• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

You've convinced me to try an Opto. I think I'll go ~170g, just like the rest of my drivers, and see how it flies.

I'll report back.

Finally got to chunk my 161 Opto River. :thmbup::clap: It is indeed a thing of magic. It took a pretty good headwind without burning to the ground or hitting orbit, too. Looks like its a real winner. Now to get more.

How do the LE Rivers compare to the Gold? I haven't thrown any Rivers yet, but I'm looking at maybe buying 2 170 LEs next week and wanted to see if anyone had any input on how I can expect them to fly. I could order a couple of mid-160s Golds from Clearwater as well, but sounds like the LEs break in pretty quick and then sit in the sweet spot for a good while. Hoping for that straight to understable throw the River is always touted as being.

Opinions?

How do the LE Rivers compare to the Gold? I haven't thrown any Rivers yet, but I'm looking at maybe buying 2 170 LEs next week and wanted to see if anyone had any input on how I can expect them to fly. I could order a couple of mid-160s Golds from Clearwater as well, but sounds like the LEs break in pretty quick and then sit in the sweet spot for a good while. Hoping for that straight to understable throw the River is always touted as being.

Opinions?

they beat in very fast, and become very flippy. reminds me of my beat in gl from the start, and just gets worse (or better if you like them that flippy). biggest problem with the flipping is its a quick flip instead of a nice slow turnover...which makes it hard to judge sometimes. but this is my personal opinion of course...others may have found something different. and for reference, i throw my opto/gl rivers on 330'-360' holes generally at about 80% power at the most so they get that nice slow turnover; RHBH

Opinions?

they beat in very fast, and become very flippy. reminds me of my beat in gl from the start, and just gets worse (or better if you like them that flippy). biggest problem with the flipping is its a quick flip instead of a nice slow turnover...which makes it hard to judge sometimes. but this is my personal opinion of course...others may have found something different. and for reference, i throw my opto/gl rivers on 330'-360' holes generally at about 80% power at the most so they get that nice slow turnover; RHBH

Yeah, the Test Material plastic isn't going to hold a sweet spot for very long. They start off River-esque, but the fade beats out very quickly. I threw them for a bit but they were never predictable for me.

River is one of my most favorite discs to throw in my almost 16 years of playing.

It's flight and glide is something else. Very easy to maneuver this disc. Straight or turnovers this disc has this. An Every now and then roller is good too. :thmbup:

Oddly, I just sold off a 172 TM River because it flew like a beefy brick.

Love my 164 GLs though. They fly as advertised. I watched my son season a 172 opto, and that disc was sweet, until it ended up in a lake.

Just buy the Gold Line and throw that...become amazed at its flight AND durability. Proceed to buy three more so you never be with out your go to driver in your bag!

Just buy the Gold Line and throw that...become amazed at its flight AND durability. Proceed to buy three more so you never be with out your go to driver in your bag!

The fact that Clearwater has GL Rivers down to 163 right now is really making me consider it. Maybe if I can get a Gold or Yellow in the low 160s from them...I wonder if they would look thru them for me if I called to place the order? :)

Color preference (color coding natch)

1) Gold/Yellow
2) Deep Blue.

Otherwise a pair of LE Rivers will do.

Clearwater is very cool about looking for a specific disc for you if you call. You can even order online and put a very specific request in the notes section and they will call you every time to make sure they pulled exactly what you wanted. GL River ftw! I love my seasoned 176... and the fresh one!

Clearwater is very cool about looking for a specific disc for you if you call. You can even order online and put a very specific request in the notes section and they will call you every time to make sure they pulled exactly what you wanted. GL River ftw! I love my seasoned 176... and the fresh one!

I walked thru teh order process and didn't notice a notes option. Maybe I overlooked it. I'll just call them :)

The fact that Clearwater has GL Rivers down to 163 right now is really making me consider it. Maybe if I can get a Gold or Yellow in the low 160s from them...I wonder if they would look thru them for me if I called to place the order? :)

1) Gold/Yellow
2) Deep Blue.

I just picked 3 used ones.:hfive: All GL in Dark Blue, Orange, and Yellow in 161 weight. Two of them will go in the bag along with my sweet GL 167 in that awesome Lat bright green-yellow color.:D

1) Gold/Yellow
2) Deep Blue.

I've gone to Clearwater in person looking for lightweight Rivers numerous times. What they show on their website doesn't mean they have it in stock....

I've gone through stacks and stacks without finding one lower than 171g.

When I asked about the fact that they advertise 160g on the site, I was told that they list every option - not just what they currently have. :confused:

When I asked about the fact that they advertise 160g on the site, I was told that they list every option - not just what they currently have. :confused:

LAME! heh. I have to wait till next week to order right now anyway. Have to be careful w/money this week sadly. At least I got some nice factory 2nds and x-outs last night heh

I will agree with this statement.

So far from my experience the new Opto flies exactly like my Gold Line,so yes SSquirrel would be better off with a Gold Line.

Now if you can find the Opto that is clear like Champion and not murkey then yes that one will be different than the new runs of Opto.

It's funny, I've been throwing Rivers for so long I've forgotten how sensitive they are. They don't seem that sensitive to me, but that's probably more due to the fact that I've been throwing them for almost a year now. I say this not to sound cool, but just to keep anyone from being scared off by their supposed sensitivity. I don't think it's quite that bad, and once you get used to it, it'll do wonders for your form.

Not only is the Fury faster than a River, it's more understable. The waters get muddied a bit because it's faster, but it's meant to have a longer, more pronounced turn that the River, or at least that's how it feels to me. The two would cover different slots in my bag. I've actually thought about testing the Fury in the Underworld's spot at times, but I know the Underworlds well and feels really similar to the River in speed and in the hand, which I like.