• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking to buy a basket or two...

Rockyraccoon

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

Obviously I'm new here. Been playing on and off for years, but have recently decided to pursue better scores. So I've decided to pick up a couple baskets and I was hoping to get some advice towards different products.

My main concern of course is durability and long term life.....followed closely behind by a financial concern. With that being said, I'm leaning towards Innova's Discatcher Sport models. Then having a buddy run the baskets, bases (for portable model), and the pole through the powder coating. Thinking it would maximize weather protection against what Innova calls "not rated for permanent outdoor exposure".

Any thoughts or opinions on my thoughts and opinions?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to throwing with you all here at DGCR.

Check the other threads on buying baskets. There are lots of options, but it sounds like your budget is $100-$150 I am guessing.

I have no problems with my innova disccatcher, but the next basket I buy is going to be the Quick shot $179.00

Last edited:
Wait! If you can afford two cheaper baskets, why not opt for one prem?

Well, I figured I could get two baskets for the price of one. Two baskets can be spread out here on my 12 acres to be played from many different angles and definitely between the two.

Plus, I'm probably going to get the baskets powder coated to take it from not being recommended for extended outdoor use to permanent status.

I'm just hoping to get the best baskets I can with about $350 bucks.

I made a target baskets it is cheap fast and easy. I plan on making another using a christmas tree stand, pvc pipe, and a paint bucket. I have an Innova skill shot and my other basket is a paint bucket on an adjustable tripod.

as I have said I have an Innova skill shot, but I also made these to try to make a temp course in my complex and the schools I work at. The baskets have to be able to be collapsable so I can fit 6 or so in my car, they have to be cheap, and they have to be easy to use and very easy to build.

basket1.jpg

Total cost for both baskets $15.00

see them collapsed at unique odd baskets thread

*notice they are numbered 1 and 2 with flags :)