• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Looking for putter similar to Roc3 and Mako3

vline

I'm trying to find putter that suit me I've been using my mid range and been doing good but I think it time for me to get putter

This is a hard question. I'd say putters close to the Roc/Roc3 are probably like a Challenger/Ion/Wizard/BB Aviar type disc. They're deeper than mids but very versatile molds if you can get over how deep they are. You've got quite a few different options from different companies. I've got nothing for the Mako3.

I have no idea do you have any suggestions??

Yes, about a hundred...which if you stay with this thread long enough, you'll probably see them all. ;)

Seriously though, might be good to start with one of the proven classics...Avia P&A, Challenger. Both are great putters and available in several plastic options.

I've gone through a lot of putters looking for one that worked for me like my Mako3 does, without complete success. So I decided to just go ahead and putt with the Mako3, and I'm doing better than ever, especially on 30-40 footers. I carry a 174 for wind and in the circle, and a 167 for longer putts and short up shots-both in G-Star. I now use my previous main putter-X-Soft Ringer-as my go to longer upshot disc.

If you really feel the need to have a "real" putter, maybe try the Vibram Summit for the Mako3 type glide and straight flight.

I'm trying to find putter that suit me I've been using my mid range and been doing good but I think it time for me to get putter

Putters are a very personal thing, and what works for one player might not work so well for another. Add to it that there are a ton of plastics to select from, and your choices are huge in number.

Having said that: The Warden is a beadless putter as the Mako3 is a beadless mid. Their feel in the hand are somewhat similar (though not exact). I putt with the Warden and I bag the Mako3.

As to the Roc3, the Westside Harp feels a bit similar. The Big Bead Aviar has a big bead (yeah, "duh") like the Roc3 has a rim.

The best part is all the disc golf you get to play while trying various putters. :)

Yes, about a hundred...which if you stay with this thread long enough, you'll probably see them all. ;)

Seriously though, might be good to start with one of the proven classics...Avia P&A, Challenger. Both are great putters and available in several plastic options.

hah, can we just end the thread there? edit : NOPE. SD and Goldeye chimed in before I could even reply. :)

seriously, putting putter is the most personal of personal preferences.

best thing you can do is get as many of them in your hands as you can, throw them at chains, and see what sticks. pun intended.

The Legacy Clutch has a similar feel to the Roc3 with the bead and concave bottom rim.

It would be helpful to know what aspects of the Roc3 and Mako3 that you like and are looking for. Other than their similar size, I think both discs have very little in common. So the original question leaves a very, very broad interpretation that I think only really excludes lid type putters.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Judge if you prefer a Roc3. Shallow for a putter and beaded.

Roach if you prefer a Mako3. I am not as sure about this one, but when I was searching through discs for my buddy who said he was looking for Roaches, I thought they appeared very Mako like just with a smaller diameter.

But as said before, if you the OP cannot state what about the Roc3 and Mako3 you like, other people will just be throwing out their favorites and not really what might be a good starting point for you.

Maybe a Classic Roc for the Roc 3 and a Star Dart for the Mako 3. Or maybe the Quest 10 M brick is a engineering breakthrough from the Disc Golf Gods ��

If you want to stick with Innova;

Yeti Pro or JK Aviar if you prefer the Roc feel

Aviar Putt and Approach if you prefer the Mako

agree with the Discraft Roach idea for a similar feel/flight to a mako3- the Jawbreaker plastic is especially grippy and nice feeling IMHO

PM me and I will send you a Wizard, the best putter ever made.

Last edited:
Similar to Roc3: Classic Roc or Colt/Stud (whichever of the two are beaded)
Similar to Mako3: Discraft Roach - great neutral flyer

In all honesty though, putters are incredibly personal discs. If you have the option, you should really go to a store and fondle every putter they have. There are a lot of molds out there that fly similar to the molds you're using currently.

I agree that a Roc3 type putter would be a beaded stable putter such as a Wizard, BB Aviar, Challenger, or VP.

Mako3 type putter would easily be found in either the Shaman or Magic by Gateway. Both are understable/glidey putters.

Between the variety of plastic options and the pricing it's hard to beat Gateway putters.

same

I know this is old post, but I also putt with mako3. I have 2 kona's in the bag and they hold any line and feel great in the hand. I use to use them for approach and started putting with them making longer putts. They do spit out and roll more. The soft roach helps for putts with danger and feels great also. The classic aviar, dart or any 0 0 putter. The mako is aggresive, but it's called the mako because it`s a sharp shooter. so drain the comebacker. the mako is also sensitive exposing the flight plate to wind. maybe the larger diameter. i must anny or hyzer top facing crosswind or it`s sailing ob. In high wind I`m grabbing a dx gator. mako kicked dart out the bag. For casual rounds i`m running everything with mako. it just goes in more than a putter for me.