• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Longest putter?

Good call on the Wizards. Nikko seems to get them out pretty far.

How far are you guys getting Pures to fly? Or any of the others? The longest putter throw I've ever witnessed was with a DD Warden, slightly uphill and probably equivalent to 350'ish of power.

Why not just power down a mid and not worry about trying to mash a putter?

There's the school of thought that it's better to drive with the same power all the time, so you adjust the disc's speed accordingly.

There's the school of thought that it's better to drive with the same power all the time, so you adjust the disc's speed accordingly.

Oh I didnt know there was people out there that throw speed 1-14.

If we're talking pure putters and not approach/short mids, my answer is Lucid Judges, Opto Pures, and Fuzion Wardens. Wizards and Aviars (BB and otherwise) don't go quite as far for me.

Good call on the Wizards. Nikko seems to get them out pretty far.
I guess Nikko can make most putters fly pretty far. I also believe he does use Daggers nowadays.

I tried the Wizard because everybody was so crazy about it as a throwing putter. Turned out the Shield was much more reliable, shapable and way longer for me than any other putter I tried.

The Champion glow P2 is the longest and straightest driving putter I've ever thrown. It's an incredible driving putter, goes ~350 ft when thrown with enough height.

I've probably had my longest putter drives with a nicely worn-in Wizard. Also Clutches, Hunters, and Aviars go very far. If you are into the gryo stuff, the Ion, Anode, Proxy and Envy all crush.

If you want to add distance to putter drives, working on your form is the best solution. In my experience (I really like throwing putters and do so a lot), most putters will go pretty far if you throw them well. I think what kind of putter goes farther for you depends on your throwing style and preferences. Deeper putters (like Wizards and Aviars) will go very far but require some extra height and clean form to make them work their magic. Shallower putters (like the Pure and Envy) are a little more forgiving, faster, and can take lower lines than the deep putters to reach similar distance potential.

I'd suggest buying a few of the most common driving putters mentioned here (Wizard, P2, Envy, Pure, etc), and seeing what goes farthest for you. Also, if you practice throwing a neutral or slightly understable putter like an Aviar PnA, it will probably help your form and distance a lot.

zeppelin. the glide is just stupid. I'd never use it to putt with, but off the tee........

Now, the Habit. I love for shorter holes, because that glide gets them to the pin with so little effort, but powering it flips it too much for me even from a hyzer.

I've found Recycled Mercy's, and PA1's and 2's to be great off the tee. On the shallower side, but still get that putter glide.

I'll drop the question here since many mentioned the Opto Pure.
I out with the Pure and decided to get one in the opto Moonshine plastic, my half-assed form makes it hard to not get it turning after flipping up from a slight hyzer.
Is the normal opto more stable than Moonshine?

I'm pretty sure someone did a few tests on this topic a few years back. And at least at that time, with their study, the Blowfly was the farthest flying putter.

I out with the Pure and decided to get one in the opto Moonshine plastic, my half-assed form makes it hard to not get it turning after flipping up from a slight hyzer.

Never thrown a Mooshine Pure but I would suspect this may be the case. The new Moonshine blends are a little suspect if you are thinking it will make the disc more stable. That has not been my experience with recent runs in other molds. But the Pure can be squirreley any ways without very clean form. For more stable distance, try an Envy or a Pa2. Both of them fly about the same for me. Personally I love the board flat 350g Pa2s they season up into beautiful long, straight, stable fliers and the hand feel is similar to a Pure.

when I was looking for a driving putter I got this and had the same issue, more US and unreliable than I could imagine.

These throwing putters are speed 4's feel more like putters and fly like short mids

Axiom Proxy: 4/4/-1/0/0.5 - depending on plastic and weight of course but typically its straight to slightly understable (like a longer Pa4 for me or shorter M4)

MVP Atom: This disc rules. 4/3/0/1 Depends on plastic Proton is like champion and is more stable, but is STRAIGHT even with 500 ft power its a laser and it flies like a fresh Z Buzzz but in putter form, its sweet. Electron plastic is softer and wears into 4/3/-0.5/0 Its super straight tho, I use a proton atom and electron atom in my bag

Axiom Envy: This was the original BEST DRIVING PUTTER ever - I say its 4/4/-0.5/2 - Its very similar to the Proton Atom but maybe a lil more glide, a lil slower and more of a hyzer finish, but powered up it goes straight - really can do anything with it

MVP Particle: This is a lot like the Envy from what I heard - but maybe a lil more distance?? not sure haven't used one but for a driving putter with a lil fade this will be good im sure

Plastics - Proton=champion ish , Neutron=Starish , Electron = baseline

Also from most OS to most US - if you're looking for nice driving putters or putters that can fly like mids, honestly look no further, these are better than most others I've tried and I try a LOT of discs. I'm not a fanboy, I carry many manufacturers just wanted to give me full speech, haha

I haven't tried everything...but I feel like pretty much all standard shape/depth putters, think Aviar-type speed 2-3 putters, go about the same distance for me. I'm sure I could see an average distance difference going to the shallow rim type "putters" like Envy or Stud, etc., but I feel like they don't do the 100-150' range quite the same way. Not that it can't be learned at all, but I feel like if you give me an Aviar/Wizard/Anode/Judge/Warden/etc. from that range it will be essentially the same.

Putters are so slow and glidey I think it's mostly form to get a clean throw with high speed. For example, I thought the Shield had less glide than Wizards/Anodes, then after it was beat up a bit I threw them all in the field and they were all within 5' of each other in the 285-300' range. I like Anodes because they get easy distance and have essentially zero fade. But at the same time I could throw anything, most putters fly real good.

Lucid Warden and Neutron Proxy for me are about the same. Yeti Aviar just a bit less, and a KC Aviar far less than the Yeti.

I'm pretty sure someone did a few tests on this topic a few years back. And at least at that time, with their study, the Blowfly was the farthest flying putter.

What?!!! Um, no. Even if the Blowfly was the farthest flying putter, I'm not throwing it.