• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

keltik said:
true. but isn't the whole super light disc phenomena about the "weaker" crowd?
Don't know, don't care - but I would test the River and Saint in the mid-150s. I am delighted to see L64 make discs for the old and creaky crowd.

Edit: I see that the River is not listed. No problem - I find Diamonds more predictable (in calm conditions, anyway).

Speaking of which, a recently-ordered stack of orange 154ish Diamonds have more HSS than the last batch, and the orange shows up better than the invisible reds. I love working Diamonds in the woods.

westside is on board as well the king will be out soon. I would love to see a 150's boatman. i wish they mabe the diamonds a little heavier. 165 would kick ass.

I throw a TR 159 and an Opto 159 Diamond on occasion. I really like them when I use them. Should really use them a lot more as they are very consistent. I am looking forward to the light Saints. One around 155-159 would be fun I bet.

Opto air is working much better for me than blizzard. Had a few tree hits so far and no major damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-FF-0Dwydk
Random shots with various L64 pures. Zero, opto, and GL plastic.

Gknmstr, which plastic do you like the best for the pure?

The pure never fit my putting style, but it looks like you got it nailed. I still love mine for driving and approaching. Have you tried it FH? It is quite versatile.

I love sparkle opto. Just wanted to add that.

Also I had a VIP sword chunk on me today during its maiden flight. Anyone seen this on newer runs of opto/VIP?

Opto and VIP are so hard and brittle that hitting metal, rocks and glass leave much bigger marks than with Z and Champ. So far i haven't seen chunking but deep scraping mainly when hitting hard objects.

JR said:
Opto and VIP are so hard and brittle that hitting metal, rocks and glass leave much bigger marks than with Z and Champ. So far i haven't seen chunking but deep scraping mainly when hitting hard objects.
Funnily enough I've hard the opposite happen to my VIP, it absorbs damage really well and even retains it's shape better than many Champ blends, which can get dented and don't return to their original shape. I don't have a single hard VIP disc, though I understand that these do exist.

yeah my experience is closer to jubutib's. I've tacoed a z comet before, but most opto blends I've had have been more like indestructible.

this was a sparkle VIP sword though and it was a harder blend.

@keltik, I just love the pure. I have five in my bag and plan to add a sixth (beat in production GL). My favorite plastic for putting is Zero and I love both opto and GL for driving. For putting I have found that the white and blue work the best for me. They seem to be softer and chalkier. I have used the same blue zero for 2 years (six months less than I have been playing total) and it seems to have great plastic memory always coming out of tacos and warps. For driving I love the feel of both opto and GL. Tacky not grippy for smooth releases, GL feels just a little better. For workhorse drives I like my opto. Handles well into slight headwind (((((((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejynN5QMDP4))))))))) I like GL for shots that go right late in flight. GL is a very nice slightly understable compliment to the slightly overstable (relatively) opto pure.

The only softer Opto i have is a Pure. For hard Optos tree hits are nothing. Rocks present a real problem. GL in the rocks eat up the plastic with a lot of scraping in the first round on my rocky home course.

There is a course I play less frequently than others in the area, but I still play. A significant portion of the course is over an abandoned parking lot that grinds discs to pieces. My opto pure is ugly as none other and has all sorts of cosmetic scrapes and scuffs, the stamp is almost gone, but it still flies the same. It won't beat in.

I agree, once the flashing is removed, it seems that the driver opto is now impervious to change. Or at least through normal use. I am quite sure someone has sucked one up into a snowmobile track or accidentally had one shot by duck hunters or some such shenanigans and now their opto disc rolls like saltwater croc. Snowmobiles and duck hunters aside, opto flies the same now as the day I toweled off the flashing. That said, the putter opto is a bit different and I do feel wear and tear is affecting (effecting?) flight over time.

What's the deal with these Strawberry Mercys? I'm thinking about cheating on the Wizard and the Mercy is at the front of the line.

TLapham said:
What's the deal with these Strawberry Mercys? I'm thinking about cheating on the Wizard and the Mercy is at the front of the line.

It's a red Zero Mercy that smells of strawberries.

It smells like strawberries too??? orales

Well I picked up a premier Mirus today in a used bin. Looks in great shape and I think it's grip line but not sure. What does it do? It didn't get much talk on here when it came out. anyone have any experience with these or did I buy a wall hanger. It looks interesting and feels good.

Word up. I'll give it a fair shake.

I still need to replace the Opto Pure I lost yesterday. I spent most of my lunch break looking for that one.

So I picked up an EZE Spike and Pure yesterday. I like this current blend of EZE, it feels a bit waxy but I like that. The Spike was an awesome surprise. It's kinda like a faster Polecat. and y'all know I'm coo-coo for polekitties. the EZE Pure was a Pure. I realized how much I missed the Pure after losing my Opto. anyone care to comment on the beat in pattern for the EZE Pure?

anyone know if Lat has definite plans for EZE/Zero runs of their mids and drivers?

Latest posts