• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Looking for a new putter

How does the XT Aviar compare to the DX Aviar for putting?

Picked one up on a whim today. Nice feeling plastic, chalky, concave. Will report back. I expect them to putt the same as a fresh DX.

What are you doing messing with Aviars. I thought you were Mr. Wizard.

SMH.

:|

:)

:|

Pick your putter now and stick with it. Trust me otherwise you will have changed putters 5 times in one season like me lol.

Aviar is not a bad choice, that is obvious

Aviars and Wizards can coexist, as they are not even similar. I rotate Wizards and Challengers for overstable putters, whereas I rotate Aviars and Omegas for neutral putters.

If you like the aviar, I would try a d line p2 from discmania, I found them to be a tiny bit more glidey and real neutral after some use, get a heavy and a lighter one.

SHUT UP. seriously. You spew out so much BS.

I have used ions for nearly 3 years without anymore spit outs than any other person ive played with who most use "baseline" :| and if they didn't glide how can I throw an ion 300' on a hyzer, straight, or anhyzer-- same with any of the MVP putters which are probably the best driving putters in the game regardless of the mold you pick or plastic.

Neutron plastic is no different than a harder DX blend but it starts out with some glossy sheen. I would put good $ on the fact many people who dislike or say things like this about MVP putters just don't REALLY know.

Velveteen no sheen grippy goodness that still walk like new shoes YA DIG?! ;)

View attachment 53887

If you think neutron plastic doesn't have grip or doesn't glide or whateverrrrrr-- like I said, you just don't even know.

Soft Neutron Ion all day.

I just recently switched from aviars to supersoft wizards, because the local club had 6 i could buy all within the 173~175 range. I'm a snap spin putter and have no problem getting. The glide i need out to around 45-50ft without needing a jump putt.

I just think the best bet is get a stack of the same mold and practice

Soft Neutron Ion all day.

i have thrown mine for more high speed drives than its even fair to mention and they still fly OS. :hfive: I don't even putt with these anymore, just drive's since they were released direct from DD outside a few months trying to figure out a softer putting putter.

I just think the best bet is get a stack of the same mold and practice

amazzzzzzzzing. :clap::thmbup:

Didn't read the whole thread, but my personal putter search ended on the swan 1 reborn. Hands down the most natural throwing putter I've tried. I see no reason to look any further, bt soft is a great plastic that just loves them chains. Whether it's really physically the best putter yet, or it's just mental, I shaved 5 strokes off my last round from putts alone.

Ions are great, but, with the ridiculous amount of glide, I think their numbers are VERY skewed.

I put an Ion as a midrange. I'd say the numbers are closer to 4/5/0/1. I bagged one for quite a while as a Mid.

The Anode and Proxy are solid neutral putters with plenty of glide to them, but, as with all MVP/Axiom, you HAVE to get the strong rotation to get the disc to fly. I'm sure a lot of people doubting MVP putters straddle or push. If that's your preferred putt, you're better off throwing bricks because the glide gives out like my dreams of dating Halle Berry. If you're a spin putter, MVP will fly okay. Just watch out for the powered down shots, you'll still lose a lot of that float. These discs really require power to match their indicated/intended flight.

I've never had a problem with MVP Neutron or Axiom Soft Neutron getting spit too much, but, it may feel that way when the disc doesn't fly like you'd expect an Aviar/Wizard/Magnet would.

I never trusted MVP/Axiom as putters. I've owned everything they make and most of their plastic (haven't tried their glow) They make great midranges, but, do not perform well as anything other than driving putters.

Personally, I am in LOVE with my Prodigy putters. PA4 for neutral, PA1 for driving/approach. Great feeling plastic, stiff but not hard, grip out of this world, and good hold in chains.

However, there is a reason people love Wizards. The Gateway putters are some of the most magical discs I've thrown. It's unexplainable how they float for so long. Both Wizards and Voodoo just have incredible abilities to stretch out when they should be slowing down. Personally, I prefer a Voodoo for a main putter - the Wiz gets a little fadey when thrown lightly.

Just my 2¢

After reading the entire thread:

1. I like MVP Neutron plastic. I tried an Anode but the grip just didn't feel "right", so I got the Ion, which does feel good in my hand. My Neutron Ion is a good putter.

2. Having said that: my favorite putter is the Classic Blend Judge. I use this out to 35 ft. or so. It glides very well for a putter and extended my range and accuracy with my putting stroke by 8-10 feet.

3. I rarely use a putter on upshots (beyond 35 ft. or so). For virtually every putter I've tried, the rims are too tall for my 4-finger grip. The only putter I was reasonably comfortable with on upshots was the Innova Nova, probably because of the overmold. The Nova also glides decently and has a very straight flight.

4. For upshots, I usually use my Pink Panther. Definitely not a putter, but I get a nice grip with it, and I have put a number of upshots right into the chains with it. Those that don't go into the chains usually park within 15 feet of the basket. YMMV, but you might consider a non-true-putter disc for upshots.

Latest posts