• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

I've started thinking again about the Lat64 and WS lineups, and I could see the following disappearing:

*snip*

first, that is a cool looking dog in your avatar.

second, I agree with you on those discs. And that's nfortunate for the Falchion, which I like.

I talked to a couple of guys that process discs at Marshall St to get their input on possible cuts to the Lat64 And Westside lineups. Their list is similar to yours.

They added that:
The super overstable molds Stiletto and Warm Horse are not strong sellers, so maybe one of them.
Havoc will probably survive.
The Claymore is also not a good seller.
The Warship and Seer are both pretty good sellers actually.

Moose33 has expressed concern about the Stag. It sells pretty well at Marshall St.

Cutlass
Halo and Havoc
Raketen and Missilen
Scythe
all the overmolds [Bryce, Sarek, Zion, Gobi and Fuji]
River Pro
Falchion
Striker
Spark
Mace
Core
Gauntlet
Spike
Macana

That's 20 molds. And I suspect there's a couple more that will disappear (like the Knight and maybe the Maul).

For WS:

Swan 1 Reborn
Crown
Sling
Pine
Warship (?)
Sampo
Seer
World
Sorcerer or Giant (?)
Queen
Northman

11 molds here.

I think the Catapult might go, rather than the World, and I'm not so certain about the Boatman.

Lol anybody thinking the OG River will get the boot? I hope not...

I talked to a couple of guys that process discs at Marshall St to get their input on possible cuts to the Lat64 And Westside lineups. Their list is similar to yours.

They added that:
The super overstable molds Stiletto and Warm Horse are not strong sellers, so maybe one of them.
Havoc will probably survive.
The Claymore is also not a good seller.
The Warship and Seer are both pretty good sellers actually.

Moose33 has expressed concern about the Stag. It sells pretty well at Marshall St.

I think the Catapult might go, rather than the World, and I'm not so certain about the Boatman.

Also bag the War Horse, but could replace it..: Stags, it would be harder.

I would lose my mind, cry in the basement corner hugging all my Rivers saying "it will be okay"

I think I'm serious too. I have problems though.

If sales are the root of the cuts, then I'd say not a chance. The run of GL Burst Rivers that became available a short while ago has already sold out at Infinite and DGC. River even made a couple appearances on DGC's top sellers list.

I've started thinking again about the Lat64 and WS lineups, and I could see the following disappearing:

For WS:

Swan 1 Reborn
Crown
Sling
Pine
Warship (?)
Sampo
Seer
World
Sorcerer or Giant (?)
Queen
Northman

11 molds here.

I don't believe warship will get axed, it's their most recognized and popular mid. Also it's good seller.
Pine is good disc, but there is just too many similar discs on market.
Production Sampo is just letdown compared to trilogy challenge sampo in elasto plastic.

King, Queen, Catapult, Fortress, Sampo, Longbowman, Seer, Pine, Sling.

Those are likely to get axed, then there would be 19 molds left in WS lineup. From 5 putters 1-2 will get retired.

News from today.

Jeremy stated that Latitude expect to make their announcement around August 16th.

He stated that while most Latitude molds will be simply retired like all DD molds, some Latitude molds will be taken out of print entirely. Not available for special runs.

He stated that the Westside retirements will not be decided on until late 2019 or early 2020.

News from today.

Jeremy stated that Latitude expect to make their announcement around August 16th.

He stated that while most Latitude molds will be simply retired like all DD molds, some Latitude molds will be taken out of print entirely. Not available for special runs.

This makes me worried about just discovering the Flow. I've never seen anyone else throw one. It's a really good complement to the typically more neutral Trespass, pretty true stable with a reliable fade that isn't dumpy and it resists wind well for being in that stability range with a ton of glide. Only downside is that it's extremely domey. Sample size of one but everything I've seen about it says similar things.

I bet lots of the older Lat molds will get the cut since I don't see any hype for them. Especially since they get to make all the Trilogy discs as well as some Discmania stuff.

News from today.
He stated that the Westside retirements will not be decided on until late 2019 or early 2020.

Nothing personal to mizunodave in these comments; just quoted him for context.

What I don't understand is why they're stringing this out. Of course, they did that with the DD anouncment: said they were going to do it, then had a contest about which ones they'd take OOP. Now they're following the same (garbage) with Lat64, and ultimately Westside.

And to delay the Westside announcement for months flies in the face of any economic reasons for making these 'retirements'. Why wait for months? Why drag this out like this? All Trilogy is doing is making me look elsewhere for discs; they're certainly not creating any kind of artificial enthusiasm for their soon-to-be-OOP discs...

Sheesh.

It's got to be in something to do with the joint ownership, there is no other reason to drag it out so long. DD must have had their numbers ready to go and made the call, maybe Lat64 has to balance US sales against Europe and balance it that way? Could take some more time I guess, and it's certainly possible that Discs like the Scythe that never took off in the US are top sellers in Sweden... maybe?

For Westside they have to work together and agree on what to do, but it seems like there are three main categories for their product; well known and loved discs(Harp, shield, Bard) good discs that have a smaller following(Stag, Ahti, War Horse) and things no one throws pretty much ever(seer, sling, Sampo).

Added to my Swan flock and Stag herd today with a BT Soft burst Swan and an oddly swirly VIP gold Stag. Looking forward to bagging a few more and sadly it's time to take out my most beat old RTP Stag...

... and things no one throws pretty much ever(seer, sling, Sampo).

Hey, I resent that! Not really. I bag a Seer but I could easily replace it with a Leopard or something. I thought I read somewhere though that the Seer is actually a decent seller for them.

Added to my Swan flock and Stag herd today with a BT Soft burst Swan and an oddly swirly VIP gold Stag. Looking forward to bagging a few more and sadly it's time to take out my most beat old RTP Stag...

Good idea - think I'll add to my Warship fleet.

I wonder if they ONLY look at sales and drops the one that sells the least. . . it´s just odd that DD dropped ALL their OS putters

I wonder if they ONLY look at sales and drops the one that sells the least. . . it´s just odd that DD dropped ALL their OS putters

That's how DD did it. They drew a line based on sales. Above the line stayed, below the line cut.