• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Disc's Speed 14 Rampage

I was looking for something to replace my Force with for an overstable distance driver since I was getting more turn out of it than I wanted and I was at the Nati throwing various discs and Fred Salaz had me try a Rampage, D-1, and Cannon after watching me throw. The Rampage was amazing and the initial throws were way beyond my wildest expectations when I held it. Awesome disc and I look forward to getting to an open course and getting it figured out.

necro bump.

Any Rampage throwers still out there? I picked up an Excel that went from D1 stable to D3 stable in one tree hit at 300' with 450' power. I liked the extra D (before the tree made a dime sized flat spot) and got a well used Icon that turns like a D3 but 5% longer and was thinking about a fresh one for some mild wind Max D duty.

Are the Icons more stable than the Pinnacles? I'd like to hear some reviews now that the disc may have actually settled into a sweet spot for a while and not just a first impression of a shinny new disc. Thanks

I tried and Excel and and Icon, but like you said the Excel is not OS for long. A couple of tree hits and it's starts to turn a lot.

I liked the Icon more but it was never as OS as I wanted it to be. My buddy said faster Ape, which I love, but it's really like a faster TeeDevil.i could get a ton of turn and I I didn't throw it perfectly flat it was a roller.

I tried and Excel and and Icon, but like you said the Excel is not OS for long. A couple of tree hits and it's starts to turn a lot.

I liked the Icon more but it was never as OS as I wanted it to be. My buddy said faster Ape, which I love, but it's really like a faster TeeDevil.i could get a ton of turn and I I didn't throw it perfectly flat it was a roller.

jesus.. a Rampage turning and burning into a roller?!?! .. something doesnt sound right there :eek:

That's baseline though, you hit a tree once on a full speed rip and its never the same.

I've never had a flippy Rampage in the premium plastics, most variation i have seen has been between gunmetal legend being 0 HSS and 4 LSS out of the box compared to a purple pinnacle i have which flies -1.5 HSS 3 LSS out of the box

I found a blue icon rampage at the bottom of a water hazard & it's fliptastic.

jesus.. a Rampage turning and burning into a roller?!?! .. something doesnt sound right there :eek:

It was a form thing partially. I throw a pretty fast FH and as I let it push off my lead finger it puts a ton of spin on but also gives a slight anny angle.

So if a disc is less overatable than say a Backdraft or Destroyer I can't throw it as hard as I want.

I can say that I've had a flippy premium plastic rampage. With no wind, they are awesome and overstable. But into the wind, they need flew consistently enough for me.

I still throw these because i get my absolute maximum distance with the Rampage, but since the Outlaw released, i have thrown it much less because i can almost throw my outlaws as far but i get more control with the outlaw too. Rampages are just something i pull out on a more wide open hole and i need the most distance possible. Sometimes they are useful in the wind too, the more beefy legend rampages completely ignore wind.

Last edited:
I carry two. One is a new run Red Icon Rampage, which is super OS. I also carry a orange icon rampage that has enough turn to be the longest disc in my bag. I use it for open distance shots.

Yeah I found it interesting that Rico also has wraiths in his bag, while most players seem to jump straight from fairways to distance drivers with maybe a speed nine or two thrown in there. Wondering if I could pair these with cannons on top of my pds or if a more controllable speed twelve or something would be necessary. Guess it's all up to the specific player but I'm hoping for some thoughts. Thanks guys

I throw a 168 pinnacle salmon cannon that has become longer more stable outlaw. If I have a headwind and need distance I'm throwing that cannon. I feel like I have pretty good control of it.

I have found my cannons to be more over stable than my rampages. Anytime I throw my rampages flat they end up turning way off line, how are people releasing rampages to get them not to turn? Which colors and runs (aside frome the Aqua FR) are the most OS?