• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

Thanks for the replies. I have a soft sinus I have thrown once but it felt weird to throw as a drive since its texture is soft. Too bad they don't make a GL, Opto or Recycled Sinus. The putter material just feels off if you are not putting for me, even the hard. Might just have to tone down my pain and see if that works.

They can't get the Sinus to a legal weight in the premium plastcs. So until they make a 175 air sinus ill just keep buying them every couple months or so.

Jeronimo said:
If you're looking for a more overstable Pure, try the PA2 from Prodigy. It's a great disc, but it doesn't cover the same amount of lines that the Pure does for me. It will certainly stand up to the wind better than any of my Pures will though.

I had a couple 10-15mph headwind drives around 270' this weekend with my PA2. Thrown flatish into that wind and they still faded a hair, great compliment to a straight flier like the pure or judge.

I tested the recycled pure for putter drives and found it to be equally HSS to my fusion judge but slightly less LSS, basically overlap. I really like the recycled's buzzz like feel in hand but prefer the judges bead for putting so I went all judge (fusion for drives, hard for upshots and putts, and soft for scary roll away greens).

This isn't a L64 question in general but when thumb tomahawking a disc is it better for it to be a stable or under stable disc? Domey or flat? I used to have a tomahawk disc that I loved but gave it away and was not sure what disc it was. I rarely tomahawk as it hurts my shoulder but using that 136g blizzard wasn't bad. Was wondering if a opto air diamond light would work? Or maybe an opto air saint/halo even though it would be 10-20g heavier?

you can throw any disc you want to over head. How quickly the disc turns/flips/rolls depends on its stability. flippy discs will roll faster and appear to spike harder and thus fly a shorter distance. Hoggish discs will resist the roll longer and thus fly farther. and yes overhead shots will wear your shoulder out if you do not train for them or use proper technique.

keltik said:
you can throw any disc you want to over head. How quickly the disc turns/flips/rolls depends on its stability. flippy discs will roll faster and appear to spike harder and thus fly a shorter distance. Hoggish discs will resist the roll longer and thus fly farther. and yes overhead shots will wear your shoulder out if you do not train for them or use proper technique.
In addition to stability the speed of the disc is a factor as well. None of the mega overstable warp speed drivers like Stiletto or Nuke OS turn as slowly as a good Opto XXX, a 1st Run Premium RESPECTi or a nice flat Champ Firebird. And when it comes to distance, at some point the extra glide you get from a really slow turning disc like the XXX doesn't help you as much as the faster speed/lower drag of a warp speed driver, so many good OH throwers can get more distance from a Stiletto than an XXX, whereas for most people it's the other way around. And of course they will fly on very different lines as well. =)

Also you can change the apparent glide of a non xxx overstable warp speeder by releasing it tilted so that it will fly flat for a longer time. At least if you have enough power overhead to flip the disc enough. Experimentation with the release angle can you give added distance easily.

JR said:
Also you can change the apparent glide of a non xxx overstable warp speeder by releasing it tilted so that it will fly flat for a longer time. At least if you have enough power overhead to flip the disc enough. Experimentation with the release angle can you give added distance easily.
Tilted what way? A right hand thumber with a faster flipping disc should flip around at about the same rate almost regardless of angle, as long as it's angled to the right, so you'd just be reducing the time it flies flat. Angle it to the left though and it might cross over to huge anhyzer territory and not fly on a normal thumber line at all.

But yeah, angling the disc is a thing you basically need to learn if you want to utilize overheads properly, you can change the flight a lot with it. The XXX and RESPECTi flip so slowly for me that I need to throw them with quite a lot of angle to get them to have a full flight at all, throwing them vertically will just make them grenade straight up and down. =)

I'm very anxious to hear how it flies. An s or p pd in opto/gold line may just make me switch. The lucid escape I have is pretty p-pd like but I haven't played with it enough to know if it is as reliably lss.

Ordering two saint pros. A 167-169 and a Max weight. Also bought a 173 gold line saint for comparison. Might just have me a bag full of latitude discs soon.

Got my Saint and Saint Pros today. Ended up getting a 172 instead of the 167-169. Testing Wednesday if the weather treats me well. I hear that it may be a lot more neutral than I thought which makes me think it might be a bit more versatile than my rivers. Probably wont hold annys as nicely though.

Early report! They're actually overstable! A bit slower than a pd (no kidding!) My 175 shows zero turn at about 325. The 172 seems to go a bit (50ft?) further straight before fading. Seems pretty typical for latitude stuff as far as stability between weights.

A saint pro/saint setup could possibly replace pds for me. And it probably will in an all latitude produced short bag!

Do latitude discs generally take a long time to break in? I recently purchased a GL Flow and an Opto River and am surprised by the results. The flow has been in the bag for a month and has been thrown a pretty good amount; nonetheless, it is still about the same stability as the D1 I bought at the time. The numbers given on the westside website are 11,5,-2,1. I dont see that -2 turn unless Im throwing into a 15+mph headwind. Anyway I'm pumped to have my flow do what it does because it bombs 400+ while holding a hyzer the whole time...
The river on the other hand doesn't go any farther than my comet. This disc has barely been thrown; and maybe I havent figured out the right lines for it yet, but in field testing I couldnt find any reason to bag it. It flew on the same straightish left to right lines as my comet and the two discs wound up 10 feet from each other on the majority of the throws. Does the river just need to break in to release the glide? Who knows, I may just have super comets and a regular river...

The only rivers I have really liked have been the heavy gold lines that are kinda flattish. They glide forever! Holds a very long Anny before barely fading out

tjh0188 said:
The only rivers I have really liked have been the heavy gold lines that are kinda flattish. They glide forever! Holds a very long Anny before barely fading out

I've found this too with flatter GL Rivers. The Opto's are usually more domey.

limonsock: try deflashing Lat 64 and Westside discs when you first get them if they are flying overstable compared to their stated flight numbers.

Latest posts