• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Playing at Waterworks a few days ago I threw my TM2 Vision into the woods on hole 13, spent about 10 minutes looking for it when I saw what I thought was my disc. Low and behold it was an unmarked GL vision and laying not 2 feet from it was mine. Needless to say I was pretty happy about that one.

Last night threw my new-ish gummy champ valk on a hole and it got eaten by these monster pine trees. Took about a half hour to find - not sure why I thought it would have been a good idea to throw a green disc into pine trees.

Found it then realized I was far enough from the basket that could throw another valk to get to the basket. Thought I was smart and swapped it out for my favorite orange star valk. Orange would be visible.

Threw it and again - in the pine trees. Looked for an hour and found a DX Whippet and a Pro Destroyer. Never found my Valk.

Went back out tonight to look - found a DX Leo and a Star Beast. All 4 in the tree that I swore ate mine.

Never found mine. Three of the 4 were uninked - my Valkyrie was uninked too so I doubt I'll see it again.

^^^ played yesterday while it was sprinkling. made the mistake of throwing my glo valk. the sun comes out and is reflecting off the moisture on every leaf so everything looked like a shiny glo disc. looked for over 30 min. before finding it

I did something funny today. I was playing cedar hills with a friend and a ouple of guys were ahead of us, they left a dx beast near hole 9 and I picked up to give back. We were about to tee off on 12 and I yelled asking if they left one behind, I guess they didn't hear me. So I threw it in 13's fairway for them to find, and hopefully confuse the crap out of them.

I lost my first disc dye today and it made no sense.... my 150 Champion Leopard.

EddieDye.jpg

#10 at Green County DGC is a straight downhill shot through the woods. I threw a straight shot down the pipe. We actually thought it was going to park by the basket but it hit a tree and shot straight down.

It didn't kick right or left. It went straight at the base of the tree. On the tee pad I had no worries that I would't find it. I watched the entire flight, the tree hit, the bounce at the base of the tree.

My partner Austin threw his brand new Green star Tbird and it yanked straight to the left in to some thick woods and briars. It was so new he hadn't put his name on it.

After about an hour of looking we finally decided to give up and keep on playing.

After the round I put up a note hoping whoever finds them will give me a call.

I lost my first disc dye today and it made no sense.... my 150 Champion Leopard.

EddieDye.jpg

#10 at Green County DGC is a straight downhill shot through the woods. I threw a straight shot down the pipe. We actually thought it was going to park by the basket but it hit a tree and shot straight down.

It didn't kick right or left. It went straight at the base of the tree. On the tee pad I had no worries that I would't find it. I watched the entire flight, the tree hit, the bounce at the base of the tree.

My partner Austin threw his brand new Green star Tbird and it yanked straight to the left in to some thick woods and briars. It was so new he hadn't put his name on it.

After about an hour of looking we finally decided to give up and keep on playing.

After the round I put up a note hoping whoever finds them will give me a call.

I'm the most honest discer you'll ever meet, but I'm pretty sure I'd keep that disc if I found it. Best dye job ever.

Last night threw my new-ish gummy champ valk on a hole and it got eaten by these monster pine trees. Took about a half hour to find - not sure why I thought it would have been a good idea to throw a green disc into pine trees.

Found it then realized I was far enough from the basket that could throw another valk to get to the basket. Thought I was smart and swapped it out for my favorite orange star valk. Orange would be visible.

Threw it and again - in the pine trees. Looked for an hour and found a DX Whippet and a Pro Destroyer. Never found my Valk.

Went back out tonight to look - found a DX Leo and a Star Beast. All 4 in the tree that I swore ate mine.

Never found mine. Three of the 4 were uninked - my Valkyrie was uninked too so I doubt I'll see it again.

Played same hole again tonight - still no Valk, but I did find a Star Katana and a DX Valk in the same tree. That's some disc eating pines there.

So far a 6-to-1 trade.

Was playing hole 8 at Horner Park in Lebanon IL, turned a river over a bit and watched it glide right into the neighbor's bean field. Spent over an hour looking for it, no luck. If anyone happens to throw a disc out there and find it, I would greatly appreciate it. My name and number are marked on it, its a bright light blue gold line, Ive only had it about 2 weeks :(

I left a fr ghost in blue springs mo at wilbur young dgc. :( it just jumped out of my bag I guess. Im upset over this, who just leaves a disc after throwing it? Oh wait I know this guy.

Red Stalker SS.. Multi Ace disk... Made this drive a handful of times with crap disc's. Decide to throw my go to Stalker.. didn't make it :(

went in here.. and by now is either hung up on a bank of the Rum River.. or if lucky made it to the Mississippi River and is heading south to a warmer state :)

gone.jpg

Was on Vacation in Daytona June 9th thru 16th and while there I always show up at Tuscawilla and play their singles and Doubles league. I show up on Sunday for Singles league and proceed to throw a beat blue destroyer into the water on #7 (crazy disc eating pond!). I get back on Wednesday for doubles and one of the locals has been swimming and my destroyer is returned. During the round we get back to hole #7 and I proceed to dump the same disc back into the muddy pond. I guess I don't learn very fast!

I return home and the third week on July I'm in Charlotte for World's. On Tuesday morning I show up at Reedy Creek for the first round and a guy on my card recognizes me. He tells me he has my blue destroyer and will get back to me on hole #2 when we start. I think we played 5 of the 7 rounds together and finished tied. Thanks again Dave!

Last edited:
Lost my Buzzz Supercolor at Sedgely Woods today. Off the tee on the 4th hole, it hooked awful to the right and hit a tree about 2/3 of the way down the hill. Spent a good 20 minutes looking for it. My game took a turn for the worst after that. That Buzzz was my go to disc.

If anybody spots it, my name and number is on the back. Id really appreciate if someone finds it to give me a call

Just want to give mad props to Dave over at Sedgley Woods. Hes taken on a daunting task of locating the owners of id have to say 500 discs that have been lost there.

got a text from him this afternoon and had my Buzz back in my hands a few hours later.

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Theres a lake on the Blackhawk course in Tulsa, OK. I'm pretty sure that if anyone has the balls to ford that bacteria/snake/loch ness monster infested lake that they could pull out $1000 in discs. I actually hear that there is a guy who does it once a year and calls all the inked discs he finds and charges them if they want their disc back. Quite the entrepreneurial fellow.

Latest posts