• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

If the Core was +1 more in HSS, I'd use it exclusively. It's too understable for me to have a higher confidence level with it.

I started with a Shark, then I went to the Roc, and then I went Buzzz crazy. Then I found the Core. I felt weird about the Core because it flew like I thought the buzzz was supposed to but farther and easier. Now I absolutely love the Core. I want to try the Warship and see how it compares to the Core. The only thing I can say the Buzzz has over the Core is that the Buzzz is better at FH shots (for me anyway).

But yes the Core doesn't get as much love as the MD2 on here. The MD2 is a great disc. I just love the Core (and Lat 64° in general) right now.

Jeronimo said:
If the Core was +1 more in HSS, I'd use it exclusively. It's too understable for me to have a higher confidence level with it.
This is my major beef with the Core. It is a good disc, but if it didn't turn so easily when pushed (or in a headwind) it would be a great disc. It sort of sits on the fence, being too LSS to really work as an understable mid and not being HSS enough to be a good straight mid.

The mercy nose is totally unique. Not like anything else I've seen from any other company. Props for not copying someone else's mold

My second opto pure ace!!! http://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Orchard_Park/Hole_5

jubuttib said:
Jeronimo said:
This is my major beef with the Core. It is a good disc, but if it didn't turn so easily when pushed (or in a headwind) it would be a great disc. It sort of sits on the fence, being too LSS to really work as an understable mid and not being HSS enough to be a good straight mid.

That is the description for a third to a half of all mids.

That would be why I like the warship so much. Just enough turn to be useful but not overbearingly overstable.

JR said:
jubuttib said:
Jeronimo said:
That's why they're not great mids.

jubuttib said:
JR said:
jubuttib said:
Jeronimo said:
That's why they're not great mids.
Beat me to it.

jubuttib said:
Jeronimo said:

Exactly how I feel

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

gknmnstr said:
That would be why I like the warship so much. Just enough turn to be useful but not overbearingly overstable.

I think just such a disc (Coyote falls into that description at power for me flying straighter not turning to the right as quickly) is a great compliment to a straight to slightly overstable disc. That way Warship/Coyote/some Cores at least do well in slight annies and also tight turns. Roc and Buzzz are way different bag building wise as a compliment to Warship/Coyote/Core etc. type discs in that the Roc doesn't turn that fast to the right and it changes angles in slow motion whereas a steeply annied Buzzz turns right straight from the hand and ends up farther right than the Coyote, probably the Warship and i think more than the Core.

Bag building wise complimented with a beefier disc Core/Coyote/Warship and the likes can make a beautiful pairing. But here's my heresy: A flat topped high PLH Z Buzzz won't turn for me even in some headwind and flies radically fast hard right in a super tight bend landing hella short at lightning speeds rolling and skipping with low apexes and flexing to flat at say 13'+ apexes depending on the anny angle. Combine the shorter much more slowly sideways moving and angle changing DX Rancho Roc rotation and you get two molds that fly well straight or straight and slightly left depending on apex height and D with new ones and absolute lasers on lower shots or properly broken in Roc and mild slow accurate minor steps L>R placement with more used Rocs. Add an overstable Glo Z Buzzz and you cover moderately overstable to understable/roller duties with the main rivals in disc golf. Gaining the best of both worlds in the ease of grip in the Buzzz (FH especially) and durability added to the Rocs thanks to the Z Plastic that cover half to more of the shots. That slows down the Roc rotation saving money as long as you don't lose money beat Rocs. And oddly enough a new Z Buzzz goes farther right than most Rocs.

I just saw lat64 stats for the saint. It looks like this might be replacing my strikers.

It's going to be a fun disc to put through the wringer no doubt, but it'll take time before it establishes the same level of confidence with me as my Strikers have. The Strikers have had a couple years head start to mesh with me on the Saint though, in all fairness...

It all sounds good, but then again everything always does. I'm wondering if this will be one of those deals where people will become enamored with the Saint for a time then start to reacquire their tastes for the Striker because of its versatility. Much like what I hear many people say who have switched from Teebirds to Eagles. Time will tell.

Jeronimo said:
It's going to be a fun disc to put through the wringer no doubt, but it'll take time before it establishes the same level of confidence with me as my Strikers have. The Strikers have had a couple years head start to mesh with me on the Saint though, in all fairness...

It all sounds good, but then again everything always does. I'm wondering if this will be one of those deals where people will become enamored with the Saint for a time then start to reacquire their tastes for the Striker because of its versatility. Much like what I hear many people say who have switched from Teebirds to Eagles. Time will tell.

Yeah I hear ya. I am just excited at the potential I guess. My strikers will be staying in the bag unless I'm thoroughly convinced. I just want to see them go on sale somewhere so I can try one out.

Jeronimo said:
It all sounds good, but then again everything always does.
The Vulcan, Archon, TeeDevil, Krait, Wahoo and Mamba never even sounded good.

jubuttib said:
Jeronimo said:
It all sounds good, but then again everything always does.
The Vulcan, Archon, TeeDevil, Krait, Wahoo and Mamba never even sounded good.

Whoa whoa whoa, the Teedevil certainly sounded good. The Krait did too for that matter. I would argue they're both very good discs in their own rights as well. I like the Krait in particular a lot.