• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

Jeronimo said:
jubuttib said:
Jeronimo said:
It all sounds good, but then again everything always does.
The Vulcan, Archon, TeeDevil, Krait, Wahoo and Mamba never even sounded good.
Whoa whoa whoa, the Teedevil certainly sounded good. The Krait did too for that matter. I would argue they're both very good discs in their own rights as well. I like the Krait in particular a lot.
They sounded like just another warp speeders achieved by mixing and matching parts, so not good. The fact that they turned out to be decent or even good discs is largely irrelevant. =)

Got a EZE mercy, it's pretty good. More stable than I thought. Don't think I'm really gonna use it so if anyone is interested I'll trade it to you for some random DX or KC roc or aviar. it's 175 and pink and thrown a few times.

I found some special 2 piece Halloween Roc at a course in Sanford. It has some guy's name on it that starts with Matt. got a phone number too. I'll deal,you that 2 piece Roc for your Mercy. Hey, I'm a good guy!

A MAJOR shout out to Opto Pure 176!!! This thing is tits and drives great with more HSS than earlier incarnations (mine has flash the size of what you get in Innova discs) and it putts well. The plastic is the other big deal about it on top of the added HSS. Only the Premium plastic in Prodiscus discs has a better grip in harder plastics. This blend of Opto is softer than any other Opto i've felt by a good deal still remaining hard and not bending on hard rips so pretty close to optimal other than it could be even more tacky. Most won't need it but dry skin in cold Finnish summer between rain spells could benefit from even more tackiness. While the Sole is grippier it ain't as hard and it ain't plastic :-D

Extremely well done Latitude this disc was absolutely worth the wait!!! Tack so jävla mycket killar!!!!

Opto Pure, when thrown flat goes straight past 300' even into slight headwinds. Very consistent.

I just got a 174g mercy in the mail today, so I thought I would make my first post here a productive contribution

inthedrift said:
Would you mind posting a profile pic of the Mercy or maybe at least describe it?

Sorry about the quality. All I have is my cell at work with me, so it's the best I can do.

x370nd.jpg

2w4bsc7.jpg

orm9zq.jpg

rmpk4l.jpg

I haven't had a chance to throw it yet and probably won't until tomorrow evening. I do like the feel of the EZE plastic though. It's almost comparable to Star. It's not as slick and probably a little stiffer. I don't have my other discs with me to make an actual plastic comparison, so I'm just guessing a bit. It has a little bit of tack to it, but it's not outrageous.

Thanks Three Puttz! Your pic definitely shows the profile, which is what I was wanting to see. It looks unlike any putter mold I've seen, I'm definitely going to try one out.

Three Puttz said:
I just got a 174g mercy in the mail today, so I thought I would make my first post here a productive contribution

this is a pretty refreshing thing to hear...

Got to throw a Saint today... only got a few throws out with it, but here's a quick review...

Threw a 171 GL... It did straight... very well with a little bit of anny. It was not as overstable as I thought it would be. You'd have to give it a bunch of air on an anny to see the fade. I only got about 8 throws with it, but it did hold its line very well.

I think I'm going to go with a 168-170 GL so that I can easily throw the straight shot, and keep the bigger fades for my PD's... which I'm pretty well stocked up on now.

so it flew closer to the new flight ratings compared to the older ones? was the one you threw flat or domey? i started out preferring gold line to opto, but lately i've been digging opto over gold line in general. are both plastics gonna be available initially?

and also, i'd love it if these snuck online before the first and were available to preorder and just didn't ship until the release date.

dehaas said:
so it flew closer to the new flight ratings compared to the older ones? was the one you threw flat or domey? i started out preferring gold line to opto, but lately i've been digging opto over gold line in general. are both plastics gonna be available initially?

mine was moderately domey...

both plastics will be available.

On the first ;)

1.) so EZE is more like Grip?
2.) the mercy kinda looks like a blunt nosed Aviar P&A (just from those pictures)
3.) Saint flies like good striker or more OS or more like good PD?

keltik said:
1.) so EZE is more like Grip?
2.) the mercy kinda looks like a blunt nosed Aviar P&A (just from those pictures)
3.) Saint flies like good striker or more OS or more like good PD?
I don't have any experience with the Grip line, so I can't say. The EZE is definitely softer than dx plastic, but stiffer than star without being slick. It's hard to explain and I'm sure it will change once I get a chance to grime it up for a few rounds.

The Aviar is fatter than the Mercy. It's shoulder is more obtuse, but the rim depth of the two are pretty close. If anything, the Aviar's rim is slightly deeper. To look at them side by side, it's surprising that their rims are so close because the gradual curve of the Aviar's wing and the straight angle, as opposed to the slight bevel of the Mercy, make the Aviar's profile look a lot fatter than the Mercy.

I hope any of that made sense. I will try to take a pic of the two beside each other here in a little bit.

The EZE mercy I have gets chunked easily. Threw it like 4 times and it is getting chewed up, reminds me of the legacy base line plastic in that way or that crappy pro-d that came out a while ago.

cool comparison pics with the Aviar!

You mentioned Star plastic so much in your review it made me think Grip Line. So according to Frank it is more like the Pro-Cheese blend. I actually kinda liked that blend, especially for putters.

I am just glad I stocked up on zero pures. I personally don't care for eze plastic and most all putters are too beefy feeling for me so zero pure=$$$. I have high hopes for the rumored soft "eze" won't need any any time soon though.