• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Longer Culverin

BenHaavisto

Par Member
I was looking for something that throws like a goldline culverin but a little faster -- something in maybe the 11-12 range (maybe 13) I'm throwing the GL culverin around 330-355 average, peaking about 370

I don't particularly like the feel of overmold discs but am open to most other companies

For me personally, my Giant's fill this slot. They hold HSS lines really well and always fade. I have cycled Culverin's for fairway/control shots similarly to how I am cycling my Giant's for all my distance needs. Though, my varying stages of wear are more diverse in my line up of Giant's. I love them!!

Last edited:
I have had good luck with the Sword. I normally throw the culverin and Thunderbirds at max weight and have the sword at 171&172 and they fly very similar to me with the sword flying another 30-40 feet or so

I have had good luck with the Sword. I normally throw the culverin and Thunderbirds at max weight and have the sword at 171&172 and they fly very similar to me with the sword flying another 30-40 feet or so

What type of sword do you throw? I once found a 170 ish VIP sword and releasing on a hyzer it turned into a roller... maybe I found a fluke who knows

I would suggest a Boatman. by Westside

Personally I think this is a good answer, but in my experience I didn't see enough of a difference in distance between my control drivers (convicts) and the boatman. Even though I felt they flew similar, they were *too* similar to me to justify both.

What type of sword do you throw? I once found a 170 ish VIP sword and releasing on a hyzer it turned into a roller... maybe I found a fluke who knows

both of mine are VIP. you might have gotten something already worked in. One is brand new and one is only a few months old, but i've found time and time again that i go to grab this disc where i used to grab the Culverin/Thunderbird and get more distance but same line