• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lightning Deal on Amazon - Park & Sun Basket

I missed it. What was the deal price? I got mine at costco for 70 i think and the amazon one is 100+

I would tell anybody looking at that to save the $77 and put it toward a better basket later. They would be much happier in the long run.

OR

Scroll down the page and buy the DGA M-14 for $136.

Last edited:
I would tell anybody looking at that to save the $77 and put it toward a better basket later. They would be much happier in the long run.

OR

Scroll down the page and buy the DGA M-14 for $136.

Do you have personal experience with that basket? I'm really interested in investing in a practice basket that will last.

Do you have personal experience with that basket? I'm really interested in investing in a practice basket that will last.

I personally have a Discatcher Sport. Great basket for the price, it catches good with out any mods and has a deeper basket than the cheaper ones out there.

A friend has a M-14 and it has lighter chains and a shallower basket. The basket is also galvanized too. DGA recommends NOT to leave it out all the time though. Break down is easy and it is lighter ( 25 lbs.)than the Sport ( 40lbs. ) if you plan to transport it. The Sport needs a screwdriver to break down where the M-14 has push pins to be tool free.

My Sport lives outside and has held up as it has galvanized parts and chains. The yellow top and mini band will fade a good bit if it is exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time.

Just a quick plug here...DiscGolfCenter ships baskets for free and that can save you $20 to $30+ in shipping costs.

DGA:

http://www.discgolf.com/disc-golf-baskets/m-14-portable-practice-disc-golf-basket/

Innova:

http://www.innovadiscs.com/targets/discatcher-sport.html

Last edited:

it works fine. didn't quite pay that much from Costco but easy to move around, assemble, and you get what you pay for really. Its just that-- a practice basket.

I have one of the older versions of that basket, and it looks like the biggest problem I had with them (the chain ring where they gather around the pole) has been resolved.

For under $80, I would absolutely recommend one as a practice basket. At that price you could almost buy two for the price of one Mach Lite.

I have two first gen costco baskets and an m14. Both baskets are great with some light modification. I prefer the m14 but its almost double the price.

i have 2 and would prob recommend someone to go for the discatcher sport for a practice basket. One thing this basket is great for is converting it to a bullseye for no additional cost. just cut the outer ring off and connect the chains to the inner circle. Huge saving compared to gateway.

I got this as a Christmas present. I wouldn't spend over 100, but this is a great basket for the price.

Latest posts