• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

Wow these opto pures look and feel awesome. I got the pinks like Booter and they are flat and stiff and a little tacky. The anodes could have a serious competition.

Frank Delicious said:
Wow these opto pures look and feel awesome. I got the pinks like Booter and they are flat and stiff and a little tacky. The anodes could have a serious competition.

If word gets out enough. I get the feeling that the Pure isn't very widely known when compared with the Anode. My evidence for this claim is the 23 page Opto Pure thread on DGCR compared to the 116 page Anode thread on DGCR.

Oh so I noticed the biggest difference between these and the anodes for me is these want to fight out of any moderate anny lines I put them on where the anode will hold them. For you guys who have thrown these more and beat them up, how long does that take to go away?

jubuttib said:
JR said:
I wait those to rectify my feelings of another Lat disc. I hate how unusably flippy my GL Bolt is meh. I'm not sure it would suite anyone for anything else than trick shots. It does not like speed but fades hard for 250' crowd so it won't be the longest disc for them. It excels in not flying on a straight line.
That's what I though last season too. I was out on the field today and was throwing some Lat plastic around (Halo, Bolt and Havoc, Opto and GL versions of all of them) and the Bolt really surprised me. Last season I was so fliptastic I just had to laugh when throwing it, but this spring I seem to have gotten a better grip on the discs and can generate more spin. When I got some spin on the thing I could throw it hard and it just turned over lazily from a bit of hyzer and flew on a beautiful S-curve, hanging in the air for quite some time. Same for both the Opto and GL. I liked it quite a bit this time and could see myself putting it in the bag, if only for tailwind drives.

If I didn't quite get the spin right it flew like before, so it is touchy any requires spin. This makes it a bit hard to really recommend, because it might be to understable for the big arms while being too finicky for weaker arms.

20 RPS @ mostly 82-87 KPH topping out at 94 according to radar and video of the same disc Avery threw in the two angle slo mo video. BTW. my camera EX-FH20 has developed an audible high pitched noise that is on all the time and recording 720 has an insane amount of noise making it unsable. Blechhh. Lucky there's no sound in slo mo :lol:

I threw in tailwinds only yesterday and was galloping to shake off the winter rust to be able to film soon without me crashing. With a regular x step things might look different. I get around 30' extra D from run up steps. Well did last year haven't done the comparison for this year yet.

Frank, try rubbing the bottom of the rim on a rough surface to get rid of any flash remnants. After that, that's pretty much how it's going to fly for a while.

Jeronimo said:
Oh I forgot to mention I finally gave a Villian a work out. Threw it a lot on Maple Hill in moderately windy conditions and a little bit around Pyramids. While I will say it's not my favorite disc, it's definitely a needed addition to the Latitude line up. It's in the "not in my arm speed" category for me as I can only release it flat and have it very quickly start to fade out. It'll definitely be the disc I reach for when I need to get a solid drive off the tee into a hefty wind, but in calm conditions I won't be throwing it much.

Despite my noodle arm (actually, I should have a noodle arm--then maybe I would naturally throw with my trunk instead of my arm!), I'm loving the Villain as a nearly perfect OS distance disc to complement the Sword. For me it's longer, more forgiving, and a little less overstable than the Z Avenger I previously used in this role. And I love the look and feel of that somewhat opaque Opto plastic!

I can't begin to describe the extent to which my game depends on my fuse. I recently played two new courses and threw fuse as 40% of my drives, pure as 30% and hucked my drivers on some par 4 holes. I currently have three fuses in my bag and plan on adding a fourth soon.

I too am a huge Fuse fan and rely on them heavily. My pink opto's been in the bag since I got it when it first came out and it is a thing of beauty.

Love me some Fuse talk...

I'm really starting to get my TM Fuse pretty beat. It has such a late turn that I'm finding really useful.

It's such a great disc I don't even.

well I received an opto Villain and opto Pure today. not sure when I'll be able to throw them. the Pure is well beautiful! the Villain feels like it will be dangerous. Reminds me of a Z Force (feel only, no flight observations).

Just because some one said, "Do you really need three fuses in your bag, they are all the same disc."
Here goes:
178g opto, My low line line maker. Turns a little bit more than my others and turns SLOW. For shooting low tunnels flip to flat holding straight with a very late right turn finish.
179g GL My high turner. For those shots that go high and must keep going right.
178g GL My go to fuse. Been in the bag longest. Surprisingly neutral. 50% power 300' dead straight with a little play first right then left. Good for shooting flat comfortable mid height shots.

I would like a GLopto fuse mostly because I love the grip that high urethane GL has. Feels great, releases smooth.

OK so you get me going on the fuse then leave me hanging. I can't stop once I start when it comes to the best disc ever molded... THE FUSE!

Got some nice tester discs, TM2 Pure and Vision and an Opto Pure to boot. Additionally turso bought a Villain, so lots of new stuff to test. =)

jubuttib said:
Got some nice tester discs, TM2 Pure and Vision and an Opto Pure to boot. Additionally turso bought a Villain, so lots of new stuff to test. =)
a-HA! So they do have Opto and TM2 Pures at PG, they just haven't put them on the web shop yet. Well, they have been quite busy with moving the store, but now I have a really good reason to visit their new location on the opening day :) Can't wait to get my hands on some of those.

vto said:
jubuttib said:
a-HA! So they do have Opto and TM2 Pures at PG, they just haven't put them on the web shop yet. Well, they have been quite busy with moving the store, but now I have a really good reason to visit their new location on the opening day :) Can't wait to get my hands on some of those.
To my understanding they had one of each at the moment, and they're not going to get any more of the TM2's. =)

jubuttib said:
vto said:
jubuttib said:
To my understanding they had one of each at the moment, and they're not going to get any more of the TM2's. =)
Well, damn. :( I'm not that sad about the TM2's really, as I'm very happy with my Zeros for putting, but I need those Optos for driving and approaches!

vto said:
jubuttib said:
vto said:
jubuttib said:
Well, damn. :( I'm not that sad about the TM2's really, as I'm very happy with my Zeros for putting, but I need those Optos for driving and approaches!
Oh, they're coming, you just have to wait a bit. =)

I cant remember if it was said here or not. Are the bird stamp strikers going away and we will go back to the traditional gl look, or is the change permanent. I need some new strikers but Ipwant the old gl ones.

Jelyman said:
I cant remember if it was said here or not. Are the bird stamp strikers going away and we will go back to the traditional gl look, or is the change permanent. I need some new strikers but Ipwant the old gl ones.

Going away.

turso said:
Jelyman said:

Going away.

Cool thanks. One more question do they fly any different?