• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Letting Go

I keep a ton of discs around just in case I want to revisit a mold later. But, yeah it gets out of hand.

Just think about how cool it will look when you park a hole with it and walk up to it and place a mini in front of it. Also just think about it as letting other people enjoy your cool discs. Whenever I throw one of my cool discs people always comment on it.

You will get a lot more joy out of throwing the discs then just looking at them on your wall. Once you throw the disc once you will be glad you did it.

Well, I test and treat my discs the same way I do my longbows, which cost between $750 and $1500 each, I'll shoot them a bit with kid gloves, and if I really, really like it, I'll figure some way to personalize it, whether adding additional artwork, or just tossing it on the ground and adding a few of my own battle scars,and if I don't like them, I usually just walk up to someone and say, "Hey you want this"...or I may donate it to help others( longbows) or I in the case of discs I may just toss the offending disc into a pond. I have no room in my life for crap that doesn't work to my satisfaction, but I'll always make room for things that do.

I keep looking for the right discs...and end up playing with Valks, TBs and Wizards.

So I've got lots of good discs in the basement, especially drivers and putters, but some mids too. All in mint condition. Don't want to sell/give them away, because they're all good discs. Might be useful one day. I doubt that day never comes. Damn.

I've gotten somewhat past the stage where slowarm is now. I've got some molds to try before i've tried everything on the market sans each plastic and different weights. I have favorites for most shots and dependable ones for a little less and some skill in flight manipulation and not enough consistency. Especially if i'm not well rested which is rare. The discs i know won't improve drastically for me or have way better competitors have been used in sacrificial role in thick snow or been donated away.