• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Looking for putter similar to Roc3 and Mako3

Lol...necro bump but did SD86 really recommend a Westside Harp as a putter? Thank God we banned him. :| I'm sorry I missed this at the time because I would have flamed him for that and sent this thread off the rails, which I guess isn't a good look for a moderator but...seriously? He recommended a Harp as his "beaded putter" option? I have no words...

*has typed a lot for a man with no words*

Does anyone know of a good distance driver similar to Wizard or Voodoo?
TeeBird and Eagle.

picture.php

Seriously, if I won the lottery I'd build a nice fun par 3 disc golf course and then hang out in the parking lot. "Oh, you are new? Here, this is your Aviar Putt and Approach, your Roc and your Leopard. Flat flips fly straight, have fun!" :|

Dart is a very, very similar flight and rim feel/shape to a Mako3.

If you have both an rpro dart and xt Mako3 in your bag you'll see this in spades. There are no two different molds that step up and down naturally to each other. In fact, they are so close in flight that you probably only need one or the other.

In star (Mako3 vs Dart) they have a bit more of a different hand-feel (the darts get more dome) but still very similar flight.

Lol...necro bump but did SD86 really recommend a Westside Harp as a putter? Thank God we banned him. :| I'm sorry I missed this at the time because I would have flamed him for that and sent this thread off the rails, which I guess isn't a good look for a moderator but...seriously? He recommended a Harp as his "beaded putter" option? I have no words...

*has typed a lot for a man with no words*

I mean people recommend the Envy as a do it all putter all the time.. its not AS overstable but.

The actual answer is that a Dart is very similar to a Mako, just smaller rim and diameter. Roc is essentially a faster, wider Magnet.

The thing is that you can't eat your cake and have it too - what you like about the Mako and Roc for putting you can't have in putter form (it's the glide of a mid).

I mean people recommend the Envy as a do it all putter all the time.. its not AS overstable but.

Whenever I see people compare the Envy to the Zone, it tells me that they haven't actually bagged at least one of those molds.

I had a putter plastic (Jawbreaker) Zone in the bag for two years, and it still never beat in all the way to mimic the stability of a fresh premium plastic Envy. It got close enough to no longer warrant bagging both, but again that was after multiple years of throwing it in a plastic type that's designed to beat in fast. A true apples-to-apples comparison of a premium Zone vs premium Envy is just as large of a gap as Firebird vs Teebird. You can compare anything you want to, but some comparisons are just silly.

Whenever I see people compare the Envy to the Zone, it tells me that they haven't actually bagged at least one of those molds.

I had a putter plastic (Jawbreaker) Zone in the bag for two years, and it still never beat in all the way to mimic the stability of a fresh premium plastic Envy. It got close enough to no longer warrant bagging both, but again that was after multiple years of throwing it in a plastic type that's designed to beat in fast. A true apples-to-apples comparison of a premium Zone vs premium Envy is just as large of a gap as Firebird vs Teebird. You can compare anything you want to, but some comparisons are just silly.

Firebird to Teebird is right on the nose.