• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

RIP Suspect

I've thrown some of the other OOP molds and can't say I'm overly surprised or that I really care.

But the Suspect is a such a good disc. Short drives, approaches, putts if you really need. I'm going to have to check my supply. I think I have 5-6 hards, 2-3 blends, and 3-4 Lucid.

I'm probably going to have to get some more blend and more Lucid.

RIP Suspect

I've thrown some of the other OOP molds and can't say I'm overly surprised or that I really care.

But the Suspect is a such a good disc. Short drives, approaches, putts if you really need. I'm going to have to check my supply. I think I have 5-6 hards, 2-3 blends, and 3-4 Lucid.

I'm probably going to have to get some more blend and more Lucid.

Is there a most OS plastic? I need to buy some of those along with some Evidences.

Renegade and Suspect are shocking. I see lots of those and both are fantastic. Evidence is the only one that personally makes me sad. Will be making an order soon.
It's ironic that I've been in such a good groove with my Lucid Renegade lately and then it goes OOP. I find it really long and glidey, yet very controllable. I can rip really nice long gentle anhyzers with it and it will hold that slight turn all the way, or hyzer flip it straight and it just glides for days with a slight fade at the end. I've read complaints that it's flippy, which to me would only be an issue if it was inconsistent or lacked glide. Neither of those could be further from reality for me. I'm glad I have backups.

Only trilogy disc that I would truly be worried about is the Fuse. If they kill off my Fuse I'll definitely have to stock up.

Hopefully JohnE will keep the Fuse fires burning. I'll be irate if they ax the Fuse.

My question is, since Dynamic Discs has taken away the Freedom, does that make them Despotic Discs now? :popcorn:

I tried to like the renegade, I really did. But it was sooo finicky for me. I hear this a lot and think it was its downfall. I would rip a great shot with it getting a nice turn with a gentle fading finish and think "this thing is great" then I would struggle for the next dozen throws with it to keep it upright. And I am more of a finesse player (sophisticated way of saying noodle arm) who loves hyzer flipping rivers/saints.

I finally decided to stay away from truly understable distance drivers like the renegade/bolt/tern. I picked up a few tresspasses and sheriff's and havent looked back. Much more predictable and still can get turn out of them.

Now the suspect, that is the one I am crying over. From the first throw the suspect cemented a place in my bag. What a wonderful disc and a shame it is going away. Perfectly sits between my mids (emac truth, truth, verdict) and my throwing putters (Marshall, judge) and is so versatile for so many shots within 250 from the basket.

The Fury (if they don't take THAT oop) or the Infinite Discs Sphinx are a couple you might consider.

Fury is quite a bit slower.

In the same speed range, I found the Axiom Vanish to be comparable to a Renegade, although the Vanish was easier to control for me. And of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't say that the MVP Wave in Plasma plastic is a great tailwind crusher. The plastic type really matters in that mold though, as Plasma molds up with extra dome and less stability than all the other plastic types for whatever reason.

I caved in and did what I said I wouldn't...ordered 3 more Stags last night out of fear that they're going OOP. I really didn't want to buy a bunch of discs when I'm not even sure which molds are getting cut. But I'm a recent convert to Stags so I only have a pair of them, meaning I'd really be in a jam if that mold goes away. Yes, I realize at this point I'm just rationalizing my fear purchase which is exactly what Trilogy wants me to do. :(

I also picked up one more Evidence for the stack, but that doesn't bother me since we know the Evidence is going bye bye.

Fury is quite a bit slower.

In the same speed range, I found the Axiom Vanish to be comparable to a Renegade, although the Vanish was easier to control for me. And of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't say that the MVP Wave in Plasma plastic is a great tailwind crusher. The plastic type really matters in that mold though, as Plasma molds up with extra dome and less stability than all the other plastic types for whatever reason.

The Wave is an outstanding mold.

The Fury is indeed slower than the Renegade, so if you're looking for something that fast or faster, I'd suggest the good ol' Mamba or (since you like Axiom/MVP) the Orbital as a roller. I found the Orbital to be a great roller on my home course, if only they'd keep the grass cut.

The Wave is an outstanding mold.

The Fury is indeed slower than the Renegade, so if you're looking for something that fast or faster, I'd suggest the good ol' Mamba or (since you like Axiom/MVP) the Orbital as a roller. I found the Orbital to be a great roller on my home course, if only they'd keep the grass cut.

True. I'm not the poster worried about a Renegade replacement though (I'm on Team Hate Renegades). I was just pointing out that if the other guy wants a Renegade-like disc then the Fury is noticably slower and is probably not be what he's looking for.

Personally, I bag both a Hatchet (Fury-like) and Plasma Wave (what the Renegade should have been). I could probably live with just one, but they do different things for me. Neither are a workhorse as I prefer a touch more stability on most shots thanks to Nebraska windiness. But on calm days, or tailwind shots, or long turnovers, or in the woods they are molds that see some action.

I tried to like the renegade, I really did. But it was sooo finicky for me. I hear this a lot and think it was its downfall. I would rip a great shot with it getting a nice turn with a gentle fading finish and think "this thing is great" then I would struggle for the next dozen throws with it to keep it upright. And I am more of a finesse player (sophisticated way of saying noodle arm) who loves hyzer flipping rivers/saints.

I finally decided to stay away from truly understable distance drivers like the renegade/bolt/tern. I picked up a few tresspasses and sheriff's and havent looked back. Much more predictable and still can get turn out of them.
Interesting. One thing I've definitely noticed is that discs are more stable at my home elevation (1000'). It's not like I'm up in the Rockies or anything, but I travel a lot and I notice a difference when I play at sea level. Very often my trusted understable molds become squirrelly and now I'll just leave them at home and adjust my disc selections accordingly.

I haven't been bagging Renegades for very long but I remember a huge difference with Terns. At home they always have a nice reliable fade at the end, never turning all the way over, while at lower elevation I would get some crazy turn & burn at times.

Interesting. One thing I've definitely noticed is that discs are more stable at my home elevation (1000').

Yes, people are surprised to learn that the Metro Atlanta area (as well as other parts of North Georgia) is at or near 1000 ft. above sea level. I'm curious to see what my bag would do for me on a Florida DG course. Maybe time for a road trip to Orlando, check in on Disc Golf Center, play the DG course there...

I'm heading to Utah in a couple weeks and it will be my first time playing elevation. I'm interested to see the stability difference at 4300'+ compared to the 1000' that I'm used to. Might need to bring all the flippy discs with me!