• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

I carry two Rivers in the bag. Opto in the low 160s for hyzer-flips and turnovers, and GL in the mid-upper 160s for working a variety of S-curves. Lotsa variability with Rivers, but they are sweet discs if you find the ones you want.

I received 4 more in the mail today. 1 GL and 3 Optos....

I think I have a River problem. My current total is around a dozen.

:)

I got a nice 168 GL Blurple and a blue 172 Test Run today. First Rivers. I'll have time to throw them at some point this week heh

I received 4 more in the mail today. 1 GL and 3 Optos....

I think I have a River problem. My current total is around a dozen.

:)

I thought my 4 I own was alot...then I thought there is no such thing when it comes to your go to disc.

I have all GL's, I bag two in a 161 and one in a 167 :D. The 162 stays home :(. The 167 is a little more stable but, I can get the 161's out further with a sweet understable out n back flight.

Last edited:
I just got a river, I like it more as a longer mid than as a fairway driver.
Anyone else use the river for longer mid duties?

Beat in, a 170ish Opto is a beautiful disc. A lower 160s GL River, even better!

I got this sweet and slightly beat 170 GLOpto river. Its an opaque yellowish that just floats and flies straight. I had a blue opto river, more stable with some fade, but lost it a while back. Gotta love those rivers.

Little wonder that whenever you check out the marketplace, and some one has "innova, discraft, Lat 64," and you check it out, the River is the first disc sold.

I'm a little sad to say that I've soured on my River in recent months. It's a combination of two factors: one, I'm throwing with more power now (bumped up from ~315' to 350' in recent months) and two, it's windy season in NOLA. I have to take more off of them than I used to to get the flip-to-flat lines I loved them for; nowadays it's way easier for me to hyzer flip a Stag for that shot.

Part of it is that the courses around here are mostly open. I threw my Rivers a lot last month when visiting the Blue Angel courses, which are heavily wooded, to great success. That said, I might put them up against the Switch when it comes out, just to see if the Switch isn't a bit more HSS.

honestly the river is a lot more overstable than I thought it would be (GL).
It seems to do fine in some winds, being so giant diameter.

I'm trying to use it as my slow turnover and anny fairway, still needs testing...

I'm trying to use it as my slow turnover and anny fairway, still needs testing...

:gross::gross: i have a GL river that i throw on a hyzer and it says F you and rolls back over on a hard anhyzer.

I have a opto river that i throw on a hyzer and it will flip flat and then hyzer out. I think spin has the most to do with it and how beat it is.

I have three GLs in the bag right now....

The 161gm I thought would be my Diamond replacement, but it's dead straight.

The 168gm that I thought would be straight is Diamond-esque.

My old faithful 171gm has a nice fade at the end, and two aces to its credit....

I have a shiny new red one at 173 I need to try, and then there's the Test Material one I got from the Secret Santa....

but when i compare to distance driver i am most definitely not throwing a river. The river is a technical shot for those anhyzers. my favorate driver is the tern. outdoes all other by at least 50 feet.

I remember the first time I threw an Opto River, around 172, I had the same reaction. But as it beat in, it really showed its true colors.

but when i compare to distance driver i am most definitely not throwing a river. The river is a technical shot for those anhyzers. my favorate driver is the tern. outdoes all other by at least 50 feet.

that's good to hear that the river is good for annies for you.
I'm thinking mine will be too. It seems like a mako3 in fairway form, follows your line pretty well. Mine still has some pretty hard fade at the end, but it can start its turn fast.

that's good to hear that the river is good for annies for you.
I'm thinking mine will be too. It seems like a mako3 in fairway form, follows your line pretty well. Mine still has some pretty hard fade at the end, but it can start its turn fast.

The gold line is most definately my anny fairway driver. i also throw the mamba as my distance anny driver. also the opto river on the other hand is S curvy for me. it will roll over but roll back. not enough tree wacking.

Does anyone have feedback on the RGL (Recycled Gold Line) Rivers? If so how would you rate the stability of RGL to GL and Opto?

The river is a turnover machine! My current GLOpto is very flippy, a guaranteed disc for hyzer flips and turnovers. When i had my opto, it held its line well, straight and true with little to no fade. Plus you gotta love that glide.

Does anyone have feedback on the RGL (Recycled Gold Line) Rivers? If so how would you rate the stability of RGL to GL and Opto?

I've thrown an RGL quite a bit. Not a bad disc. It is a little more stable than my similar-weight GL's. The only Opto I have is a lightweight (163g) that I haven't thrown a lot yet, so it is harder to draw any comparisons there.