• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

I want an EchoStar Groove.

They exist! They're hard to find.

It's within the last couple of years at least since the ones around have the disc golf only tooling. So they were at least run a second time.

I had this thought the other day. I bet it's been years since the actually made a run of grooves.

I've seen some EMBOSSED Grooves so I know they have been making more runs of them. I've also seen EMBOSSED Daedelus recently.

I've seen some EMBOSSED Grooves so I know they have been making more runs of them. I've also seen EMBOSSED Daedelus recently.

I guess this should make me angry, but it is not like Innova fails to run plenty of the molds we all love. They seem to be able to produce as much as they need, unlike some other companies.

Maybe this thread has run its course, but just wanted to share a few thoughts on the Jeremy Rusco interview, which I listened to today.

I found it peculiar they buried the biggest topic until 40-something minutes in, though I can understand wanting to discuss new products on the market. Get it, but think wrong choice.

The actual conversation was fairly unprofessional and too much of a chucklefest for my tastes, but that's the norm for DD. I prob wouldn't have minded the chuckles so much if they hadn't had been so cute with trying to massage what they meant by retired while also dangling the idea of molds possibly becoming unretired etc. Think a more direct "talking points" approach that clearly communicated key ideas would have benefitted consumer better.

I only carry 4 DD molds but they are some of my most thrown discs: Escape (bag 3), Verdict (bag 1, sometimes 2), Warden (for approaches) and Deputy (main putter). I'm always trying to convince myself to move on from them (including bc I don't like the prison/law enforcement theme) but I really like those 4 discs, I like the glide their discs feature, and I like as a noodle arm that the discs, in Lucid, beat in fairly quickly and then stay at that beat-in stability for a good while (that's been my experience, at least).

I do wonder how much thought was given to relative duplication across Trilogy brands in which one mold likely controls market (likely with Harp/Suspect/Slammer). Wonder how sales compare between Bard and Verdict (and Anchor). That's what I'd really like to see: sales figures for similar discs in Trilogy lineup.

That would be an unconscionable waste of good Echostar plastic. :thmbdown:

Put that Echostar plastic into a run of Terns! :thmbup:

I actually found my echostar Tern in my stacks of discs recently and threw it. Problem was, it was a really wet day, so I couldn't get much of a feel for it. I'll take it out again soon with some other discs and compare it.

I agree an Echostar Groove would be a waste. The disc flies like absolute crap. I don't think changing the plastic would help at all. Its so damn glideless.

Someone can and will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they can go back and emboss even old runs of discs if they want to. So I'm not sure if embossing is actually proof of a new (or multiple) runs. :popcorn:

Someone can and will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they can go back and emboss even old runs of discs if they want to. So I'm not sure if embossing is actually proof of a new (or multiple) runs. :popcorn:

They can yes, but they only seem to do it with discs where the mold has not been penned. Never seen a penned and engraved disc, although they certainly could exist. So unless they molded up a bunch of Grooves, never penned them and then put them in a stack somewhere, and later decided to engrave them, they are a newer run of them.

Late to the party here but I decided to mix up my mids and gave the eMac truth another run at my workhorse slot. It has finally won its spot in my bag but I had originally planned to pair it up with a DD understable mid with the same feel and call it a day. As it turns out, they don't have any anymore. Kind of frustrated they basically got rid of an entirely slot in their lineup. Evidence, warrant, and patrol all could've had a run but I don't really like the idea of bagging a disc that I can't easily replace. One of the reasons I tried the eMac again.

Late to the party here but I decided to mix up my mids and gave the eMac truth another run at my workhorse slot. It has finally won its spot in my bag but I had originally planned to pair it up with a DD understable mid with the same feel and call it a day. As it turns out, they don't have any anymore. Kind of frustrated they basically got rid of an entirely slot in their lineup. Evidence, warrant, and patrol all could've had a run but I don't really like the idea of bagging a disc that I can't easily replace. One of the reasons I tried the eMac again.

Emac + Evidence combo is my bread and butter. I feel your pain.

I've been thinking fuse, some people are fanatical about that disc. I wasn't really a fan of the meteor and the last time I tried a buzzz ss I was new to the game and it had a decent fade after its turn.

Just wanted to complain about DD dumping a bunch of discs I might've bagged

Late to the party here but I decided to mix up my mids and gave the eMac truth another run at my workhorse slot. It has finally won its spot in my bag but I had originally planned to pair it up with a DD understable mid with the same feel and call it a day. As it turns out, they don't have any anymore. Kind of frustrated they basically got rid of an entirely slot in their lineup.

Yeah, it's weird that they don't have any US mids now. That leads me to wonder if a new US mid is in the works. As a Warrant thrower I hope there is, and that it will maintain that feel similar to the Truth and Verdict that I bag. Unless a thrashed Truth would fit the bill...

I guess since they co own Westside they sort of still have the Tursus and Warship for now.

Yeah, it's weird that they don't have any US mids now. That leads me to wonder if a new US mid is in the works. As a Warrant thrower I hope there is, and that it will maintain that feel similar to the Truth and Verdict that I bag. Unless a thrashed Truth would fit the bill...

I'd think that too but it seems they went with the bottom 10% of sales regardless on the slot the disc filled.

Tursas is a great disc, but it's not the same as an Evidence. Tursas is a flip-to-turnover disc for me, whereas an Evidence is dead straight when new and beats into a flip-to-flat disc. I actually bag both.

Yeah, it's weird that they don't have any US mids now. That leads me to wonder if a new US mid is in the works.

Just a small comment on that concept: if DD comes out with a new understable disc, why would anyone consider committing to it and bagging it when it also might be taken OOP in a couple of years (or less)?

They took the Patrol out less than a year after making it a production disc (I know, I know, it was a Trilogy Challenge disc for a year before that). So if I lose both of my two Patrols (one a TC disc, the other a production disc), I'll be looking elsewhere for a replacement (and NO I'm not going to stock up on Patrols, I don't love it THAT much!). I'll be looking at the M4 again and the Combat Wombat3 more seriously rather than stock up on Patrols.

If DD does come out with a new understable mid, then IMHO they've made a very bad business faux pas.

I am curious to see which Lat64 and Westside discs are taken OOP. That will give us some more data to understand what they're trying to do, here...

I am curious to see which Lat64 and Westside discs are taken OOP. That will give us some more data to understand what they're trying to do, here...

I think they've been pretty explicite with what they're trying to do. They're slashing the lowest selling discs without regard to leaving gaps in the lineup or how that will effect sales of other discs. While I think that's a poor, simplistic answer to their cash flow problem, it is very straightforward. We all know exactly what they're trying to do, because they've told us. They're cutting the lowest selling discs.