opto molds, like the Halo's flourescent green
    5. Black Opto and Gold line plastic
    6. Fix the dome on the opto Cores
    7. Opto Pure
    8. Make an X version of the Vision that is stable like the last batch with the high parting line (seriously, that thing was a GEM)

Keep in mind, i'm talking in the US here. No swede-sclusives please. If you make any of these, I will buy them. Ask Marshall St. about me, I like to spend money on your products.

jubuttib said:
Booter said:
elk said its a grippier and slightly firmer plastic than zero. that's how he described the tm2 pures. not sure how the bolts feel
Wasn't the first test material on the hard side? TM2 sounds like halfway between TM1 and Zero.

I don't have a clue but i fondled a Westside test material1 disc today and it was waxy hard and slippery. Hard in gripping feel not in durability hitting rocks kind if feel. Janne Penttilä of Westside Discs said that after a round or two the TM1 will become grippy and TM2 is grippy from the get go. Didn't get to feel a TM2 disc if he even had any. TM1 is a stiffer plastic than Zero if i guessed right based on Zero Spike vs Westside TM1. A little hazy on the memory about what the disc was and if they want to keep it a secret i won't mention the disc. We did not discuss disclosure issues so i go from not being given the go ahead to disclose anything. As if i was more than 99 % sure of which mold it was anyway.

sunspot said:
So then, Pure over Anode? I'm auditioning for my putter spot and haven't tried either. FYI, I use to throw magnets but hate the bottom part of the magnet.

Preference and depends on the other discs in your bag and how the local courses are on discs. Also which plastic Pure you use. Even a clear med Anode gets quickly nicked on my hell on plastic home course. Hell on rubber from Vibram too. Both of those discs are easier on the hand feel wise and release more easily than the Magnet. Pure turns right faster and Anode does straight and mild deviations from flat better also being longer. Zero Pure is leagues ahead in grip in cold and wet weather to all Anodes.

opto pures are very similar to anodes in HSS. these are not easy to turn on a clean throw. i threw some shots on a little forced anhyzer and it still came out.

Cant wait for my opto and tests to get here. Only got one opto but i know ill get more in the future. Got 2 tests just incase i like them i have a back up

Hoey said:
I got a little bored this afternoon, and was curious...

On 12/21/09...

Jeronimo said:
In hopes that Tomas and Latitude 64 reps might read this I will now post my Latitude 64 Christmas wish list:

• 1. A new slower and less stable than the Striker fairway driver that will finish straight in Opto/Gold line
    2. An understable long distance driver that's more of a speed 10 than a 14 in Opto/Gold line
    3. An overstable mid range disc in Opto/Gold line
    4. Flourescent colors in ALL the opto molds, like the Halo's flourescent green
    5. Black Opto and Gold line plastic
    6. Fix the dome on the opto Cores
    7. Opto Pure
    8. Make an X version of the Vision that is stable like the last batch with the high parting line (seriously, that thing was a GEM)

Keep in mind, i'm talking in the US here. No swede-sclusives please. If you make any of these, I will buy them. Ask Marshall St. about me, I like to spend money on your products.

Holy shit, all of those minus #8 came true. Well... I believe the Vision mold has changed a bit since I wrote that up so they might actually be 8/8.

There's about 5000 more posts begging for #7 though...

My wish list from L64.
#1 stable to slightly overstable fairway driver. 7,5,0,1
#2 GL pure
#3 I would love to see more molds (specifically the fuse) molded in that purple swirly GLopto blend that I love my Halo and River in. That specific run of plastic has the best grip ever. I think it was the same run as the first purple bolts to be released.
#4 Jesper win worlds

Seriously, I love transparent GL plastic. Please make more.

I wait those to rectify my feelings of another Lat disc. I hate how unusably flippy my GL Bolt is meh. I'm not sure it would suite anyone for anything else than trick shots. It does not like speed but fades hard for 250' crowd so it won't be the longest disc for them. It excels in not flying on a straight line.

Westside BT Plastic discs have invaded all our local markets, only there are none of the other plastics available. Seems like all of their molds were represented, expect the Swan, which was Eco 2 plastic. So no big secrets I guess.

Oh I forgot to mention I finally gave a Villian a work out. Threw it a lot on Maple Hill in moderately windy conditions and a little bit around Pyramids. While I will say it's not my favorite disc, it's definitely a needed addition to the Latitude line up. It's in the "not in my arm speed" category for me as I can only release it flat and have it very quickly start to fade out. It'll definitely be the disc I reach for when I need to get a solid drive off the tee into a hefty wind, but in calm conditions I won't be throwing it much. Reminded me of those really beefy AJ Star Destroyers that came out fairly recently. The disc itself is well put together and fits about as comfortably in the hand as a Destroyer does, it's just wicked ovahstable.

The one bummer I have with the Latitude line up right now is that my absolute max distance driver has no real Latitude competition. This premium plastic Legenda, man... it's something else. It really is just like a +1/2 speed Flow, very similar flight characteristics and I swear it nets me an additional 25' almost every toss. I like Halos, Havocs, Flows, and now the Villian (Bolts... meh), but none of them get out there like the Legenda does.

JR said:
I wait those to rectify my feelings of another Lat disc. I hate how unusably flippy my GL Bolt is meh. I'm not sure it would suite anyone for anything else than trick shots. It does not like speed but fades hard for 250' crowd so it won't be the longest disc for them. It excels in not flying on a straight line.
That's what I though last season too. I was out on the field today and was throwing some Lat plastic around (Halo, Bolt and Havoc, Opto and GL versions of all of them) and the Bolt really surprised me. Last season I was so fliptastic I just had to laugh when throwing it, but this spring I seem to have gotten a better grip on the discs and can generate more spin. When I got some spin on the thing I could throw it hard and it just turned over lazily from a bit of hyzer and flew on a beautiful S-curve, hanging in the air for quite some time. Same for both the Opto and GL. I liked it quite a bit this time and could see myself putting it in the bag, if only for tailwind drives.

If I didn't quite get the spin right it flew like before, so it is touchy any requires spin. This makes it a bit hard to really recommend, because it might be to understable for the big arms while being too finicky for weaker arms.

Latest posts