• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

On the L64 launchers facebook page Tomas made a cryptic comment that would seem to indicate the possibility of eze going OOP. "Eze come, eze go... Thats my reaction... No more comments for now."
Personally I prefer zero. Have a two year old zero pure I love as my main putter.

14C rain and the EZE Mercy started slipping out at times in drives and all the time in putts with a lighter grip. Man i need a gluey disc for these conditions. It was a 5 course marathon day starting out somewhat weary so i might not have problems in better weather and fresh. As if that happens often.

As if that is the worst problem i have. I had a few putts today where my fingers straightened out in forcible override from the subconscious to alleviate the stress in the arm. How dysfunctional is that after blasting 400' on many shots? ARGH! Plastic material doesn't help much in that a really tacky plastic gives a little error margin at closer ranges.

I threw the Mercy on my most played rocky course and it fared fine in all the annies that weren't tightly turning in the beginning. I can't tell how it would have fared if i had thrown it. I scored well so no complaints. Actually i was impressed how well it annied and help up in the rough terrain. I would very much like to see this disc continued in production.

Well I played a lunchtime quicky with just my GL Core and I have to say that it may go back in the bag. I got some really good FH shots out of it and I was able to range it better than a Buzzz (BH). But like others have said it can be just weird.

Have we come to any consensus about the Saint yet?

I just plain don't like the Core. It's got such a thin feeling rim to me and I swear if it's not flying close to flat it just drops like lead. I've even got an ace with one and I still don't like it.

I would like a consensus about the Saint too. I threw Sloppy Disc's 168 GL at Cedarock the other weekend and was pleasantly surprised by the glide. I really liked how it S-curved easily, a nice tight one like a Viking except it had actual glide. I even overthrew hole #4 from the whites quite a bit w/o putting much effort into it.

BrotherDave said:
I would like a consensus about the Saint too. I threw Sloppy Disc's 168 GL at Cedarock the other weekend and was pleasantly surprised by the glide. I really liked how it S-curved easily, a nice tight one like a Viking except it had actual glide.

More talk about the Saint is needed, yes! Here or in the Saint thread?

I'm glad you mentioned the Viking. Bought two Opto Saints (172/175g). They're pretty identical in flight. They kinda reminded me of my good old Champ Valkyrie (very stable for a Valk) that I threw in a pond a while ago. I was hitting them somewhere at 100 meters, thrown flat or a gently hyzer, low lines. The flightpath was straight or a tiny S-curve, always a dependable fade in the end. Glided well if I was able to keep the nose down.

My form is pretty shitty at the moment. If I had the time to do some field practice, I'm pretty sure I could push them 10 meters further (that would be like 360ft, right?).

I think the Saint gives controlled distance for us maxing @ 350'-375', just like Latitude promises. Turso wrote that they become very flippy if you push them much over 400'. Well, not my problem. :(

I have tried one (just one!) GL Saint. It was noticeably more understable than the Optos I have. Still a nice disc, probably a bit longer too.

Not very flippy, you can get them over 400' and still get a fade, but the risk starts there for low ceiling throws turning over and never coming back. I like the disc, just didn't fit the bill I wanted it to.

I think I like the Core because it is weird. It is a more neutral mid but it can take power. It is shapeable but more like a buzzz/md2 rather than a Roc. It also has a much lower power requirement than the Buzzz/MD2. and it does FH just fine. and I think I would like to see it in EZE. but that's just me.

I need to get off my brains and check out more Lat drivers. any recommendations?

Most of their drivers are very nice, only one I wouldn't recommend is the Striker because of its notorious inconsistency, but the good ones are pretty great.

I already own 3 strikers of 3 different stabilities. Well my first run Opto and Eagle Stamp GL are close (the FR Opto being the nicest/straightest) but I also have one of the FB stable Optos. I think they are getting there in consistency. I think.

Yeah, Tompa mentioned that they honed the manufacturing over the winter, but I've been burned for good on Striker front.

oh man I just saw the Opto Air thing on their site. Didn't they just do the whole Diamond/Ruby/Pearl set as a lightweight exclusive??

keltik said:
oh man I just saw the Opto Air thing on their site. Didn't they just do the whole Diamond/Ruby/Pearl set as a lightweight exclusive??

Not as much an exclusive as a line-up for younger and weaker throwers.

Not really... Small rimmed understable discs in light weight are for beginners, but wide overstable discs in light weight is all about throwing big annys into left to right tail cross wind just for the sake of throwing far. Much harder to actually use on the course but tremendous distance, that is the goal.

Latest posts