• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

If anyone cares, Fury and Underworld are unthrowable molds to me. Rivers I can command, though they are still understable, but they will fly far. Stag's and newer Saint's are pretty awesome. Escape's are pretty sweet too. I forget what DD's flippy driver was called again but I was actually able to get a few good tosses out of a new one of those too. Very interested with the Truth right now to be honest...

I agree, I bought a Fury hoping for a longer leo, but the thing just dumps right unless I'm throwing with a tail wind. Powered way down it won't flip, but it's super touchy and not at all what I was hoping for. I had the same experience with the Bolt. Just burned instead of turning. The Renegade is a much better turning driver imo. Just a little longer than I was looking for.

went to a local course today JUST for minis (since i dont have any) and the guy behind the counter showed me the new to them LAT 64 line. i thought the plastics were gorgeous in the gold line, and he and i struck a deal for a few free rounds of golf and a mini if i got 3 discs. sure (while i know its not the deal of the century, i liked his salesmanship. and i was going to get the mini anyway)

i came home since i wasnt prepared to play today, and tossed the Flow, Bolt and Pain (just because of the name) out in the school field and man, the Bolt is impressive! for me, with a flat standard throw it flies right then stalls and comes back to the left. all in all, it seems to stay within 2 disc widths when flying, and ends up within a disc width or so of what you pointed it at.

so basically it makes a slow right curve to a semi quick left turn, an overall "S" and ends up basically in a straight line.

the other 2, well im still out on them. they both seem to fly well, but with a hard hyzer at the end. pretty hard left hook, so im going to work on them and see where that gets me.

went to a local course today JUST for minis (since i dont have any) and the guy behind the counter showed me the new to them LAT 64 line. i thought the plastics were gorgeous in the gold line, and he and i struck a deal for a few free rounds of golf and a mini if i got 3 discs. sure (while i know its not the deal of the century, i liked his salesmanship. and i was going to get the mini anyway)

i came home since i wasnt prepared to play today, and tossed the Flow, Bolt and Pain (just because of the name) out in the school field and man, the Bolt is impressive! for me, with a flat standard throw it flies right then stalls and comes back to the left. all in all, it seems to stay within 2 disc widths when flying, and ends up within a disc width or so of what you pointed it at.

so basically it makes a slow right curve to a semi quick left turn, an overall "S" and ends up basically in a straight line.

the other 2, well im still out on them. they both seem to fly well, but with a hard hyzer at the end. pretty hard left hook, so im going to work on them and see where that gets me.

discmonkey42 said:
I agree, I bought a Fury hoping for a longer leo, but the thing just dumps right unless I'm throwing with a tail wind. Powered way down it won't flip, but it's super touchy and not at all what I was hoping for. I had the same experience with the Bolt. Just burned instead of turning. The Renegade is a much better turning driver imo. Just a little longer than I was looking for.

Wow my Fury GL silver is much more HSS than that but my Bolt is one of the most understable discs i have ever thrown and unusable because of it. My Fury is more HSS than my Rivers from two years back. I heard that they made very flippy Rivers last year. The Fury does flip a few degrees but only a few at 400' power with warp speeders.

Jeronimo said:
Why the hell won't companies stamp run #'s!? This shit is really getting old.

I tend to agree. I've pared my bag down to just absolute necessities and haven't bothered to even try replace lost discs. My favorite disc so far this year is the Bite. I have weird dreams about playing with an oversized messenger bag filled with an UltraStar, a Bite, a SuperHero and a Zephyr. Strangely I think Chuck Kennedy is right about superclass.

The misprint pack as a whole is pretty playable, but on the understable side. Westside contribution is: Underworld/Warship/Tursas. DD was Renegade/Suspect/Judge. The disc I wanted most was not included. :cry: :x

I tried to search this thread but couldn't find the order of stability difference between the plastics. I have recently switched to all latitude disc (I'm a bit OCD) and am currently throwing all Gold Lines with the exception of my recycled Pure (straightest flying putter ever) and soft sinus. Starting with most stable to least stable would it be...?
Opto
Zero Hard
Gold Line
Recycled
Zero Soft

Thanks for any feed back.

I would say recycled is more stable than Gold Line in my somewhat limited experience. I might rate it ahead in stability to Zero Hard as well. For me, Gold Line has always been the least stable of the plastics as far as being able to turn it over and having less HSS.

Not sure about that. I'd say Opto is most stable of them all.

HSS is shorthand for High Speed Stability, which by my understanding is how much the disc turns or tracks right after a clean release. For a disc with positive high speed stability, the line the disc travels at speed given the proper release is like a scythe or candy cane. A disc with negative high speed stability it looks more like a softened question mark.

Thanks aerodriver. I love my recycled pure but wanting something a bit more stable to throw off the tee on short holes as well as something for hyzer approaches.

aggietex08 said:
Thanks aerodriver. I love my recycled pure but wanting something a bit more stable to throw off the tee on short holes as well as something for hyzer approaches.

For winds, even the most stable Pure won't cut it. I love my flat champ Rhyno for those shots. Others on here can suggest options as well.

Another disc to consider is the Judge. It's a Pure with a small bead...or so I think. It has a bead that's really not too noticeable IMO. Now, it won't be nearly as overstable as a Rhyno, but it will be super straight like the Pure, with a little more bite at the end when new. For driving putters, I'm throwing: Champ Rhyno, Fuzion Judge, and a Classic Hard Judge (beat).

Your mileage may vary. Find a mold you like across all plastics and stages of wear and stick with it.

Pure with a bead is just not right. The profiles are not similar at all. If anything, the Pure is a Zone with shoulders to make less stable(over for you people that speak this way). I have some pics I think

Stag is not overstable. Numbers are decieving. Very straight disc with some fade at the end. If a big arm throws it it will go right.

If looking for a rhyno type driving putter look at the Sinus.

If you're looking for a more overstable Pure, try the PA2 from Prodigy. It's a great disc, but it doesn't cover the same amount of lines that the Pure does for me. It will certainly stand up to the wind better than any of my Pures will though.

Latest posts