• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

Strikers can already fly like Firebirds, Valkyries or anything in between. =)

Jelyman said:
turso said:
Jelyman said:
I cant remember if it was said here or not. Are the bird stamp strikers going away and we will go back to the traditional gl look, or is the change permanent. I need some new strikers but Ipwant the old gl ones.

Going away.

Cool thanks. One more question do they fly any different?

I remember someone saying the bird stamped run was shit, but I doubt he tried that many of em out to make a proper assessment. And as jubuttib pointed out, you can find Strikers from firebird to beat DX leopard stabilities.

Ha ok. Yeah my older strikers were of the firebird type but after that they were pretty consistent for me. Never seen the beat dx leopard kind and hope to never see them. :)

Jelyman said:
Ha ok. Yeah my older strikers were of the firebird type but after that they were pretty consistent for me. Never seen the beat dx leopard kind and hope to never see them. :)

They've been really good lately. The firebird-esque ones were very rare and must have been a very small run that got fubar'd. Then you have the early run flat ones that everyone loved, and then there's the domier ones that really flew great and had really great carry. The only super flippy ones appear to be among a similar lot size as the firebird ones hidden among the bird stamps.

While i'm thinking about it, what's up with Rivers these days? They lost a lot of dome and are extra freakin flippy now from what i've seen.

Jeronimo said:
While i'm thinking about it, what's up with Rivers these days? They lost a lot of dome and are extra freakin flippy now from what i've seen.

Yeah one of the two rivers I just picked up seems to be this way.

Jeronimo said:

Lately I've noticed that you have to have a FR river with you to get what you want by comparing them...the PLH, dome and the DIAMETER of the disc is all over. Was lucky enough to find a very nice golden GL last week which I snatched up.

The largest diameter difference is with my only red golden colourshift, it's about 2mm smaller in diameter than my orange recently acquired one. The orange is fraction of a mm larger than my FR royal blue.

Haven't done any extensive research into this, but I suspect the smaller the diameter the flippyer rivers get. Of course there's the omnipotent PLH who rules in the end.

Jeronimo said:
Jelyman said:

They've been really good lately. The firebird-esque ones were very rare and must have been a very small run that got fubar'd. Then you have the early run flat ones that everyone loved, and then there's the domier ones that really flew great and had really great carry. The only super flippy ones appear to be among a similar lot size as the firebird ones hidden among the bird stamps.

Scored a batch of probably FR flat strikers, why are these liked? I've only thrown one of these which I deflashed and it's flipcity. Usable, but not really a striker as I know them.

And the weird thing is that each of these have a very high PLH, as does the very flippy one.

It was my favorite roller disc til I tried to throw a non roller and lost it, lol.

Ok so little update. I couldn't be patient so I went and bought two of the bird strikers. They werent bad pretty straight and holding lines nicely and overall pretty reliable. They were both at 170. So I decided to get the last one our local shop had, a max weight opto, hoping I would find a little more fade. As it turns out it was a great investment because now I have a strikeopard lol. Threw it on a bit of hyzerbomb, flipped up, but then went right right right right right STOP!!!! Lol.

Anyway fun stuff I will still find a use for it.

Jelyman said:
Ok so little update. I couldn't be patient so I went and bought two of the bird strikers. They werent bad pretty straight and holding lines nicely and overall pretty reliable. They were both at 170. So I decided to get the last one our local shop had, a max weight opto, hoping I would find a little more fade. As it turns out it was a great investment because now I have a strikeopard lol. Threw it on a bit of hyzerbomb, flipped up, but then went right right right right right STOP!!!! Lol.

Anyway fun stuff I will still find a use for it.

Aw crap...I thought I got the only strikleopards...bad sign.

I believe he is asking for people have tried both the Anode and the Opto Pure to give their opinions on which is longer, faster and probably better.