• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

They other day I was throwing my Saints and PD's side by side. The Saints and PD's were both going around 380ft and traveling similar lines,similar fade.

My Gold Line is starting to break in just a wee bit and it is starting to feel like it is going to overlap with my P-PD which is Straight with a little bit of fade. Almost like a Faster TL.

My Opto is still beefy even though I have hit 4 trees with the thing. I feel it is overlapping with my S-PD and unless I throw my C-PD Flat it is overlapping the C-PD.

I know I just recently put my PD's back in the bag,but man is it possible the Saint's are gonna kick them out?

At the moment I feel that I don't need the PD's in the bag anymore. The Saint goes further and flies better at the moment.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy to think this is possible?

Only thing you may need to consider is wind. I havent thrown peedees, but from what I hear they hold up better than a saint. My saints are my favorite drivers, but anything over 10mph head/crosswind, im considering throwing a different disc or shot.

I would imagine the pds would be better for the wind. ^beat me to it.

I do really like my Saint so far. I think the seasoned TL comparison is closest, which is what I'm trying to replace. At my paltry 325-345' it is not very flippy.

I am carrying an S-PD and a Saint. S-PD is definitely better in a headwind. IMHO they compliment each other very well in a bag.

I could imagine though that a particularly beefy Saint and a well-seasoned S-PD might get a bit closer

Only thing you may need to consider is wind. I havent thrown peedees, but from what I hear they hold up better than a saint. My saints are my favorite drivers, but anything over 10mph head/crosswind, im considering throwing a different disc or shot.

We had some pretty good winds the other day and the Opto Saint held it's own pretty good in the wind. The Gold Line did great as well,but it shown a little turn before fading out.

At the moment I'm gonna take the PD's out of the bag,just to see if I miss them.

I would imagine the pds would be better for the wind. ^beat me to it.

I do really like my Saint so far. I think the seasoned TL comparison is closest, which is what I'm trying to replace. At my paltry 325-345' it is not very flippy.

The Gold Line Saint does feel like it will be like a faster TL when seasoned. It's going to be a great disc for sure once beaten in a little.

I am carrying an S-PD and a Saint. S-PD is definitely better in a headwind. IMHO they compliment each other very well in a bag.

I could imagine though that a particularly beefy Saint and a well-seasoned S-PD might get a bit closer

The Saint I have in Opto is pretty dang beefy and I've been putting some mustard on my Opto and it will not turn over. My furthest shot with the Opto is around 395ft,which surprised the heck out of me considering it's a 9 speed disc.

All 3 of my PD's are pretty seasoned. They are at the point where the flights will not change on these discs,unless I run them over with a car or something. lol. As I mentioned earlier I will take the PD's out just for a bit to see if I miss them or not.

The Saint I have in Opto is pretty dang beefy and I've been putting some mustard on my Opto and it will not turn over. My furthest shot with the Opto is around 395ft,which surprised the heck out of me considering it's a 9 speed disc.

All 3 of my PD's are pretty seasoned. They are at the point where the flights will not change on these discs,unless I run them over with a car or something. lol. As I mentioned earlier I will take the PD's out just for a bit to see if I miss them or not.

What is the weight on your Opto Saint?

I have pretty much the coolest Sparkle Opto Saint in existence (it's sparkly and clear, looks like a millenium, it's got a 2x Gold Line Stamp, got it in a misprint box) and even being an opto saint, it still turns a bit, but it IS only 168g.

If your Saint is on the heavy end, that may be it.

What is the weight on your Opto Saint?

I have pretty much the coolest Sparkle Opto Saint in existence (it's sparkly and clear, looks like a millenium, it's got a 2x Gold Line Stamp, got it in a misprint box) and even being an opto saint, it still turns a bit, but it IS only 168g.

If your Saint is on the heavy end, that may be it.

My Opto Saint is a 168. My Gold Line is a 168.

Shoot all of my drivers/mids are a 168. :D

I've always felt that is the sweetspot for drivers/mids.

We had some pretty good winds the other day and the Opto Saint held it's own pretty good in the wind. The Gold Line did great as well,but it shown a little turn before fading out.

At the moment I'm gonna take the PD's out of the bag,just to see if I miss them.

The Gold Line Saint does feel like it will be like a faster TL when seasoned. It's going to be a great disc for sure once beaten in a little.

You have a saint that you throw 400' and it doesnt have any turn? I want one like that! I have a max weight opto saint that has a -1 turn (with no wind) when thrown out to 375'. And every GL ive had has about a -2 turn when pushed out that far.

You have a saint that you throw 400' and it doesnt have any turn? I want one like that! I have a max weight opto saint that has a -1 turn (with no wind) when thrown out to 375'. And every GL ive had has about a -2 turn when pushed out that far.

The Opto I have is just straight forever and then it fades at the end. I can really crank on this disc hard and not have any worries of it turning over.

The Gold Line has just a slight turn and I can get it to about 385ft. Probably going to use this one in the woods. The Gold Line seems like it will be more workable and the Opto is for more power drives.

They are both 168 grams.

So what from the DD/Lat/westside are you pairing with your saints? I have been throwing a 175 Recycled Saint and digging it for slow turnovers with a late fade, and straight shots, I have an opto xxx on the way. Is there another fairway type driver I should check out?

I throw Escapes with mine kind of like a Teebird/ TL combo. I also bag an Underworld for shots that need turn. I have a serviceable forehand so I don't have to rely too much on understable stuff except for the occasional hyzer-flip.

I think the escape and the saint are too similar for my tastes. I would like something with more lss and hss.

Then I would say Stag, but I doubt that may have enough HSS. Maybe a heavy VIP. The next step could be a PD or Boatman, but those are going to be faster.

My Saint is a lighter GL and Escape a heavier Lucid. Both are fairly fresh with about 2 dozen rounds and I havn't noticed any change in flight yet, for what it's worth.

Last edited:
My opto saint is 173g and has lost a considerable amount of hss. Even released hyzer it wants to turn a bit and late fade. I think latitude really needs a more stable fairway/control driver even though it says "overstable control driver" on it haha. Either way still love the saint. Pairing it with rivals and patriots atm..

this is were i am at right now
i have been using a vip stag, but its not what i wanted
i think i am going to try a PD